2005 NFL Draft - Top Rated Centers

Mark VI

I still think Spencer will be our pick if we stay where we are at......

284891[/snapback]

I agree...this guy would be starting for us in 2006 for sure if we drafted him this year.

I also want to see the Bills go O-Line in the 3rd round too...even if we do manage to get Shelton.

I agree...this guy would be starting for us in 2006 for sure if we drafted him this year.

I also want to see the Bills go O-Line in the 3rd round too...even if we do manage to get Shelton.

284897[/snapback]

Agreed. Center-Guard or Guard-Center in Rounds 2 and 3.

Worry about signing Clements during the upcoming year. If not, our #1 pick is obvious in 2006. But this year, go for the OL.

Spencer, Brown, Wilkerson, Carter. Those look to be the best 4. Carter is a great college player who may be a tad small for the NFL but will hit the weight room for another 10 lbs. The 3 above him are naturally bigger and stronger. Wilkerson may be attractive to TD because he had a past knee injury. Seems to have a fetish for those players. :blink:

Spencer, Brown, Wilkerson, Carter. Those look to be the best 4. Carter is a great college player who may be a tad small for the NFL but will hit the weight room for another 10 lbs. The 3 above him are naturally bigger and stronger. Wilkerson may be attractive to TD because he had a past knee injury. Seems to have a fetish for those players.  :blink:

284947[/snapback]

Here's how I had the centers rated as of the end of February:

Chris Spencer of Mississippi

Jason Brown of North Carolina

Ben Wilkerson of LSU (he'd be first were it not for the injuries)

Scott Mruczkowski of Bowling Green

Vince Carter of Oklahoma

Junius Coston of North Carolina A&T

Dylan Gandy of Texas Tech

Richie Incognito of Nebraska

Geoff Hangartner of Texas A&M

Jeb Paulsen of North Carolina State

I would add that Rob Hunt of North Dakota State is rapidly moving up the charts and could bump one of these guys outta there.

'Unfortunately, highly regarded Ben Wilkerson (Louisiana State) suffered a significant knee injury midway through the 2004 season, but he still should represent solid value on the second day of the draft.'

Yup...that sounds like a TD pick to me.