Would you rather be the 3-7 Bills or 3-7 Jags?

KingRex

I'd probably lean towards the freedom that Buffalo has now in terms of all the cap space and draft assets that they have. I'm not super confident that McBeane will use the assets correctly though. We very well may be two years away from being in the Jaguars position.

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

The Jags needs competent QB. They get that and they will be a force to recon with in the AFC. Add in a HC who isn’t god awful and you have a SB championship type team.  They have a great D, great RB, a couple good WR.. they just have sub par QB Play.

D isn't great anymore and since they're over the cap....they'll lose some good talent.  Campbell who just wrecks people at the line is 33 with a big cap hit.

They have to make up for Bortles dead money and still have to get under the cap.  They're going to be bad for a few years starting this year.

22 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

D isn't great anymore and since they're over the cap....they'll lose some good talent.  Campbell who just wrecks people at the line is 33 with a big cap hit.

They have to make up for Bortles dead money and still have to get under the cap.  They're going to be bad for a few years starting this year.

For next season, the only piece on defense that seems like they definitely will lose is Dareus. They'll cut him. The rest of the cap shavings will likely come on offense if I had to guess. Bortles, Carlos Hyde, and Sefarian-Jenkins all appear to be locks to be released at this point.

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

For next season, the only piece on defense that seems like they definitely will lose is Dareus. They'll cut him. The rest of the cap shavings will likely come on offense if I had to guess. Bortles, Carlos Hyde, and Sefarian-Jenkins all appear to be locks to be released at this point.

It's a $16.5 milllion dead cap hit on Bortles?  They'll need to make that up too?  I think that would mean another somewhat big name cut on defense.

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

They don’t “just have” bad qb play.  They gave up 24 points to our offense.  What does that mean?  Their D isn’t THAT good. Just because they beat the pats in week 2 doesn’t mean they’re an amazing D in 2018.  They’ve given up an average of over 26 pts a game during the 7 game losing streak and haven’t held one team under 20. That’s not a “great” defense.  They were last year.  They aren’t great this year.  Talking about each unit one year to the next you can be discussing two very different things.  Similar players but not the same players.  They miss Poz.  They miss Aaron Colvin.  They got beat in the AFCC.  They aren’t GREAT anymore.  They have the potential to be again.  But they are not.  And they don’t have much cap space. 

They have the talent on D.  You don’t go from top 3 to terrible with those players unless something happened internally. (See comment about coach being bad as well.)

10 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

They have the talent on D.  You don’t go from top 3 to terrible with those players unless something happened internally. (See comment about coach being bad as well.)

They lost their nickel back and Poz.  It’s not the same team.  Yes they’re talented, but sometimes the slightest Additions and subtractions make a big difference.  I think Myles jack just got ran over two weeks in a row on the goal line for game winning TDs.  Those backers aren’t THAT good.  They’re good, but I’d rather have our boys then theirs. 

And in some cases teams figure out how to attack a defense.  In some cases guys don’t have the same mentality the following year.  They got cocky.  They thought they were better than they actually are and slipped up.  It happens. 

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It's a $16.5 milllion dead cap hit on Bortles?  They'll need to make that up too?  I think that would mean another somewhat big name cut on defense.

They can make Bortles a post 6/1 cut and then it's "only" like $11 mil in dead cap for next season. Releasing those four gets Jacksonville to $11-12 million in cap space according to Spotrac. If they feel the need to clear more space, they could look at another defensive guy like Malik Jackson or Barry Church; they both rank among the worst in the league at their positions this year. Church would clear up over $6 mil and Jackson over $11 mil.

The Jags are going to regret the LF pick.  He isn’t that special of a back to spend that high of a pick on.

They can make Bortles a post 6/1 cut and then it's "only" like $11 mil in dead cap for next season. Releasing those four gets Jacksonville to $11-12 million in cap space according to Spotrac. If they feel the need to clear more space, they could look at another defensive guy like Malik Jackson or Barry Church; they both rank among the worst in the league at their positions this year. Church would clear up over $6 mil and Jackson over $11 mil.

Church is awful.

I'm thinking Jackson at $11 million.  I wouldn't think would want to hover at the zero range.

On 11/25/2018 at 10:44 AM, KingRex said:

Not only are things not perfect in Bills land, but the situation is not even good right now.  However, the great irony is that not only are a Bills team that made the playoffs last year in a clear rebuilding mode, but also even stranger, a team which went so deep in the NFL playoffs last year looks even worse.

For me it harkens back to a comment a Dallas Cowboy made when he was asked by the press in a pre-Super Bowl media scrum. whether the upcoming SB was the most important day of his life.

He replied, "If the game is so important, why do they play it again next year? (Was it Duane Thomas or Hollywood Henderson?).

At any rate, the worst to first possibilities do make the NFL interesting (in an adrenaline kind of way) but I must admit I miss the good old days when "the process" demanded a few years to make it work (and conversely a few years of correctable bad moves or unlucky injuries to see it fall apart.

Sorry if already mentioned, but also I have brought it up in a number of threads that the jags are 12.5 million over the cap next year.

I'll take our 80+ million under the cap every time.

Additionally, they are the Anti-Process, as well as Team Dis-Unity and Team Un-Resilient.

Give me the Bills. 

EDIT:  Jeepers-Creepers I can't believe I forgot...throw Marrone in there as a reason, too.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

On 11/25/2018 at 11:20 AM, BringBackOrton said:

Jags times one billion.  They have so much more talent than the Bills, it's outrageous.

How could they look worse at the same record?  How many 50 point losses do they have?

Allen's window isn't open yet.

Someone tell me why the Jags can't draft Justin Herbert in the top 10 this year, have an open QB competition, and be able to run the ball all year with a healthy Fournette?

Care to revise this?

4 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

I love the Bills. Imagine being this mad AND wrong.

Clearly you love the bills, starting a caremad thread about how Jax is going to kill the bills then following up after the game with the scalding hot take of “Jax is still better”  you need to either elevate your trolling game substantially or stay away from your mom’s computer

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Clearly you love the bills, starting a caremad thread about how Jax is going to kill the bills then following up after the game with the scalding hot take of “Jax is still better”  you need to either elevate your trolling game substantially or stay away from your mom’s computer

Imagine thinking I started any of these threads. Incredible. To be this mad AND EVEN WRONGER. You are truly rising to new heights. We the people demand more.

Edited by BringBackOrton

1 hour ago, BringBackOrton said:

Imagine thinking I started any of these threads. Incredible. To be this mad AND EVEN WRONGER. You are truly rising to new heights. We the people demand more.

What people? You and the rest of the closeted jags fans?  Sorry bro, you’re an army of one, but by all means keep kicking yourself in the balls, I’ll admit there is some entertainment value in that for the rest of us