College Basketball 2018-19

Augie

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

All year

We beat them by 20! But they have really grown as a team. Very impressive. I'm now convinced Texas Tech is the best team in the tournament. Duke is obviously the most talented, but I'm seeing Tech as the Champ.

30 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Gonzaga, please try to play a real team next year before the Elite Eight.

you don’t come to early tournies, you have a cupcake conference and you got beaten throughly in its tourney 

you are gifted two cupcakes to start March Madness

either play somebody or have the NCAA put you at #6 at best because you never play good teams

They did play the 8th hardest ooc schedule in the country and beat Duke. They destroyed a very hot Fl St team in the 16, but I also would not like to see them gifted a 1 seed coming from such a weak conference. There is no denying they are perennially a very good team though.

4 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

We beat them by 20! But they have really grown as a team. Very impressive. I'm now convinced Texas Tech is the best team in the tournament. Duke is obviously the most talented, but I'm seeing Tech as the Champ.

That was super early in the season. Big 10 never really shapes into its reality until February. I thought Purdue was the best Big 10 team I watched all year. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

On 2/13/2019 at 3:19 PM, row_33 said:

Virginia?  Oh yes, they have set quite the standard for overrated.

Depends on the tourney itself, they love to give mid-majors who played 1 top 40 team all year the high seeds, sets up for better "upsets" in the first round. Gonzaga sailed to the final a few years ago not playing ANYBODY from November to the final itself. While on the other side of the bracket it seemed like North Carolina vs Kentucky type-games were played several times to make it more of a mockery.

You need some eyeglasses if you can't tell the ball was more than half above the cylinder on the replays from that angle.

Your credibility is disappearing carrying into the second paragraph....

Overrated!

Wahoo-WA

15 hours ago, eball said:

What a game. That Purdue kid is sick. Incredible finish in regulation for UVA. And the kicker? With those last two FTs they covered the spread. 

What a heartbreaker for Purdue.....I liked the foul decision, but they kinda lost their defensive heads on the long rebound and left that guy wide open for the tying jumper.   

8 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Edwards would have been fun to watch in the Final Four, but the useless 7’ dork for Purdue would have made me turn the game off. 

How are you that tall, but can’t rebound at all?

I’m glad Virginia won. 

Purdue always seems to have a guy like that (is Isaac Haas last year)

2 hours ago, Augie said:

Calipari vs Bruce Pearl? I can’t root for either side to win! 

I used to really dislike Calipari and thought he was a snake, now I only think he's a snake. I've accepted the fact that most big time coaches in successful programs are pretty much snakes. You got to do whatever you can to keep up with the Jonses.

2 hours ago, KD in CA said:

What a heartbreaker for Purdue.....I liked the foul decision, but they kinda lost their defensive heads on the long rebound and left that guy wide open for the tying jumper.   

They got caught in a bad situation.

When Diakite had that long tap back, and Clark ran it down, they needed to guard Virginia's top two shooters, Guy and Ty Gerome.

Both were calling for the ball, but Jerome was in pretty good position, so Carsen Edwards ran at him, leaving Diakite open.  

A perfect pass.

17 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I used to really dislike Calipari and thought he was a snake, now I only think he's a snake. I've accepted the fact that most big time coaches in successful programs are pretty much snakes. You got to do whatever you can to keep up with the Jonses.

Well Pearl won that battle in the snake pit today. I hate that assistants face jail time while the top dogs collect million$.