Week 9: Bears Game Preparation - Inactives Announced with Wyatt Teller In; Mack and Robinson Out for CHI

2018 NFL Standings & Team Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Bears at Bills

Everyone piles on Nathan Peterman and Buffalo’s quarterback situation, but this team’s biggest problem is the O-line’s lack of athleticism. A plodding front five limits what coordinator Brian Daboll can do with the ground game that his offense—because of its youthful passing game weapons—must be built around. Even if an ankle injury again keeps Khalil Mack out, Chicago is not a D-line you want to combat with iffy athletes. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

man what is it with murphy? he can really do some damage for us when he's out there? can't he put 2 games in a row together? what a waste and a good reason to think bosa

if he's there. i'm thankful very much for j. phillips.  they will have to put lorax on the line and essentially play 5/2/4.  they should stunt him in around shaq against the rg.

they have to be in the backfield quick to throw trubisky off his timing. press the wrs at the line.

22 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

man what is it with murphy? he can really do some damage for us when he's out there? can't he put 2 games in a row together? what a waste and a good reason to think bosa

if he's there. i'm thankful very much for j. phillips.  they will have to put lorax on the line and essentially play 5/2/4.  they should stunt him in around shaq against the rg.

they have to be in the backfield quick to throw trubisky off his timing. press the wrs at the line.

Groin is a killer. Lingers all year, and that’s what’s happening with TM. Remember Bryce Paup ? He was never really the same after a groin injury back in ‘96. Fans who think the Bills should pass up pass rushing talent at the top of nextyears draft are kidding themselves. Murphy’s constantly injured , L Alexander is defying his age for the moment and Hughes isn’t getting any younger. The offensive issues are well known , but you always take the elite talent at the top of round one. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 Things to Watch in Bears-Bills Game

jtw9dzoxrno28gnyc3qg.jpg

The Bears will look to record their second straight win and remain in first place in the NFC North Sunday when they visit the Buffalo Bills. Here are four storylines to watch in the game:

(1) Will the Bears offense continue to roll against a tough Bills defense?

(2) Will the Bears defense excel against a struggling and injury-depleted Bills offense?

(3) Will the Bears focus on the task at hand and not look past the Bills?

(4) Will the Bears continue to get more from their running game?

NFL Week 9 odds, picks: Put your trust in the Bills defense, plus other best bets

Onto this week's picks.

Do you trust the Peter Man? The Peter Man has his own form of Fitzmagic. He can pull a pick six out of a hat in a moment's notice. Well, betting on a Buffalo team led by Nathan Peterman is a terrifying proposition, but I'm not betting on Peterman as much as I'm betting on the Bills defense here. It's a defense that was able to stifle and harass Tom Brady most of Monday night's game, and the Bills would have covered if not for the Derek Anderson pick-six in the fourth quarter.

So, yes, you'll be spending this game living in fear of the pick six. But even so, I'm not at a point in my life where I'm willing to trust Mitch Trubisky as a double-digit favorite on the road against a defense that can get after the QB a bit and is very good against the run. Trubisky shows moments of brilliance with a lot of "what the hell are you doing" mixed in. I expect a few of those latter moments on Sunday. The Bears should win this game, but it'll be closer than it probably should be. Bears 23, Bills 14

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Week 9: Bears Game Preparation - Trent Murphy Out; Anderson & Edmunds Remain in Concussion Protocol with Both Now Out; Khalil Mack & Allen Robinson Questionable for Sunday
  • 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Week 9: Bears Game Preparation - Trent Murphy, Edmunds, & Anderson Out with Peterman Starting; Khalil Mack & Allen Robinson Questionable for Sunday
17 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

How does it get to the point where you are a 10 Point underdog at home to a pedestrian Bears team? This isn’t because of a rebuild. This team sucks and a lot of it is already built. I’m generally concerned that we do not have the right guys in place to run this team

Thanks for rehashing once again

30 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

How does it get to the point where you are a 10 Point underdog at home to a pedestrian Bears team? This isn’t because of a rebuild. This team sucks and a lot of it is already built. I’m generally concerned that we do not have the right guys in place to run this team

I'd write to your congressman.