Occasi-Cortez Channeling the Rent's too damn high guy

bdutton

36 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Raising the federal minimum wage, single payer health care, restoring some provisions of Glass-Steaggle, paid family leave, federal legalization of weed, abolishing for profit prisons, and campaign finance reform aren't exactly radical ideas. 

Free college, universal jobs guarantee, right to housing on the other hand.....yikes.

Commie health care is absolutely a radical idea in a capitalist country.

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

You pry have no problem with people working their ass off to get decent paying state jobs with public unions negotiating top notch health care benefits for their employees then.

Working their ass off?  What public employees are these you speak of?  :lol:

30 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

To get the jobs.  Not Keep the jobs. :) 

That's the issue. Obtaining a state job allows a sense of security that should never be. There are those of us who believe in merit, not just to get the job but to keep it. At some point in time those of us who have to keep working to bring home the bacon will decide enough is enough and not give a damn about insuring the pensions of the state workers. It'll start in California and then move to Illinois and New York. The state has over played its hand and sometime in the next decade or so theshit will hit the fan. I can't wait.

4 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

That's the issue. Obtaining a state job allows a sense of security that should never be. There are those of us who believe in merit, not just to get the job but to keep it. At some point in time those of us who have to keep working to bring home the bacon will decide enough is enough and not give a damn about insuring the pensions of the state workers. It'll start in California and then move to Illinois and New York. The state has over played its hand and sometime in the next decade or so theshit will hit the fan. I can't wait.

It depends what job you get.  I've found for the most part the teachers that get tenured continue to work just as hard after.  It's just the way you're wired.  My father worked his way up from a plant utility engineer at a prison to plant superintendent over 35 years working a lot of overtime to increase his pension.  I knew at 16 to get into the NYS pension system and I always intended to get a state job and got my Masters and CAS with the intent of working for the public school system as a school psychologist.  I worked a full time job as a night shift custodian at a school for seven years to pay my way through college in order to obtain it.

My question to those who complain about the benefits and security that come with state jobs is why didn't you get one then?   

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

It depends what job you get.  I've found for the most part the teachers that get tenured continue to work just as hard after.  It's just the way you're wired.  My father worked his way up from a plant utility engineer at a prison to plant superintendent over 35 years working a lot of overtime to increase his pension.  I knew at 16 to get into the NYS pension system and I always intended to get a state job and got my Masters and CAS with the intent of working for the public school system as a school psychologist.  I worked a full time job as a night shift custodian at a school for seven years to pay my way through college in order to obtain it.

My question to those who complain about the benefits and security that come with state jobs is why didn't you get one then?   

Because it's unethical and predatory.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Those pensions have no sustainability and bleed the life out of the average citizen.

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Some people like being productive members of society.

Some like State pensions.

6 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

Some people like being productive members of society.

Some like State pensions.

Pensions funded by taxpayers need to go away.  The majority of people contributing to the pensions of government workers can't fund their own retirements very well but are required to fund those of government workers.  It's economic slavery. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/26/2018 at 6:46 PM, Boyst62 said:

I mean, when youve got nothing else to do post fake memes.  Well done NPC.

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

6921ac640de01e33d591ffbf045b863f1a4d3667.......................a83a552ba7c072ad69a15db96beda938bd762450

e95cec7cd4662ce526101b1130f21a00ed303ceb

So.................much.....................fear.....................LOL

Hmm...

The white males don't seem organized. 

Edited by Paulus