Bledsoe....contradicting himself on ESPN

mtdoak

"So did I get a raw deal? To a certain extent. There was a shift in philosophy that didn't include helping out the quarterback. It does bother me that a lot of the blame for our lack of success was placed right on my shoulders. But I'm never going to be one of those guys who say that I'm being treated unfairly when I'm playing a game for a living. It didn't work out and am I unhappy about that? Yeah. But I'll never say they did me wrong."

You can see alot of Drew's arrogence in this article, how he felt disrespected, etc, etc.

One thing that is kind of frustrating is that I've been in the league 12 years, [i'm] No. 10 all time in passing yardage, no one other than [brett] Favre and [Dan] Marino has gotten to 40,000 yards faster than I have, but it's like I'm just another guy.

He blames the bills for not getting him any help, putting all their emphasis on Defense for his poor years. Drew had an amazing 8 games in Buffalo....then it went downhill. Drew was average when McGahee shouldered the load...terrible whenever he was called on. Hey Drew, your over the hill. Get over yourself.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=2020416

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can see alot of Drew's arrogence in this article, how he felt disrespected, etc, etc. 

He blames the bills for not getting him any help, putting all their emphasis on Defense for his poor years.  Drew had an amazing 8 games in Buffalo....then it went downhill.  Drew was average when McGahee shouldered the load...terrible whenever he was called on.  Hey Drew, your over the hill.  Get over yourself. 

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=2020416

286139[/snapback]

Oh man....where to begin....

"There was a shift in philosophy that didn't include helping out the quarterback"

Not help out the quarterback? The bills did everything they could to help you out......dummied the playbook down....ran more then we threw....everything intermediate to short.....just to keep you from getting concussions from holding onto the ball

"It does bother me that a lot of the blame for our lack of success was placed right on my shoulders"

Yeah...its called being an NFL QB.

Drew....Brett Farve is mobile and Dan Marino doesn't play anymore...and when he did he got rid of the ball a heck of a lot quicker then you do.

Oh my god....I cant believe I am reading this stuff

Oh man....where to begin....

"There was a shift in philosophy that didn't include helping out the quarterback"

Not help out the quarterback?  The bills did everything they could to help you out......dummied the playbook down....ran more then we threw....everything intermediate to short.....just to keep you from getting concussions from holding onto the ball

"It does bother me that a lot of the blame for our lack of success was placed right on my shoulders"

Yeah...its called being an NFL QB. 

Drew....Brett Farve is mobile and Dan Marino doesn't play anymore...and when he did he got rid of the ball a heck of a lot quicker then you do.

Oh my god....I cant believe I am reading this stuff

286161[/snapback]

While I agree that the "shift in philosophy that didn't include helping out the quarterback" statement is a little silly (a good defense is a tremendous aid to any QB), Bledsoe isn't really saying anything all that unreasonable when you consider the source. He truly thinks he can play, so of course he is going to feel he was a scapegoat. It is part of believing in himslef. You may disagree with his self-assesment, but don't slam the guy for not giving up on himself, just because you have....

While I agree that the "shift in philosophy that didn't include helping out the quarterback" statement is a little silly (a good defense is a tremendous aid to any QB), Bledsoe isn't really saying anything all that unreasonable when you consider the source.  He truly thinks he can play, so of course he is going to feel he was a scapegoat.  It is part of believing in himslef.  You may disagree with his self-assesment, but don't slam the guy for not giving up on himself, just because you have....

286169[/snapback]

You couldn't be more wrong. He's in denial. It's NEVER his fault. When it doesn't work out in Dallas, and it won't, what will the excuses be then? The game has passed by the Tuna? Poor OL play? No "real" TE target like he had in Coates? He has ALL these things at his disposal. Granted, I'd take Moulds/Evans over Johnson/Glen, but Witten, Jones and that OL gives him PLENTY to be successful with. Problem is, Drews' not very good and hasn't been for quite some time. He's a VERY old 33. after this failed stint, he'll be relegated to backup somewhere. Hey Drew, IT'S OVER!!!

I'm not sure if it showed, but I was pretty hard on Bledsoe prior to his leaving here. Seriously, though, I feel for the guy. It has got to be brutal on the ego to watch an unknown (at the time) lead your team to the Super Bowl - and win it - and then take your job. Then three seasons later you lose your job to ANOTHER unproven QB. On top of THAT, he's at risk for the same thing happening again in Dallas. So in all seriousness, I can see how his time in Buffalo created some psychological baggage for him.

"As far as making bad decisions, that's not true. Do I make some bad decisions? Yeah. You play this position, sometimes you're going to throw it to the wrong place. But as far as percentages, compared to anybody else that's playing, I don't make bad decisions. I'm a smart player who makes good decisions. That one's a little crazy."
:blink::blink::(:lol:

While I agree that the "shift in philosophy that didn't include helping out the quarterback" statement is a little silly (a good defense is a tremendous aid to any QB), Bledsoe isn't really saying anything all that unreasonable when you consider the source.  He truly thinks he can play, so of course he is going to feel he was a scapegoat.  It is part of believing in himslef.  You may disagree with his self-assesment, but don't slam the guy for not giving up on himself, just because you have....

286169[/snapback]

Buf....he is in DENIAL....

If talk is a parallel to performance, he should have a great year in Dallas.

286483[/snapback]

You know what? He has absolutely no excuse if he fails in Dallas. He has receivers, a very good TE, a very good Oline, what appears to be a pretty solid RB, and Parcells as coach. If he doesn't get it done there, he won't get it done anywhere or anymore.

I would just like to say before DB ever takes his first snap as a Cowboy....It's not his fault!!!!!! :blink:

286489[/snapback]

lol......this whole Bledsoe story line is going to be one of the big advantages to having the NFL Network......they love the Cowboys, so it'll be pretty much like following the Bills. I really don't care if he succeeds or fails.....I'll just be fascinated to see how he does lol

One thing that is kind of frustrating is that I've been in the league 12 years, [i'm] No. 10 all time in passing yardage, no one other than [brett] Favre and [Dan] Marino has gotten to 40,000 yards faster than I have, but it's like I'm just another guy.

Dear Drew:

The only statistic that truly matters in a team sport is WINS. You don't get that....and that's why you are no longer a Patriot or a Bill. All you wanted to do is chuck the ball deep.....you didn't adapt to blitzes or consistently look for more than one receiver. You will never change, and your results will be the same, Mr. Close but no cigar.

Dear Drew:

The only statistic that truly matters in a team sport is WINS. You don't get that....and that's why you are no longer a Patriot or a Bill. All you wanted to do is chuck the ball deep.....you didn't adapt to blitzes or consistently look for more than one receiver. You will never change, and your results will be the same, Mr. Close but no cigar.

286506[/snapback]

Very true......I don't remember if it was BF or someone else, but they posted his win/loss record against winning teams......it was very impressive (in an unfavorable way to Drew)

286169[/snapback]

Ummm. Mark Rippon got that, and you know what he beat us in the Super Bowl.

that's what happens when you speak in cliches for so long. i got tired of this "Classy" image everyone associates with Drew (and allot of other athletes) with.

Really how classy is he? no one really knows. The guy spoke like a well oiled robot. Always saying what his fans want him to say.You do that enough, you end up talking in circles and really not saying anything. Then you go ahead and contradict yourself and you don't even realize it. my $0.02