Bledsoe....contradicting himself on ESPN

mtdoak

I think very few people on here (if any) are taking personal shots at Bledsoe. But as StuckinCincy pointed out, the guy is a millionaire and I think it's understandable that a lot of Bills fans are frustrated with the guy. Remember last offseason? How much time did Mularkey and Wyche have to spend trying to get it through Drew's head that he needed to 1) learn to go through his progressions, 2) not always focus on the big play, and 3) get rid of the damn ball? And these are only the things we fans actually heard about. So when BobinSC says that this situation accentuated his weaknesses or whatever, I think it's the exact opposite. We made Drew the focus of the offense and the guy still let us down. He had three years to establish himself as the starter of the Buffalo Bills and didn't get it done. A lot of people, myself included, feel he has only himself to blame. So when he sits there in Dallas whining about how he got a raw deal, or how he was wronged, naturally it's going to piss some people off. He had the support of everyone from Ralph Wilson and TD, to the coaching staff and players......probably most fans were behind him until this year, too. The problem was not the situation......it was not TD or MM or the fans. It was Drew! He's got a clean slate now, so he should just work hard and focus on his new team........and he should shut the hell up about the Bills.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think very few people on here (if any) are taking personal shots at Bledsoe. But as StuckinCincy pointed out, the guy is a millionaire and I think it's understandable that a lot of Bills fans are frustrated with the guy. Remember last offseason? How much time did Mularkey and Wyche have to spend trying to get it through Drew's head that he needed to 1) learn to go through his progressions, 2) not always focus on the big play, and 3) get rid of the damn ball? And these are only the things we fans actually heard about. So when BobinSC says that this situation accentuated his weaknesses or whatever, I think it's the exact opposite. We made Drew the focus of the offense and the guy still let us down. He had three years to establish himself as the starter of the Buffalo Bills and didn't get it done. A lot of people, myself included, feel he has only himself to blame. So when he sits there in Dallas whining about how he got a raw deal, or how he was wronged, naturally it's going to piss some people off. He had the support of everyone from Ralph Wilson and TD, to the coaching staff and players......probably most fans were behind him until this year, too. The problem was not the situation......it was not TD or MM or the fans. It was Drew!  He's got a clean slate now, so he should just work hard and focus on his new team........and he should shut the hell up about the Bills.

288044[/snapback]

Bravo! well said.

Bravo! well said.

288049[/snapback]

Thanks bro :angry:

How ya feelin tonight? Knee pain under control with those meds?

I think very few people on here (if any) are taking personal shots at Bledsoe.

288044[/snapback]

Your post from March 22-

My problem with Bledsoe is that the minute he was disrupted in the pocket, he went into the fetal position. I swear, some of his sacks actually took like 5 seconds from the first contact to the point where he was on the ground. What was Drew doing in those five seconds? Fetalizing.

This about a guy who if he's been nothing in his career he's been tough- never sat out for dings, never laid down to pressure, the absolute antithesis of the Jim Everett types.

So if I follow your interpretation of "taking personal shots" you shouldn't be offended at all if point out that you're a lying hypocrite who childishly obsesses about past Bills players. Because, of course, by your defintiion that wouldn't be a personal shot! (and in fact it would contain accurate information, unlike the absolute garbage in your post)

Hey, this is fun!

Your post from March 22-

My problem with Bledsoe is that the minute he was disrupted in the pocket, he went into the fetal position. I swear, some of his sacks actually took like 5 seconds from the first contact to the point where he was on the ground. What was Drew doing in those five seconds? Fetalizing.

This about a guy who if he's been nothing in his career he's been tough- never sat out for dings, never laid down to pressure, the absolute antithesis of the Jim Everett types.

So if I follow your interpretation of "taking personal shots" you shouldn't be offended at all if point out that you're a lying hypocrite who childishly obsesses about past Bills players. Because, of course, by your defintiion that wouldn't be a personal shot! (and in fact it would contain accurate information, unlike the absolute garbage in your post)

Hey, this is fun!

288133[/snapback]

Okay, now tell me what part of what I said was a personal shot at Bledsoe? What you said about me, on the other hand, was a very good example of a personal shot. Thus I feel completely within my rights to refer to you as an idiot 0:)

Okay, now tell me what part of what I said was a personal shot at Bledsoe? What you said about me, on the other hand, was a very good example of a personal shot. Thus I feel completely within my rights to refer to you as an idiot  0:)

288166[/snapback]

I'm happy to be identified as an "idiot" by someone who exhibits so little intelligence as to question Drew Bledsoe's courage and toughness and try to hide behind the lie that it's not a "personal shot". Only the most foolish of Bledsoe Haters would go after the guy's strengths and try to falsely paint them as negatives. You are truly an out of control Bledsoe Hater and you shame the vast majority of Bills fans who choose to respect those that have played in our uniform who deserve it. Any objective Bills fan realizes that courage and toughness are traits of Bledsoe that deserve our respect, and your personal attacks on those very things expose you as a fraud.

Hate on. Don't expect me to sit idly by while you do it.

