Les Moonves of CBS

26 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Worked for him. 

He's a colossal asshat of ungodly proportions. There's more to come out about his past, if they really want to expose him.

Does CBS have the stones to offer him the choice between letting him keep what dignity and reputation he has left by walking away from the severance, or destroying him if he wants to fight for the $120,000,000 golden parachute?

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Don't know whether this is considered PPP or not, but it is sickening to read what power/money does to people's behaviour:

this is also reprehensible and shows what money can do to justice in the US

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/article220097825.html

Clinton..on this scums plane 23 times

Trump..good friend

Dershowitz..after digging up dirt on the prosecution team, victims families etc.." we out lawyered them"

Starr...just a pure scum who oversaw the mess at Baylor...

This is how the rich get treated.

I'll share a Les story, without sharing the names of others involved because I don't want to talk out of school. 

A show I worked on for awhile was in between seasons. We were a long running, successful show that made bank for the company year in and year out. The showrunner gets a call from Les two weeks before the new season is set to begin shooting (which means we're heavily into the writing phase at that point). I was in the office, the call was on speaker because my boss was a very open person. 

Les says he wants my boss to fire two of the actresses on the show because they "weren't hot enough" (real story was, they rejected his advances). At this point, so many years in, the cast and crew are like family and my boss was NOT having it. One of my favorite quotes I've ever heard out here came in his retort. My boss fired back: 

"Les, the day I start making business decisions based on what makes your dick hard is the day you can fire me."

Then hung up on him - the head of the studio and one of the most powerful men in Hollywood at the time. Les called right back to yell, my boss hung up on him again after unloading even more colorful language.

Kept his job. Saved the actresses jobs (for awhile).

Loved working for that person.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

15 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I'll share a Les story, without sharing the names of others involved because I don't want to talk out of school. 

A show I worked on for awhile was in between seasons. We were a long running, successful show that made bank for the company year in and year out. The showrunner gets a call from Les two weeks before the new season is set to begin shooting (which means we're heavily into the writing phase at that point). I was in the office, the call was on speaker because my boss was a very open person. 

Les says he wants my boss to fire two of the actresses on the show because they "weren't hot enough" (real story was, they rejected his advances). At this point, so many years in, the cast and crew are like family and my boss was NOT having it. One of my favorite quotes I've ever heard out here came in his retort. My boss fired back: 

"Les, the day I start making business decisions based on what makes your dick hard is the day you can fire me."

Then hung up on him - the head of the studio and one of the most powerful men in Hollywood at the time. Les called right back to yell, my boss hung up on him again after unloading even more colorful language.

Story would be perfect if he was referring to Two Broke Girls.

(Or to the host of Big Brother)

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

So, you didn't vomit?

From Stern or what's going on?  Nah

But as TransGreg says "it's amazing what hides in plain site."

From Spacey to that other director who I forgot and never cared about because I'm not some ***** who watches fancy films all the way to South Park making fun of Tom Cruise and Stern exposing Moonves. 

These guys are slime and it's more accurate to say it's a reflection of society than anything. These guys are generally psychopaths. Psychopaths make terrific businesszey's because zey/zi/zhe/zhim are cut throat. Sociopaths are even better some times because they care nothing about anyone but can be detrimental to others because they are clueless when it comes to empathy for others and create wide swath's of victims. 

16 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I'm betting the show was "The View." ? 

Or betting it was Everybody loves Raymond because the writing sucked and I can attribute that to you. Or CSI because you're a nerd and the ***** was as outlandish as your tinfoil stuff.  ?

Edited by Boyst62
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

From Stern or what's going on?  Nah

But as TransGreg says "it's amazing what hides in plain site."

From Spacey to that other director who I forgot and never cared about because I'm not some ***** who watches fancy films all the way to South Park making fun of Tom Cruise and Stern exposing Moonves. 

These guys are slime and it's more accurate to say it's a reflection of society than anything. These guys are generally psychopaths. Psychopaths make terrific businesszey's because zey/zi/zhe/zhim are cut throat. Sociopaths are even better some times because they care nothing about anyone but can be detrimental to others because they are clueless when it comes to empathy for others and create wide swath's of victims. 

I'm betting the show was "The View." ? 

Or betting it was Everybody loves Raymond because the writing sucked and I can attribute that to you. Or CSI because you're a nerd and the ***** was as outlandish as your tinfoil stuff.  ?

Sounds like Moonves pissed you off for some reason. I won't speculate further.

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

Boyst didn't get a pass?

In 1994 I spent time as a fashion coordinator on the set of Wings.  I learned a lot. The casting couch is real.  And fun.  I earned my way to many leading films and 7 awards for leading actor.

27 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

In 1994 I spent time as a fashion coordinator on the set of Wings.  I learned a lot. The casting couch is real.  And fun.  I earned my way to many leading films and 7 awards for leading actor.

I loved the little blonde on that show.   No, please don't post a picture of what she looks like now.

20 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Trump..good friend

Dershowitz..after digging up dirt on the prosecution team, victims families etc.." we out lawyered them"

And just think, we could have shown how much respect we had for women if only we had all voted for Slick Willy's wife!

5 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I loved the little blonde on that show.   No, please don't post a picture of what she looks like now.

And just think, we could have shown how much respect we had for women if only we had all voted for Slick Willy's wife!

That was me. History doesn't remember it. But I was the little blonde for a few years until David Spade grew his hair out to replace me. He was cheaper talent.

20 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Trump..good friend

That's the "Lolita Express" Us whacky conspiracy nuts have been aware of this for years! Bill's "gotcha" moment is always the Monica thing. That's the least of it with this guy.

1 minute ago, Dante said:

That's the "Lolita Express" Us whacky conspiracy nuts have been aware of this for years! Bill's "gotcha" moment is always the Monica thing. That's the least of it with this guy.

pure scum, as is his wife.

Put the scum pond runs deep on this story....or it is pretty shallow depending on your POV. Could be rich and powerful take care of their own..party and politics be damned.

I have never been a guy who says " how to defense do it".. I get their job, respect it, and expect them to fight like hell for their clients ...but I also don't subscribe to the "anything to win" mantra that the Defence team seemed to use in this case. I do think there are some ethics and boundaries even lawyers should abide by.

8 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

pure scum, as is his wife.

Put the scum pond runs deep on this story....or it is pretty shallow depending on your POV. Could be rich and powerful take care of their own..party and politics be damned.

I have never been a guy who says " how to defense do it".. I get their job, respect it, and expect them to fight like hell for their clients ...but I also don't subscribe to the "anything to win" mantra that the Defence team seemed to use in this case. I do think there are some ethics and boundaries even lawyers should abide by.

To quote Carlin: 

"It's one big club, and we ain't in it."

When it comes to Epstein and his island, that might be more true than even George imagined when he wrote it. 

• Like (+1) 1