Thanks Sean McDermott

Kevin1778

35 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...and I think 2019 will be their collective defining moment.....and probably a pivotal one as well as one of the most important ones in the last decade with ten picks and FA $$$ in the cookie jar......if we are in the SAME position next year at this time as we are in now, particularly on the offensive side, there could be some cause for concern IMO.........

2019 is make or break for McD. You have the cap space, you have a third draft class, and you got your QB. With a top 10 defense in place you have the resources to finally improve the other side of the ball. If 2019 is a failed season then honestly McBeane should be fired. I don't think they have to make the playoffs necessarily but there should be a winning season at the very least. You tried to tank 2 seasons to get the ground work laid for what you wanted to do in year 3, you better deliver in year 3. 

1 hour ago, Dan said:

I keep seeing this idea posted over and over.  Yes we have no talent on Offense, but who's fault is that?  It's entirely too convenient to say... We had to dump all the talent to free up cap space or get rid of bad attitude guys.   The bottomline is, the current regime dumped all the talent - other than Shady - and have done next to nothing to replace that talent drain.  So.. It's on them.

And...precisely.  That dumping of players has led to a historically bad offense.  It's unimaginable to think they could be this bad.  But they are.   And what's really making alot of fans, including myself, question the FO and coaching staff is that not only are we not a competitive team, we're not even showing signs of improvement or potential improvement.   The offensive side of the ball is a disgrace.  And they 100% created this offense.   So, it's not unfounded to question their competence.

Right now the Bills are backed into a corner.

There is no WR that they can try, not one young RB on the roster, no Offensive Lineman they’ve been Coaching up. 

There isn’t one young player they can try and feature to generate points. 

It’s an overmatched group now led by a 35 year old ex-Panther who was on the beach a month ago. 

Our Coach is on the record talking about running the ball in snowy Buffalo, or stating culture is more important than scheme. He can say that right now because of the Playoffs in 2017.

But “I have to watch the tape” and “there are throws he’d like to have back” are not going to fly if the Bills are scoring 11 ppg, 7 games into 2019.

You look at the offensive players this FO has signed in FA and traded for and how can fans feel like this staff understands how to win in the NFL? Anquan Boldin? Mike Tolbert? Jeremy Kerley? Robert Foster? Ray Ray McCloud? Trading up for Zay Jones? The plan has been run 30-year old declining McCoy into the ground with no passing game because its snowy. 

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Shouldn't you be thanking Andy Dalton?

Honestly he screwed us up by beating us the week he played us.  Either way they were (except for a few duds in the middle of the year) a very solid team last year

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Right now the Bills are backed into a corner.

There is no WR that they can try, not one young RB on the roster, no Offensive Lineman they’ve been Coaching up. 

There isn’t one young player they can try and feature to generate points. 

It’s an overmatched group now led by a 35 year old ex-Panther who was on the beach a month ago. 

Our Coach is on the record talking about running the ball in snowy Buffalo, or stating culture is more important than scheme. He can say that right now because of the Playoffs in 2017.

But “I have to watch the tape” and “there are throws he’d like to have back” are not going to fly if the Bills are scoring 11 ppg, 7 games into 2019.

You look at the offensive players this FO has signed in FA and traded for and how can fans feel like this staff understands how to win in the NFL? Anquan Boldin? Mike Tolbert? Jeremy Kerley? Robert Foster? Ray Ray McCloud? Trading up for Zay Jones? The plan has been run 30-year old declining McCoy into the ground with no passing game because its snowy. 

Actually this is what they have been doing.  Look at their roster and they have 10 Offensive Linemen.  Why? Because they are coaching them up, at least two Guards and a Tackle.

2 hours ago, Dan said:

I keep seeing this idea posted over and over.  Yes we have no talent on Offense, but who's fault is that?  It's entirely too convenient to say... We had to dump all the talent to free up cap space or get rid of bad attitude guys.   The bottomline is, the current regime dumped all the talent - other than Shady - and have done next to nothing to replace that talent drain.  So.. It's on them.

And...precisely.  That dumping of players has led to a historically bad offense.  It's unimaginable to think they could be this bad.  But they are.   And what's really making alot of fans, including myself, question the FO and coaching staff is that not only are we not a competitive team, we're not even showing signs of improvement or potential improvement.   The offensive side of the ball is a disgrace.  And they 100% created this offense.   So, it's not unfounded to question their competence.

No offense, but I keep seeing this false narrative over and over again.  McD is not the GM, all this stuff about people putting the roster on his shoulders is misplaced.  Of course a HC has input, but he is not the GM, Beane is and Whaley was the first offseason he was here.  

And, furthermore, statements like this completely disregard context of what they did and didnt do.  

