Week 9: Bears Game Preparation - Inactives Announced with Wyatt Teller In; Mack and Robinson Out for CHI

‘The Mack Effect’ — Before He was a Bear, OLB Khalil Mack Transformed Buffalo

1043788578_79073230-e1541003411933.jpg

By Patrick Finley

John Syty could feel it when Khalil Mack walked in a room.

Even at 18, as a redshirt freshman at Buffalo, the future NFL superstar had presence.

“There’s an aura about him different from anybody I’ve ever been around,” said Syty, who shared a college linebacker room with Mack for two years. “This guy walks into a room. You can have your back to him, but something in the air changes. And he’s always been that way.”

You didn’t need to be a future NFL scout to know Mack had special physical talent — even though that’s exactly what Syty became. He’s now a Bears area scout.

“As a scout,” he said, “you try to find those guys.”

The Bears found Mack at a price — $141 million over six years — when they traded for him in September and made him the NFL’s highest-paid defensive player ever.

Sunday, for the first time since 2002 — eight years before Mack played his first college down — the Bears will play in Buffalo, New York. Whether Mack will be on the field will be debated all week. He sat out the Jets game with a lingering right ankle problem, and the team has more relevant divisional games awaiting them.

11 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The silver lining to this qb situation is maybe we find a long term veteran backup in Barkley. I actually don’t think he’s that bad. The second either Allen or Anderson can go I’m cutting Peterman

That’s really delusional. Each game they put out a worse QB it makes it that much harder to recruit FAs. The FA WR market is thin and the Bills have put themselves in a position that they will have to grossly overpay if they want one. It’s career suicide for a WR.

The Bills need Allen to get healthy and show some promise the last month or so of the season. Paying for past year’s mistakes needs to stop but until they show something it will continue to happen. 

Finding an adequate backup is the equivalent of standing on a sinking ship with a water bucket. 

Week 9: Coffee With the Coach Presented by Tim Hortons (3:58)

Chris Brown sits down with Head Coach Sean McDermott for this week's Coffee With the Coach. They discuss keeping the spirits up when the results are not there, guarding against pressing too much, and a fan asks coach a question via Twitter.

Throwback Thursday: Bills vs. Bears Through the Years

txuqumpfzi1mlubznotv.jpg

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Week 9: Bears Game Preparation - Anderson, Trent Murphy, & Edmunds Not Practicing on Today

Terrelle Pryor Eager to Provide a Boost to Bills Passing Attack

hfkimnoq9lzvs66b7yfc.png

“I can ball bro. I can ball.”

There was some moxie coming out of the Bills locker room this week, and the source was one of the newest signings to the roster. Wide receiver Terrelle Pryor is a player the Bills are hoping can be a shot in the arm to Buffalo’s 32nd ranked passing game. But Pryor wasn’t doing any hoping following his first practice on Wednesday. He is expecting to be a difference maker.

“I’m not being cocky. I just know how I study and how I work and how I practice,” said Pryor. “I compete at a high level and I expect high things from myself. I expect high things from the offense. Just because we had a couple of bad games and we didn’t score that doesn’t matter to me. What matters is this week coming out and competing and holding ourselves to a high standard. And just because we lost some games doesn’t mean we can’t win or put things together.”

Pryor’s energy was a welcome addition on the practice field. Though he was impressed by the tempo and intensity of his first Bills practice, his ability to step right in and perform in Buffalo’s offense was well received.

Terrelle Pryor: "I Can Ball" (6:52)

WR Terrelle Pryor talks about signing with the Bills, his first day of practice and his confidence in his ability to perform when given the chance.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

15 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

If Peterman does start, all of this means NOTHING. HOW MANY sh***y games does it TAKE with this guy at QB before he gets cut?

As Bills fans, we should not tolerate this BS any more. I don't care if we just signed Pryor or Barkley, GET SOMEONE ELSE IN THERE who is at least a tad bit competent. Starting Peterman is like conceding the game and giving the defense another opportunity to play great only to have it pissed away by a not ready for CFL quarterback.

ENOUGH!!! Enough. 

Take it easy, any ideas for free agent QBs in November? Season is over so just deal with it. They are not trying to win this year so find out what Nate has once and for all, he has barely played.

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Week 9: Bears Game Preparation - Anderson, Trent Murphy, & Edmunds Not Practicing Today