good for the Bills!!

I see that on the front page of tbd, there's an article about how the league got 31 of 32 votes for the 2010 superbowl to be played at the jets new stadium, with the bills being the only no vote. Glad to see that the wny team has some stones to stand up to big new york. Maybe it will rub off on some of their representatives in albany!

I see that on the front page of tbd, there's an article about how the league got 31 of 32 votes for the 2010 superbowl to be played at the jets new stadium, with the bills being the only no vote.  Glad to see that the wny team has some stones to stand up to big new york.  Maybe it will rub off on some of their representatives in albany!

285615[/snapback]

I'm glad the Bills voted this down, too. Isn't this contingent on the Jets getting the west side stadium....which hasn't even been approved yet?

Pataki should spend the money on...oh, maybe....education or police. Something worthwhile, at least. The Jets don't NEED a new stadium and if this is what it takes to get the Olympics to NYC in 2012, then I'd vote it down. I'm getting tired of seeing sports venues built with taxpayer money, when probably 75% of the taxpayers don't care about it.

Ralph continues to be a great man in this selfish era of sports.

The news here today is bursting with stories saying the only way NY will ever get a Super Bowl is by building the West Side Stadium, which we all know is 100% BS. As long as they build a domed stadium ANYWHERE in NYC, the Super Bowl will come here. Shows the greed of the owners and the bias of the media.

Even Chuck Schummer (who I can't stand) said on the news this morning that the Super Bowl will come here regardless of the West Side Stadium...but the media won't print it that way.

Dome stadiums are for p-ssies.

285784[/snapback]

IMO, there should never be another Dome stadium ever constructed in the USA, now that retractable roof technology is standard. If you want to put a roof on it, it has to be retractable. I bet Atlanta wishes they built the Georgia Dome with the ability to open it. That was stupid.