Is Vander Eshe to Edmunds the same as Juju to Zay

Teddy KGB

3 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

That would be a false statement as of today.  

VDE ranked top 6 

T Edmunds ranked top 71 

False? Ranking per what PFF?

Ps...Edmund's has less tackles (2.5 games less due to injury) but has more TFL (3 to 2), more sacks (1 to none), more hits on QBs (5 to 1), more forced fumbles (2 to none) and more passes defended (8 to 7) AGAIN in 5 less quarters of football.

Edited by aceman_16

Just now, oldmanfan said:

You don't think Edmunds looks shaky, do you?  He just needs to learn to read his keys more, and that takes a bit of time.

Edmunds will be fine. I'm not regretting not getting LVE. It would have been impossible since we wouldn't have traded up for him given it looked like a reach for the Cowboys at the time anyway. They've drafted really well last 5-8 years.

But I saw a good indicator LVE will be a good to great player for a long time. Edmunds is absolutely starting caliber MLB, not a bust.. I'm hoping he'll be great.  

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

Ummm.....Tre'Davious White?

Ummm...Allen, Edmunds, Lawson. All players that needed time due to development or injury. Yup, White had a good rookie year. 1 of the last 4 1st rounders that did. 

Incidentally, he's also the one picked latest in the 1st round of the 4 which goes to show draft position isn't always the most important thing.

2 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Ummm...Allen, Edmunds, Lawson. All players that needed time due to development or injury. Yup, White had a good rookie year. 1 of the last 4 1st rounders that did. 

Incidentally, he's also the one picked latest in the 1st round of the 4 which goes to show draft position isn't always the most important thing.

I think there is so much too this then what is being said

Who is playing around them

Does the scheme compliment them

What are their rookie responsibiities

Did they have issues coming in but were drafted on long term potential

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

He wears a Bills jersey so obviously she must be better! ?

He is a male and see my post above... I posted numbers (something you may not understand).

Here is what I posted above:

Ps...Edmund's has less tackles (2.5 games less due to injury) but has more TFL (3 to 2), more sacks (1 to none), more hits on QBs (5 to 1), more forced fumbles (2 to none) and more passes defended (8 to 7) AGAIN in 5 less quarters of football

Edited by aceman_16

6 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

He is a male and see my post above... I posted numbers (something you may not understand).

Here is what I posted above:

Ps...Edmund's has less tackles (2.5 games less due to injury) but has more TFL (3 to 2), more sacks (1 to none), more hits on QBs (5 to 1), more forced fumbles (2 to none) and more passes defended (8 to 7) AGAIN in 5 less quarters of football

Do they even play the same position or have the same responsibilities? Some of those numbers are negligible. But like I said, he wears a Bills jersey so clearly he is better.

1 hour ago, Augie said:

AMEN! When I look at last years draft, then see people tell the Bills what they could have done better, it makes me wonder. I mean, was that draft not good enough? There is ALWAYS something you could do better, but it’s pointless to rehash every pick with perfect hindsight. 

Having said all that, we’ve put a lot of chips in for Josh and Edmunds. I feel pretty confident about Edmunds, and if someone did a little bit better, then hats off to them. I won’t spend any time worrying about it. If we knew Josh was a sure thing, I’d be so happy I’d let the Cowboys chose whichever LB they want! 

To your first point, exactly. Hindsight is always 20/20 and after the fact anyone can nitpick about anything.

And Edmunds played a lot more OLB in college, he's acclimating to the NFL while switching to MLB. Vander Esch is playing outside so these guys have different responsibilities based on their positions.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

False? Ranking per what PFF?

Ps...Edmund's has less tackles (2.5 games less due to injury) but has more TFL (3 to 2), more sacks (1 to none), more hits on QBs (5 to 1), more forced fumbles (2 to none) and more passes defended (8 to 7) AGAIN in 5 less quarters of football.

17, 28, 33.

Those are LVE’s total snap counts for the first three weeks of the season. He was being eased in behind Lee until Lee went down. 

