what's stronger?

I've got gout also, I once had a doctor in in different city where I am now, who said gout is not caused by alcohol (the doctor had gout too, so I took that with a grain of salt). My father, his brothers and my grandfather all have/had gout. But I do like my beer, so i think that definetly has something to do with it.  :angry:

I had menningitis once, about 10-15 years ago. the doctor gave me percocet. A six pack and a percocet - hoo boy - that was the ticket. 0:)

287744[/snapback]

The diet aspect to gout is also true. Anything high in a class of nitrogen compounds called purines is contributory - meats etc. Thay's why gout used to be called the "Rich Man's Disease".

When I'm under attack, a cheap hamburger will send me through the wall. You can search the net for foodstuffs to avoid when problems arise. It's not an unpalatable bunch of choices you are left with, by the way.

just had arthroscopic knee surgery (second time in 14 years)

they gave me percocet and it ain't doing anything for me, but killing my gut. i'm no strangerto vicodin, but isn't percocet supposed to be stronger?

285429[/snapback]

percocet and vicodin seem to work differently for different poeple.

Tell your Dr. and he'll probably give you a script for vicodin.

personally I prefer demerol :angry:

percocet and vicodin seem to work differently for different poeple.

Tell your Dr. and he'll probably give you  a script for vicodin.

personally I prefer demerol  :angry:

287885[/snapback]

i did get him to change it to vicodin, only because it has helped me in the past. the pain is almost all gone anyway, so now I have a supply of each that should last me quite a while.

thanks guys!

I say you just go in your garage....take out your gasoline containers...open them up...and inhale deeply 2-3x....it may knock you on your arse...or worse...but you won't feel any pain and it will save you a few bucks! :angry:

Correct, except hydrocodone and oxycodone are equianalgesics.  Both have equivalencies of 30mg equivalent to 10 mg IV morphine sulphate.   Both are highly addictive. I would suggest  the patch also, but you would have to start at the lowest dose (25mcg/hr) or you will likely experience nausea and sedation.  Good luck.     :angry:

287732[/snapback]

Hey Doc.....

That's interesting about the equivalency factor.....does that take into account the difference in bioavailability between the PO and IV routes? I've taken 30mg of Lortab once or twice but I think I'd be much more apprehensive with 10mg IV of the morphine. This is just based on my personal experience with my patients and the doses I've administered, nothing more.