OT - FSNE says Urlacher to Pats

Pitta

It's close to being done... thats what Fox Sports New England is reporting... They said...

1. Urlacher wants out of Chicago.

2. The Bears want him to re-structure his contract, he wants out.

3. The Pats are rumored to trade their first rounder and MAYBE a late (6-7th) round pick.

4. He'll restructer if the Pats trade for him.

I actually made a joke about this to my friends...we secretly told Urlacher that if he came to NE he would be able to get a ring quick and easy all he had to do was demand a trade.

I have no source but these guys say so too: http://boards.ign.com/Football/b5105/82534929/?6

and

http://www.kffl.com/forums/showthre...threadid=118303

The rich get richer if that is indeed the case.

And the Bears would have to be clinically retarded if they gave up Urlacher for just a 1st and then a late rounder.  They could easily get a 1st and 3rd for him.

285002[/snapback]

I almost felt bad for the Pats with the whole Bruschi thing...really a tough break for, IMHO, their best player. Why don't we send Henry to the Bears for them NOT to trade Urlacher to the Pats.

Why don't we send Henry to the Bears for them NOT to trade Urlacher to the Pats.

285041[/snapback]

Now THAT is funny

Doubtful it happens for the last pick of the 1st round and a 6th or 7th rounder.  I'll believe it when I see it.  And if that DOES happen, I hope Bears fans string Jerry Angelo up because he's obviously been screwing his own team over to help out the Pats these past 3 years.

285101[/snapback]

Wouldn't it be funny to find some secret papers describing how the Patriots were giving money to the Bears in exchange for good players...? :blink:

Talk about a scandal. :blink:

CW

Wouldn't it be funny to find some secret papers describing how the Patriots were giving money to the Bears in exchange for good players...? :blink:

Talk about a scandal. :blink:

To go along with the favorable officiating? Now THAT would be a shocker!

Actually Angelo has been a butt buddy of Belichick's for years. If this goes through, he'll officially be considered on the payroll of the Pats. Idiot. I can't believe he's lasted this long there.

some say the NFL needs a farm system, like baseball and hockey?  i think it already exists.  the bears are apparently the pats' AAA affiliates.

:blink:

285113[/snapback]

Living here in Chicago this is the first I have heard of this rumor! I'm afraid to call in to the talk shows and bring this topic up :blink:

Am I the only one who thinks Urlacher is a little overrated?

285130[/snapback]

I forget who, but some national reporter publicly said that about him, too......so not just you. Personally, I haven't seen enough of the guy to have an educated opinion.

I forget who, but some national reporter publicly said that about him, too......so not just you. Personally, I haven't seen enough of the guy to have an educated opinion.

285133[/snapback]

I have seen lots of him...my best friend is a Bears fan, so when we hang out at the bar on Sundays, I keep my second eye on the Bears...believe me, I am not saying he is bad, but hardly the franchise linebacker that he is made out to be...besides being injured a lot, he is weak in the passing game. Personally, if Fletcher could cool his jets a little more, I think he is better than Urlacher. Just my opinion...sometimes I think teams with long traditions, like the Bears and Packers, annoint and hype guys up as being the "next Dick Butkus" or whoever...the comparisons are rarely accurate, but they elevate a players stature around the leauge...I think Urlacher falls into that category...it would still be a nice pickup for the Pats!

I have seen lots of him...my best friend is a Bears fan, so when we hang out at the bar on Sundays, I keep my second eye on the Bears...believe me, I am not saying he is bad, but hardly the franchise linebacker that he is made out to be...besides being injured a lot, he is weak in the passing game.  Personally, if Fletcher could cool his jets a little more, I think he is better than Urlacher.  Just my opinion...sometimes I think teams with long traditions, like the Bears and Packers, annoint and hype guys up as being the "next Dick Butkus" or whoever...the comparisons are rarely accurate, but they elevate a players stature around the leauge...I think Urlacher falls into that category...it would still be a nice pickup for the Pats!

285139[/snapback]

The guy definitely looks like a throwback to Butkus......but I think you're right, there are some who think he may be somewhat overrated. I'm sure friggin Belichick will find some way to make him more of a menace than he already is.

The guy definitely looks like a throwback to Butkus......but I think you're right, there are some who think he may be somewhat overrated. I'm sure friggin Belichick will find some way to make him more of a menace than he already is.

285141[/snapback]

Butkus Or Butkiss noway does this boy hit like Butkus..NOWAY even close

Butkus Or Butkiss noway does this boy hit like Butkus..NOWAY even close

285159[/snapback]

I said he LOOKS like a throwback....as in how he LOOKS.....not how he plays.