Just now, Bangarang said:

Do they even play the same position or have the same responsibilities? Some of those numbers are negligible. But like I said, he wears a Bills jersey so clearly he is better.

No they dont. However, I think there are MANY better players out there better than our guys. The only one I consider playing at an elite level is Tre White. So your sophomoric response implying homerism is well....asinine. I was pointing out to the OP that Edmunds is good and we needed an ILB not an OLB.

2 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

17, 28, 33.

Those are LVE’s total snap counts for the first three weeks of the season. He was being eased in behind Lee until Lee went down. 

Yes...You have proven that he has played every game. How does that dismiss that Edmund's hasnt?

2 hours ago, Commonsense said:

What about all the other posters saying it’s okay that’s Edmunds isn’t good because he is 20 y/o?

Only an idiot would say that he isn't good.

He's made some amazing plays out there, and if you're saying he isn't good, you have an agenda. Period.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

To your first point, exactly. Hindsight is always 20/20 and after the fact anyone can nitpick about anything.

And Edmunds played a lot more OLB in college, he's acclimating to the NFL while switching to MLB. Vander Esch is playing outside so these guys have different responsibilities based on their positions.

There was a question about Edmund’s instincts coming out of college (at the ripe old age of 19), so add in a change of position and that steepens the learning curve. I think his floor is very good, and his ceiling is ridiculous! 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

No they dont. However, I think there are MANY better players out there better than our guys. The only one I consider playing at an elite level is Tre White. So your sophomoric response implying homerism is well....asinine. I was pointing out to the OP that Edmunds is good and we needed an ILB not an OLB.

Yes...You have proven that he has played every game. How does that dismiss that Edmund's hasnt?

An NFL team runs roughly 67-84 offensive plays per game according to PFF. That means in the first three weeks he was only out there a third of a time and some of those were on special teams. So if you are trying to accurately compare stats between the two and include TE’s missed games then you should also note that. 

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Only an idiot would say that he isn't good.

He's made some amazing plays out there, and if you're saying he isn't good, you have an agenda. Period.

Being a physical freak and being good aren’t related. Shirley you know that. 

4 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Being a physical freak and being good aren’t related. Shirley you know that. 

You missed the play this week when he came from half way across the field and stone cold stopped a screen play short on a third down.

That's just one such play.

But go on, continue your narrative by ALL means. Maybe try watching the games, though.

5 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yup.

And probably a couple of years down the road we'll know how both of those comparisons panned out.

So far, JuJu has had a lot faster start in much better conditions and Edmunds looking slower-developing than Vander Esch but with as much or more potential.

Too early to know how either turned out but the JuJu comparison looks more likely to come out Pittsburgh's way in the long run. And the long run is all I care about in the present situation. But as long as Zay lives up to his draft spot this won't be anything to hold against the FO. And he does look like he's beginning to be worth the pick. 

Based on the valuations at the time of the Draft, including injury history, Edmonds was the clear choice. Including the need to move up. As the season has progressed I feel the Bills made the right decision to Draft Edmonds. 

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

If Sammy was picked by a different team with better Qbs and ObJ ended in Buffalo, perhaps their careers are completely different.

I'm not on this train. Sammy never lived up to the hype. I get that TT would slow down any WR's development. But Sammy had his shot with the LA Rams. If anyone shows potential, McVay will find a way to use it. Yet Sammy plunged down the depth chart, with Woods and Cupp getting more targets, not to mention Gurley in the passing game. 

The Rams shuffle him off and bring in Cooks, who commands attention and takes over what Sammy should have been.

But still living off his hype, Sammy gets way, way overpaid to join KC. Talking about another ideal scenario with a QB who is off the charts. Yet again Sammy descends behind Hill, Kelce, Hunt and even Conley as he finds himself becoming the 5th option. I'm not buying into Sammy being screwed by the Bills. He is what he is.... overpaid for minimal production and a few jaw dropping plays here and there that keep him paid.

• Thank you (+1) 1