Are you app friendly?

Another Fan

Mint, untappd, The Athletic, Fantasy football, waze, gun deals, venmo, paypal, ticketmaster, stubhub, gmail, NYT crossword, amazon, bank apps, tunity, grocery stores, pinochle, chevy, credit card apps, airbnb, uber, lyft, ESPN, golf gps app.

There's some more but these are the ones I use most.

Edited by LeviF91

damn, I got like 40 i use fairly regularly. All the travel things like Marriot, AA..entertainment like Sling, Amazon, Netflix...sports like the Atlhletic, watch espn..weather, music, , one for finding the best and cheapest parking spot..bovada for placing bets, twinspires to bet the ponies...and about 4 newspaper apps.

3 separate ones just for making restaurant reservations.

31 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

pinochle,

hmm, never thought of that..which one do you use?

Edited by plenzmd1

Flight Aware.  I'm still amazed that when a commercial airliner is flying 7 miles above my head, the app tells me where it's from, where it's going, duration of flight, speed, and altitude. And that's the free app, upgrades are available.

Sky View Light.  Again, free, with upgrades available.  Is that a star or a planet you're seeing?  This app will let you know.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

It's literally just called "Pinochle."  It's made by fishdog.  Little banner ad at the bottom supports it.  Super simple, clean.  Only issue is your partner sucks, but it's a great time killer when you're stuck somewhere with ***** internet.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Mint, untappd, The Athletic, Fantasy football, waze, gun deals, venmo, paypal, ticketmaster, stubhub, gmail, NYT crossword, amazon, bank apps, tunity, grocery stores, pinochle, chevy, credit card apps, airbnb, uber, lyft, ESPN, golf gps app.

There's some more but these are the ones I use most.

Gazelle is better than venmo

38 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Flight Aware.  I'm still amazed that when a commercial airliner is flying 7 miles above my head, the app tells me where it's from, where it's going, duration of flight, speed, and altitude. And that's the free app, upgrades are available.

Sky View Light.  Again, free with upgrades available.  Is that a star or a planet you're seeing?  This app will let you know.

could not live without FlightAware..or venmo..or stubhub and the other 4 tickets apps I have in there..Americas test kitchen and serious eats get used almost daily...shakeshack is a big time saver when i want a burger

use whatsapp quite a bit too when texting with folks overseas.. 

6 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

damn, I got like 40 i use fairly regularly. All the travel things like Marriot, AA..entertainment like Sling, Amazon, Netflix...sports like the Atlhletic, watch espn..weather, music, , one for finding the best and cheapest parking spot..bovada for placing bets, twinspires to bet the ponies...and about 4 newspaper apps.

Similar list for me; I probably have a hundred and use 25 regularly.   Restaurant ones (Yelp, OpenTable) are very helpful.  Also real estate apps, news apps, etc.

6 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Tell the truth! You have the potty search app in your top 3, I’m sure!  

I use Waze, weather (2 - weather is important to me), Uber, calculator, Delta,  flashlight (it’s an old people thing - Plenz probably uses that too), maps will help you find your parked car (another old...never mind), Sirius and Pandora, notes, then the other 30-40 I rarely if ever go near. 

5 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

could not live without FlightAware..or venmo..or stubhub and the other 4 tickets apps I have in there..Americas test kitchen and serious eats get used almost daily...shakeshack is a big time saver when i want a burger

use whatsapp quite a bit too when texting with folks overseas.. 

I have Venmo, for some stupid reason....but I’ll forgive you if I like America’s Test Kitchen! 

I do not have one app which does not come preinstalled on my phone and would like to remove some which are on but can't.

My company on the other hand expects NOW that you have a smart phone with apps for work and benefits but none of this was a requirement when I took job;p in fact to save money they tried to get rid of my RSA token and I told them if they make it a requirement I can declare on my taxes it as unreimbursed work expense which is something they do not wish to do for it turns away potential employees.  They are requiring apps for some benefits but denying that they are required but after a year on inquiry how to use it without an app, they have made no replies.

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

2nvv43.jpg

Sure they are - photoshop.

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

I do not have one app which does not come preinstalled on my phone and would like to remove some which are on but can't.

My company on the other hand expects NOW that you have a smart phone with apps for work and benefits but none of this was a requirement when I took job;p in fact to save money they tried to get rid of my RSA token and I told them if they make it a requirement I can declare on my taxes it as unreimbursed work expense which is something they do not wish to do for it turns away potential employees.  They are requiring apps for some benefits but denying that they are required but after a year on inquiry how to use it without an app, they have made no replies.

Sure they are - photoshop.

Root your phone.

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Root your phone.

My phone is too old to have root implant.  It is a flip phone and my eyesight is not good enough to use a smartphone.

I discovered how to delete 4 demo games today saving valuable memory space.

56 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

My phone is too old to have root implant.  It is a flip phone and my eyesight is not good enough to use a smartphone.

I discovered how to delete 4 demo games today saving valuable memory space.

I do everything on my phone, only thing I do on desktop, laptop/notebook are Our taxes.

Still on Galaxy S6.  I have been nearsighted and wearing glasses since about 10.  Actually my up close vision has gotten better since using smartphones last 6 years and getting older (50), I am holding phone 2 feet away typing this with glasses off.

FWIW... I have numerous Apps yet, I am careful and selective on ones I choose.