College Basketball 2018-19

Augie

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

I dunno..living in Richmond and hearing about the Un-I -Versity from areholes who think it is a birthright...i think you dead on. Next time I hear a hear sentence"start  Mr. Jefferson thought XXXX" I may just lose it.

PBR is for douche bag hipster,s i am way cooler and drink Genny Cream ale for $7.99 a 15 pack!!!!

I do enjoy a cheap date, as long as you DON’T plan on putting out! 

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

I meant UVA people in general.....and yes I know that Duke are the kings of pretentious a-holes.

Your post read as if it was directed at UVA basketball, and again, it is a program I am very familiar with.

They don't get the five stars.

They get kids who are very disciplined, very serious academically, and very good.

Tony Bennett  is all about  what is good in collegiate sports.

Root for either team you want tonight, but Virginia is a tremendous program that competes against other ACC teams who have unique advantages.

So proud, and so hopeful.

Go Hoos.

1 hour ago, Augie said:

PBR? I hear that’s hip now, and Plenz is one of those young guys. 

Who knew one of the crappy beers my Dad drank when we were kids would turn hip just by using initials in their ads and packaging!!

Maybe Schaefer should rebrand as SCB and make a comeback.

3 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Who knew one of the crappy beers my Dad drank when we were kids would turn hip just by using initials in their ads and packaging!!

They went to PBR because they couldn’t afford all those extra letters. Keeps the cost down.....

33 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Schaefer

is the 

One beer to have

When you’re havin’ 

More than one. 

Edited by K-9

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m setting the DVR to make sure it captures One Shining Moment 

You want to watch that alone in a private moment where no one will see you shed that tear?  

22 minutes ago, Augie said:

You want to watch that alone in a private moment where no one will see you shed that tear?  

Luther Vandross is the goat

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

The under is still looking good. They will get things flowing eventually. 

Do they still cut down the nets if they havent been used?

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

Your post read as if it was directed at UVA basketball, and again, it is a program I am very familiar with.

They get kids who are very disciplined, very serious academically, and very good.

Root for either team you want tonight, but Virginia is a tremendous program that competes against other ACC teams who have unique advantages.

Go Hoos.

Nothing against you Sherpa, but this is the kind of stuff that makes non alums not like UVA so much. It’s the “ we do things the right way” and “ we show such courage” as if they are somehow above recruiting athletes. 

I cant speak to the basketball and football program, but I damn well can tot he men’s lacrosse and both swim teams. They ain’t exactly recruiting all 1400 SAT athletes if ya know what I mean. 

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Luther Vandross is the goat

Do they still cut down the nets if they havent been used?

They should all kiss the rim for the beating it took! 

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

Go Hoos.

Virginia gets there share of top 100 recruits and high major players

Kyle Guy was a few players in the country away from being a 5*

35 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Nothing against you Sherpa, but this is the kind of stuff that makes non alums not like UVA so much. It’s the “ we do things the right way” and “ we show such courage” as if they are somehow above recruiting athletes. 

I cant speak to the basketball and football program, but I damn well can tot he men’s lacrosse and both swim teams. They ain’t exactly recruiting all 1400 SAT athletes if ya know what I mean. 

Yeah it’s pretty ridiculous.  There’s way too much “our schitt doesn’t stink” coming out of Charlottesville.  I’d say one of their problems with recruiting is that they have a head coach who doesn’t like offense.

17 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Extremely minimal share.  It's about the coach and his very selective recruiting.

Kyle Guy, Ty Jerome, Braxton Key, Deandre Hunter and Jayden Nixon all top 100 recruits 

bringing in 2 more in this next class as well... he gets very good kids