1. Robert Woods was gone on his own.  He wanted to go home to LA.  And that was right when McD got here and before Beane got here.
  2. Goodwin was gone on his own, nor were we gonna resign him, nor did ANYONE here at TSW want us to resign him except for maybe me and a couple other people.  So dont want to hear nothing from anyone about Goodwin...and again, right when McD got here and before Beane got here.
  3. Watkins was traded because they were going to lose him for nothing if we didnt.  I wanted to keep Watkins, but reality is that we were not going to be able to pay him (nor should we) what the market would command.  So why people are still upset about this is beyond me...we got back a 2nd and good player last year for a guy we would have lost for nothing who has also done very little, especially compared to what he is being paid, since he was traded.  I still think he has a ton of talent, but $16m per year is nuts for him right now.
  4. Woods and Incognito left on their own due to injury and retirement (well went crazy).  They traded Glenn who was over paid for what he gave and expendable at the time to help get into position to get a QB, something EVERYONE was on board with. 

So this regime didnt get rid of all the offensive talent, they traded away exactly 2 players, Glenn and Watkins...they also traded to bring in 2 players in Jordan and KB, but injuries derailed both last year and KB has struggled this year with out struggles overall as an offense.  

But...they also did the most important part in Beanes first draft, get a QB and also managed to get what looks like a stud in the making in Edmunds to QB the defense for the next decade while also adding some other young promising players to the D in Taron and Phillips.  

You can NOT build an entire roster up in one offseason.  This regime has had ONE draft together and filled some huge holes at QB, LB, DL, and DB in it.  In the process of it all, they did exactly what they said they would do, fix the cap situation FIRST.  And they have.  Now we have extra draft capital this year, plus our own high picks because our record is going to to be poor, and complete cap freedom.  

THIS IS NOT THE OFFENSE THEY BUILT...they had to tear down yesterday to build for tomorrow.  But Bills fans live in some bizaro world where they forget or ignore actual context to what happened.  I keep seeing this regime getting blamed for things that had nothing to do with this regime, like Robert Woods for instance.  Its funny how so many here whined to no end that we needed to clean house...then when we do just that the same fans piss and moan we suck.  Its crazy around here lately, there is a complete lack of patience, logic and reasoning to what really happened and what this regime is doing to prepare for us to TRULY compete moving forward.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

The team had notched a 9-7 record a couple other times during the drought , but didn’t get the lucky tiebreaker. It took an oddball tiebreaker and the Dalton TD pass to make it all happen. That was totally out of MCD’s control and pure happenstance. 

Would it kill you....just once....to give SOME CREDIT to somebody on your own damn team!

We traded away almost every core player with a expensive contract we had....McD rubbed some spit and glue on it......and managed to come up with enough wins to qualify for the post season when MOST were predicting a 3 to 4 win season around the league......

Fans like you are so damn frustrating....WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE?

15 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Would it kill you....just once....to give SOME CREDIT to somebody on your own damn team!

We traded away almost every core player with a expensive contract we had....McD rubbed some spit and glue on it......and managed to come up with enough wins to qualify for the post season when MOST were predicting a 3 to 4 win season around the league......

Fans like you are so damn frustrating....WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE?

In the discussion of breaking the drought, facts are facts. The record of 9-7 ( regardless of pundits predictions) had been achieved by other Bills teams in its duration. As NFL achievement goes, the record is a relatively modest one. While McD and the players deserve credit for a winning season, it is of no more ore less value than seasons achieved by others. A stroke of good luck was needed for a playoff ticket to punched for a team with that marker. I am a Bills fan since 1979, I follow the team rabidly. There is just no reason for the Bills to go through several decades of mismanagement and incompetence . They nearly reached the pinnacle of NFL existence , then fell into an abyss they’ve yet to climb out of. We all wish it were sunshine and rainbows, but acknowledging that it’s far from that doesn’t make one less of a fan. 

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

In the discussion of breaking the drought, facts are facts. The record of 9-7 ( regardless of pundits predictions) had been achieved by other Bills teams in its duration. As NFL achievement goes, the record is a relatively modest one. While McD and the players deserve credit for a winning season, it is of no more ore less value than seasons achieved by others. A stroke of good luck was needed for a playoff ticket to punched for a team with that marker. I am a Bills fan since 1979, I follow the team rabidly. There is just no reason for the Bills to go through several decades of mismanagement and incompetence . They nearly reached the pinnacle of NFL existence , then fell into an abyss they’ve yet to climb out of. We all wish it were sunshine and rainbows, but acknowledging that it’s far from that doesn’t make one less of a fan. 

I think your just a whiny crybaby......but that is just my opinion.

If you cannot have anything positive to say after at least making the playoffs in 17 years with the deck stacked against McD....then  whine away

4 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Would it be against the TOS to call you a dick?

4 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Dick x2

Reportando x2.   *****.

7 hours ago, McNubbins said:

Honestly, I think if the Bills SOMEHOW managed a win tonight, a lot would be forgiven for this year.  This is our superbowl I think.

In case you fell asleep, it ended up like the previous four.