Are you app friendly?

Another Fan

12 hours ago, Augie said:

Tell the truth! You have the potty search app in your top 3, I’m sure!  

I have Venmo, for some stupid reason....but I’ll forgive you if I like America’s Test Kitchen! 

How one can travel without this app is beyond me!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sitorsquat-restroom-finder/id511855507?mt=8

ask @ExiledInIllinois, he also now has Venmo for same stupid reason you do!!! A smart person dragged both you cretins to 2016.. yes you are.both at least two years behind!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

How one can travel without this app is beyond me!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sitorsquat-restroom-finder/id511855507?mt=8

ask @ExiledInIllinois, he also now has Venmo for same stupid reason you do!!! A smart person dragged both you cretins to 2016.. yes you are.both at least two years behind!

LoL... But I am still looking for ways for people to Venmo me $$$ out of the blue.  

There's gotta be a way!

Hey wait! A guy @ work owes me 25 bucks.  He's got a Smartphone!  I gotta start thinking on my feet a little better now that I got this thing!

I worry that too many apps will bog my phone down and cause it to misbehave. 

I use Waze and Weather often.

I play music and use the camera often.

I check email and use the browser when I go to the throne room at work.

I use various airline and rental car apps when I travel.

I have some apps for controlling WiFi light bulbs and such. 

39 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

I worry that too many apps will bog my phone down and cause it to misbehave. 

I use Waze and Weather often.

I play music and use the camera often.

I check email and use the browser when I go to the throne room at work.

I use various airline and rental car apps when I travel.

I have some apps for controlling WiFi light bulbs and such. 

I am running Nougat and an older phone... No such worries.  Now, maybe on my older phone, earlier Android releases.

Don't the newer phones have multiple-core processors?

4 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

The real question is for @SDS  what would a native TBD app cost to build and would we be willing to crowdsource that sucker!

Why would you need “an app”? The forum and the front page are very mobile friendly. 

It it would probably take $300k and it would have to be done by the forum software company. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I have a number of apps on  my iPhone se.  I use a certain few with some regularity, the rest come and go as I add/delete as the mood strikes me.  I read about an app, check the reviews, cost, etc. and most often don't pull the trigger.  Some of the utiiity apps stay with me while some of the gee whiz apps leave the day I d'load them.

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I am running Nougat and an older phone... No such worries.  Now, maybe on my older phone, earlier Android releases.

Don't the newer phones have multiple-core processors?

I have an iPhone 5. Apparently it has a dual core processor.  I don’t want to upgrade because all the newer phones seem to be too big to fit comfortably in a pocket. 

My kids bounce back and forth between Apple and Samsung.  My wife prefers Apple, and we like to get the same phone so we can help each other figure things out.  We aren’t the type who would try to jail break a system, so the Apple products are just fine for us. 

• Like (+1) 1

I hate apps. I have one for my vehicle, that is it. I uninstalled as many as I could that came preloaded on my phone. I have not installed any on my iPad.

I need to have the Facebook app because I admin a ton of pages, and they need to "verify identity".  How knowing where I am all the time is verifying my identity, I have no idea - they should just call it what it is... 'we want to spy on you constantly so we can verify everything you do and then sell that information to advertisers' (and my "verified account" is not my real name, sooooo). 

The Facebook app (and IG app) track your every move, all your phone related actions, etc. So, that app is on an old phone with a cheap data account, and a vpn that bounces around (US based) so it shows I am in the US, but not my real location. If I shut that phone off, I have to "re-verify" my account about 48 hours later. SMH

I have tons but my favorite and the only one I pay for and it’s worth every penny. Nugs. It streams live music from mostly jam bands. They stream the next morning.  It’s awesome. This is the photo of one of the Umphrey’e McGee show i was at. I didn’t get the “no white shirts” memo. ?

3A937F5E-6EAE-4D49-8C81-75FE1730D9EC.jpeg

Edited by Chef Jim

2 hours ago, SDS said:

Why would you need “an app”? The forum and the front page are very mobile friendly. 

It it would probably take $300k and it would have to be done by the forum software company. 

Pocket change for @plenzmd1!  When do we start??? He’ll cover everything, I’m sure.  ?

2 hours ago, SDS said:

Why would you need “an app”? The forum and the front page are very mobile friendly

Yes, but where are the full-screen pop up video ads every fifteen seconds??

7 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

I have an iPhone 5. Apparently it has a dual core processor.  I don’t want to upgrade because all the newer phones seem to be too big to fit comfortably in a pocket. 

My kids bounce back and forth between Apple and Samsung.  My wife prefers Apple, and we like to get the same phone so we can help each other figure things out.  We aren’t the type who would try to jail break a system, so the Apple products are just fine for us. 

Rest of my family is Apple.  I never have been, always been Android.

Son... Started out Android, then in 2012 moved to Apple with 4s. Daughter was Android, then moved to Apple with the 6s.

Wife ALWAYS Apple since the start. Daughter only one with the newest, Xs.  Rest still on 6s.

Myself the Galaxy S6.  Now I keep Daughter's Old Galaxy S3 for back-up in case I have a "Digital Disaster."  Daughter's old 6s is mothballed for back-up in case Son & Wife melt down.

The old Apple 4s? (Son got cold hard cash a few years back... /smh... I hoard the small phones) Wife's old 4s, that was given to, with new battery, to my mother in-law.  The perfect size to replace her aging decades old flip phone!  I can't image giving her a huge phone!  And it modernized her, she'd always me to show her how to work the flip phone.  I was forgetting.  Smartphones are universal, need no instructions, are intuitive!  Well @ least for everybody else on the planet except my inlaws! But MiL is learning, she generally wants to learn!

My father inlaw?  Wants NO part of any phone at all.  He thinks the black ops helos are tracking his every move.  Well, they are, but who cares if operating a Smartphone done right... LoL... Smart man??!  OR... Is he the stubborn old Border Collie in the movie: "Babe."  LoL...?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Haha (+1) 1