2005 NFL Draft - 10 Top Rated Guards

Mark VI

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/storypage...egory=cardinals

Just in case the Bills decide to take a pass on Bennie Anderson and other FA's, lets look at some draft possibilities. Ratings are always subjective.

Quality in Round #2 ? Seems to be Plenty !  While Brown and Bass may be off the board, the rest look to be in play for our pick.

284587[/snapback]

I've been watching Kemoeatu for the past season and I think he'll be a good guard in the NFL. The summary mentions how he won't go downfield to block. That's not true. I have seen him do it on a few occasions, and have the tapes to prove it. He's not a great pulling guard in the mold of Alan Faneca, but he does do well in limited space. If we're going to have a power running game and do more drive blocking up front, I would love to see the Bills draft him.

:P

Chris Kemoeatu of Utah

284602[/snapback]

"was suspended for kicking another player in the face. He is so mean that he will have to learn to control his temper better."

I love it, and he'd be a steal in the third.

Yep. I was hoping he'd come out of school early after last year (I even had him as a potential draft choice in my earlier offseason scenarios), especially after the bowl win, but he was smart to stay in school and work on refining his technique and also helped Utah to an undefeated season.

Move into position to get David Baas  :P

284597[/snapback]

Part of the Cardinals/Shelton trade gossip was switching picks in Round #2. That would only move us up 11 spots ( 55 to 44th overall ). Maybe TD has his eye on one of the top 2-3 Guards and figures that could only help.

Part of the Cardinals/Shelton trade gossip was switching picks in Round #2. That would only move us up 11 spots ( 55 to 44th overall ).  Maybe TD has his eye on one of the top 2-3 Guards and figures that could only help.

284664[/snapback]

We can hope. That would be great to end up w/Baas in the 2nd round.

We can hope.  That would be great to end up w/Baas in the 2nd round.

284672[/snapback]

Baas or Kemoeatu in Round 2. If not, then Terrell in Round 3.

They seem like the most ready to start right away. All are powerful run blockers.