For the Metal Heads - new Slipknot today!

Reed83HOF

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

This is one of the few bands, which I've been exposed to via my son, that I actually like.  This is a cool song.

It is really good. From a musical perspective the band is really good (they can all play their instruments and the arrangements are usually really good); it also helps that Corey Taylor is an excellent singer. What is also nice is that the wife likes Stone Sour, so I am able to sell going to Slipknot concerts with her pretty easily.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Weak, riffs were non existent, and guitars tuned up, could only make it half way through.

Can you explain what you mean by "guitars tuned up?"  I thought this was in drop B.

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

I am curious if this is a final mix or not

Hopefully the other songs are better , but this song has nothing going for it. Disappointed actually as their past two were solid.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Can you explain what you mean by "guitars tuned up?"  I thought this was in drop B.

Tuned down is when they sound deeper , more base, considered heavier. So the opposite.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Hopefully the other songs are better , but this song has nothing going for it. Disappointed actually as their past two were solid.

I would say the last 3 are solid. I know the band said they hated how "All Hope is Gone" was made, but the production on that album was great IMO. 

12 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Tuned down is when they sound deeper , more base, considered heavier. So the opposite.

Most of Slipknot's music is in drop B, though.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

whatever they did it doesn't have the same depth of sound.

I only listened to it over laptop speakers, so it was hard for me to tell.  I did like the song, though.  I'd like to hear it on better speakers.

16 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I only listened to it over laptop speakers, so it was hard for me to tell.  I did like the song, though.  I'd like to hear it on better speakers.

Wasn't working for me, has to have the heavy riffs for me , like this:

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian