Dennis Green Is Interested In Henry

Mark VI

Reporter Allen Wilson covering the NFL meetings in Hawaii gave this report.

- Arizona Cardinals coach Dennis Green said Wednesday that the team still has interest in trading for digruntled Bills running back Travis Henry.

The Cardinals are offering left tackle L.J. Shelton, but the Bills apparently don't feel they are getting a fair exchange with the player-for-player deal. Green is intrigued by Henry's skills.

" I think he's tough as hell. " Green said. " He's got exceptional balance ,which allows a guy to get a lot of yardage. He's smart but powerful,compact,very difficult to tackle. I think he's a good player " -

Trading for Shaun Alexander or drafting a RB in Round 1 are mentioned as other, but far more expensive, options.

Sounds like some final haggling is going on before the trade is made. Not etched in stone but it's nice to hear this coming straight from Green. He does like Henry.

TD drives a hard bargain. I think he is holding out for swapping second round picks and thats the deal that eventually goes down. LJ Shelton and David Baas for our oline- thats my guess what goes down

I think he is holding out for swapping second round picks and thats the deal that eventually goes down.

285550[/snapback]

The 2nd round pick swap this year or a conditional pick in 2006, based on performance. Low 2nd day pick if he bombs or a 3rd if he gets 1200 + yards...something of that nature.

Baas would be fantastic in Round 2 but as R.Rich and other have shown, this is a good draft for Guards and Centers. Lots of quality in Rounds 2 and 3. Huge, talented players who could actually step in and start immediately, as per the scouting reports.

The 2nd round pick swap this year or a conditional pick in 2006, based on performance. Low 2nd day pick if he bombs or a 3rd if he gets 1200 + yards...something of that nature.

Baas would be fantastic in Round 2 but as R.Rich and other have shown, this is a good draft for Guards and Centers. Lots of quality in Rounds 2 and 3. Huge, talented players who could actually step in and start immediately, as per the scouting reports.

285551[/snapback]

While it is good for G and C---How many can play both without dropoff? Baas is it IMO.

If the Bills are interested in a particular player with AZ's 2nd round pick, doesn't it make sense to wait in order to see if that player is still available with that pick?

I see this trade going down on draft day, if at all.

Minotaur

While it is good for G and C---How many can play both without dropoff?

285553[/snapback]

Play both positions at the same time ? :huh:

I know all about Baas but some believe there is some huge dropoff after him. That's not true. There are 4-5 guys which we could pick in either Round 2 or 3 who could start on the OL right away. The quality is there. Baas may be the best of the bunch, but not the one and only option.

SOmething i would love to see in this draft is our top prospects to sign 6-7yr deals. None of these 4 and 5yr deals. WOuldn't you have loved to have Jonas under contract for another couple years? New England makes all of their players sign six year deals. Wish we'd do the same.

Another reason why I didn't want Green.  Henry is smart?  Huh???  :huh:

CW

285599[/snapback]

:lol: Exactly. We replaced him because he was a stupid one dimensional RB. Maybe, because the statement is blatently wrong, this is Green's sarcastic code for, "TD, you are full of poop if you think Henry is worth more than Henry."

I knew it. Dennis Green has always been hot on stupid, rapist, one dimensional terrible players who can't block, can't think, can't run fast, can't catch, can't stand up straight, can't remember plays, can't balance a check book and shouldn't even be allowed in the NFL. TH is another in a long line totally worthless players that Dennis Green likes.

TD drives a hard bargain.  I think he is holding out for swapping second round picks and thats the deal that eventually goes down.  LJ Shelton and David Baas for our oline- thats my guess what goes down

285550[/snapback]

I just hope that TD isn't being too smart for his own good. Aside from the objective measure of the two players, he should be considering two big factors. One, Travis doesn't want to be here and will be a negative force on the team if he is not traded (not to mention the fact that he isn't a starter). And two, the Bills need the OL help very badly. Think about the opportunity cost of NOT making this deal. The fact is Shelton can help this team more than Travis can.

If TD can drive a harder bargin, that would be great. But there don't seem to be many teams interested in Travis, so I just hope he doesn't blow it by not getting the trade done at all. If the Cards go out and sign some other back, what are the other options for trading Travis?

If the Cards go out and sign some other back, what are the other options for trading Travis?

I'm sure Buffalo could trade up in the draft with Henry.

"Hey, we'll give you Henry and our 7th rounder for your 2nd rounder" type of deal.

That said, I think we'll be trading with Arizona in the next week or so.

CW

How about this complicated trade?

Travis, the Bills' 2nd rounder, the Bills 5th rounder

for

LJ, the Cards 2nd rounder, the Cards' 6th rounder

285692[/snapback]

Sounds good to me!

Sheesh, these are the Cards we are dealing with...cant we just trick them into thinking that the LOWER the draft choice, the BETTER it is?

"We'll take your crummy 2nd rounder for this shiny and new 7th rounder"

I'm sure Buffalo could trade up in the draft with Henry.

"Hey, we'll give you Henry and our 7th rounder for your 2nd rounder" type of deal.

That said, I think we'll be trading with Arizona in the next week or so.

CW

285691[/snapback]

I hope so Fezmid. It needs to happen. It sounds like it finally will. It seems like you are also concerned as I am about losing JJ and putting in a rookie at center or LT. It's not very often you get a rookie that is able to play at his optimum level that he will reach in 2 or 3 years. The one guy that comes to mind is Ruben Brown's rookie year but he played guard and he also played with a bunch of Hofers around him and the threat of Jim Kelly screaming at him if he failed. The other guy was Tony Boselli

Reporter Allen Wilson covering the NFL meetings in Hawaii gave this report.

- Arizona Cardinals coach Dennis Green said Wednesday that the team still has interest in trading for digruntled Bills running back Travis Henry.

The Cardinals are offering left tackle L.J. Shelton, but the Bills apparently don't feel they are getting a fair exchange with the player-for-player deal. Green is intrigued by Henry's skills.

" I think he's tough as hell. " Green said. " He's got exceptional balance ,which allows a guy to get a lot of yardage. He's smart but powerful,compact,very difficult to tackle. I think he's a good player "  -

Trading for Shaun Alexander or drafting a RB in Round 1 are mentioned as other, but far more expensive, options.

Sounds like some final haggling is going on before the trade is made. Not etched in stone but it's nice to hear this coming straight from Green. He does like Henry.

285548[/snapback]

Good post.

Travis Henry is a good back. He probably doesn't get enough respecy around the league for being a 1400 yard 13TD back

When was the last time an Arizoina Cardinal rush for over 1100 yards yet alone 1400