I'm happy to be identified as an "idiot" by someone who exhibits so little intelligence as to question Drew Bledsoe's courage and toughness and try to hide behind the lie that it's not a "personal shot". Only the most foolish of Bledsoe Haters would go after the guy's strengths and try to falsely paint them as negatives. You are truly an out of control Bledsoe Hater and you shame the vast majority of Bills fans who choose to respect those that have played in our uniform who deserve it.

288172[/snapback]

I don't know about vast majority, there are alotta knuckleheads out there. 0:)

I'm happy to be identified as an "idiot" by someone who exhibits so little intelligence as to question Drew Bledsoe's courage and toughness and try to hide behind the lie that it's not a "personal shot". Only the most foolish of Bledsoe Haters would go after the guy's strengths and try to falsely paint them as negatives. You are truly an out of control Bledsoe Hater and you shame the vast majority of Bills fans who choose to respect those that have played in our uniform who deserve it.

288172[/snapback]

Do you actually read what people say before you run your mouth? I have no idea what you're talking about. If you're going to reiterate my viewpoint on Bledsoe, at least do so accurately. Sounds more like you have an agenda and are simply using negative criticisms of him as an excuse to pursue it.

I don't know about vast majority, there are alotta knuckleheads out there.  0:)

288175[/snapback]

I'd guess if you asked 100 real Bills fans whether Bledsoe played tough for us the numbers would come in over 80% in the affirmative. The little percentage of Chuck Dickerson clones who would argue against it become insignificant from a statistical standpoint- much like Dickerson himself.

Thanks bro 0:)

How ya feelin tonight? Knee pain under control with those meds?

288054[/snapback]

knee is at greapfruit size level today. but boy the meds do the trick with a couple Dos XX's. i think i will shed the crutches Monday and start rehabbing soon after.

Take it easy on Bledsoe, you big meanie :D

I'd guess if you asked 100 real Bills fans whether Bledsoe played tough for us the numbers would come in over 80% in the affirmative. The little percentage of Chuck Dickerson clones who would argue against it become insignificant from a statistical standpoint- much like Dickerson himself.

288177[/snapback]

What exactly do you mean by 'tough'? If you are talking about his injury history, I think the better term for that is 'durable'. Not the same as tough.

If you're going to reiterate my viewpoint on Bledsoe, at least do so accurately.

288176[/snapback]

Your post from March 22-

How's that for accuracy! Hate on!

knee is at greapfruit size level today. but boy the meds do the trick with a couple Dos XX's. i think i will shed the crutches Monday and start rehabbing soon after.

Take it easy on Bledsoe, you big meanie  0:)

288178[/snapback]

Geesh, I don't envy you with that.....though I wouldn't be surprised if I follow in your footsteps one day soon. Anyway, glad you found a combination of, um, therapy that works for ya! lol

288177[/snapback]

Oh, perhaps 95% would say he was tough. That is one thing almost everyone agrees with. I was responding to the overall "Bills fans" who respect those that wear the uniform. What is the percentage of fans that love a guy for a year or two and then suddenly get a case of Iceitisis? 0:)

Your post from March 22-

How's that for accuracy! Hate on!

288180[/snapback]

0:)

:D

This is no different from laughing at say Rob Johnson, Billy Joe Hobert, or Chris Watson..

DB = RJ = BJH = CW

All four of these players severely disgraced the Bills' uniform in one way or another,

and all four of them deserve the abuse and ridicule they receive. 0:)

Oh, perhaps 95% would say he was tough. That is one thing almost everyone agrees with. I was responding to the overall "Bills fans" who respect those that wear the uniform. What is the percentage of fans that love a guy for a year or two and then suddenly get a case of Iceitisis?  0:)

288182[/snapback]

I honestly think it's higher than most visitors to this board would guess. There's a loud and repetitive minority who follow the blowhards on turning on players but I believe most fans accept that it's a team sport with shared responsibilities and the players who contribute to the quality of the WNY community while doing the on field and locker room jobs to the best of their abilities deserve better than that minority is capable of offering.

I honestly think it's higher than most visitors to this board would guess. There's a loud and repetitive minority who follow the blowhards on turning on players but I believe most fans accept that it's a team sport with shared responsibilities and the players who contribute to the quality of the WNY community while doing the on field and locker room jobs to the best of their abilities deserve better than that minority is capable of offering.

288192[/snapback]

It's not about 'turning on' Drew, bro. It's about a guy who has shown in three years that he's more of a liability than he is an asset. There are a whole lot of players in the NFL that play 'to the best of their abilities', but that is not good enough sometimes. You have to also get the job done. Drew didn't. His penchant for the fetal position is, in my opinion, part of the reason WHY he didn't. Has nothing to do with a personal attack. I reserve those for Tom Brady.

Who the F*** cares about DB. I don't care that he was a loyal teammate, great community guy, fantastic husband & tremendous father. He was a player on my favorite football team, nothing more, nothing less. His tenure as a Buffalo Bill was below average and now he is a Dallas Cowboy. I don't like the Cowboy players, I don't like their owner & I don't like their coaches. Therefore, I want to see DB fall flat on his face and as always I hope the freakin' Cowboys go 0-16!

Unless someone has a close & personal relationship with DB, I don't know why they would feel any differently.