Occasi-Cortez Channeling the Rent's too damn high guy

bdutton

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The GOP put no money into the race and it was still closer than anyone expected. This is a poor analysis. 

The GOP will dump millions into her district to attempt to unseat her in 2020. She'll have to actually campaign this time.

...and you think that what she's done since winning has, in any way...decreased her chances for reelection?

It's been 26 years since the district voted Republican. I am going to take a wild guess that you haven't been to Astoria lately. I've been there, and people there have set up ICE warnings through social media. There's a reason why it kicked out an establishment Centrist. It's young, urban, and diverse, pretty much the anti-current Republican party (old, bum***** nowhere, old white men who like to yell at people of color on TV).

I mean, miracles happen. But man...

You talk about Trump living in liberal's heads rent free? ACO is your version of that.

Just now, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

...and you think that what she's done since winning has, in any way...decreased her chances for reelection?

It's been 26 years since the district voted Republican. I am going to take a wild guess that you haven't been to Astoria lately. I've been there, and people there have set up ICE warnings through social media. There's a reason why it kicked out an establishment Centrist. It's young, urban, and diverse, pretty much the anti-current Republican party (old, bum***** nowhere, old white men who like to yell at people of color on TV).

I mean, miracles happen. But man...

You talk about Trump living in liberal's heads rent free? ACO is your version of that.

Wrong. Show me where I've said anything about her other than she won a non-contested election. 

She'll have to run for real next time. 

(And that means making compromises - like she did with Pelosi - that her progressive base will loathe)

13 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The GOP put no money into the race and it was still closer than anyone expected. This is a poor analysis. 

The GOP will dump millions into her district to attempt to unseat her in 2020. She'll have to actually campaign this time.

Depending on how she votes it would not shock me if the Democrats dumped millions in to primary her.

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

Depending on how she votes it would not shock me if the Democrats dumped millions in to primary her.

They absolutely will. 

And with that money comes promises... promises that don't align with her platform. She'll have to compromise (gasp - GOVERN) and the prog-fascists will be very upset when she does so.

She's in way over her head. Not a good idea to piss off Nasty Pelosi on your first day. She better be watching over her shoulder. You know how Democrats end up with a double tap suicide in the back of the head.

She's not called nasty pelosi for no reason.

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

You might not like her politics, or think she's naïve, but man, she has a sense of humor.

I will also second the "I would rather see her dancing than Maxine Waters or Nancy Pelosi"

thats a knee slapper alright.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Foxx
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Right...I'm talking to the group where " I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.  Grab ’em by the *****. You can do anything" is the preferred joke and not horribly rape-y.

ummm... okay. you do realize that probably the only other Reps that take her seriously are the other SJW's elected this year, right?

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

In the end, she's just another predictable leftist who believes giving 70% of what you earn to the federal government is your "fair share."

It's a good thing she's cute, cuz she's dumber than bricks.

I didn't watch this when it originally aired, so I wasn't aware that she was referring to the "tippy top" of income when she spoke of taxation, like the ten millionth dollar and stuff. 

This is a game changer. We need to get serious with this taxy waxy program shes talking about. She's  #4ReelZ. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

27 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

In the end, she's just another predictable leftist who believes giving 70% of what you earn to the federal government is your "fair share."

I wonder if she includes herself in the bracket that should pay 70%, or if the definition of "rich" who must pay their "fair share" starts just above her congressional salary.

43 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

I just want someone like her, for once, to explain what a "fair share" is.  Forget "right" or "wrong," just explain your definition of "fair."  That's all.  Just explain to me, Sandy (yes, that's her nickname), what your own "fair share" of taxes is, and why it's fair.

• Like (+1) 3

Her 70% idea is to fund her "green deal," which is all fossil gone and no carbon emissions in 12 years.

We can use all of our airports as wind farms and solar fields, since there sure isn't going to be any air transport industry.

2 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

we are so *****.