Those who beard..

Steptide

For the 2nd time in my adult life, I'm growing a beard. For those here with beards, I have a question, how do you do it? The first time I grew a beard was about 3 years ago. I gave it two months and couldn't take it anymore. The constant itch was un bearable. So here I am again doing the same thing. Part of the reason I'm doing it, is that I work outside and it really does help in cold weather. However I cannot wait to get this atrocity off my face. I have friends who have had beards for years with no problem. Is there some secret I don't know about? 

13 minutes ago, Steptide said:

For the 2nd time in my adult life, I'm growing a beard. For those here with beards, I have a question, how do you do it? The first time I grew a beard was about 3 years ago. I gave it two months and couldn't take it anymore. The constant itch was un bearable. So here I am again doing the same thing. Part of the reason I'm doing it, is that I work outside and it really does help in cold weather. However I cannot wait to get this atrocity off my face. I have friends who have had beards for years with no problem. Is there some secret I don't know about? 

Grow a goatee first. If you can handle that, then grow the rest.

23 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Once you've come out you what is the point?  When that cat is out of the bag you can date Jennifer Aniston and you still won't be fooling anyone.  I think you should focus on being the best gay man you can be.

32 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Once you've come out you what is the point?  When that cat is out of the bag you can date Jennifer Aniston and you still won't be fooling anyone.  I think you should focus on being the best gay man you can be.

Awesome response ??

I grow a beard because I'm lazy. I always have.

Let it grow.  Read online processes if you must. Find products to keep it moistened and soft, I just use some cheap peppermint smelling cream and it does wondered. It stays about an inch long but I'll go 4 to 5" if I'm bored.

But keep it moistened. Comb it and when you're bored use your fingers to pull it straight with your fingers.   If you're going for a mustache dont trim it. Get wax, a horse hair mustache brush and a wood mustache come.  Training it is key.

But just keep your face moistened. I prefer Neutrogena hyrdo boost because it's water based and oil dries your skin to age faster.  The beard itches because your face is dry, but also because it needs cleaned still.  A good scrub in the shower followed by air drying than your beard cream works. Walmart has a good one I forgot the name of and I use a mustache cream from amazon.

PS. Drinking so ??‍♂️ scatter brained

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Steptide said:

Yup just don't shave.

The itching goes away after a while. Remember, nobody likes a bearded complainer.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Steptide said:

Got diagnosed with cancer a couple weeks back and have decided to grow a beard until I win. I’m not a great beard grower.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Starting in college, I grew a beard every fall and shaved it off every spring. Now I keep it year round.

It's itchy to start, but after it fills in, the itchiness goes away. Thanks to my Sicilian ancestry, that's about a week for me.

For grooming, a little mineral oil after showering is good. I used to trim my beard short, but my wife said it was scratchy. I let it go bushier now - not quite Jerry Garcia - and she likes it better ... for several reasons. ?

My beard is older than half the posters here.   It never itched.  Don't know why.  Maybe try shampooing more often.

It is as old as it is because every time I get the thought to shave, I think about the morning ritual shave and that removes the thought.

Natural beard oils and balms will help with the itching.  Grew a beard for the first time starting this past April and didn't itch at all.  I wash it every other day and condition on the off days. 

Beards are cool.  I grow a beard here and there just to change things up a bit, but my beard doesn’t really come in fully.  It’s a little “patchy” up around my cheekbones.  I usually keep it trimmed neatly and it looks good.  At least my wife tells me it does.  I rub baby powder into my beard after every shower until the itchiness subsides.

4 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Natural beard oils and balms will help with the itching.  Grew a beard for the first time starting this past April and didn't itch at all.  I wash it every other day and condition on the off days. 

Gibs has some nice products.

http://www.gibsgrooming.com/beard-facial