How different would discussions be if the games were fun & Bills had an Offense?

2 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

The point for me is that even if the Bills were 2-5 and struggling, I'd enjoy watching the team and engaged, vs. watching because I've been doing so since '72 and knowing as soon as down 10+ really no chance. 

you'll watch it and you'll LIKE IT....

2 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

A different take, but yes much of the same when it comes to me and watching the Bills.  

The league is built on offense.  The main reason ratings are up and the league is so successful is that the game is fun to watch, because there is OFFENSE.  People play fantasy football and betting sites like Fanduel is to see stats and players score points.

The best pick every week for a Defense is whoever is playing the Bills.

Yes we have our Old School guard who are all about the Defense and lament what's become of the ground & pound game and those who will tell you that a 9-6 Buffalo win is all that matters and you're welcome to comment all you want.

So the question is if McDermott did not dismantle the Offence and actually had the know how and hired a competent OC and this team was at least scoring points and games were competitive and still a 2-5 team, how would the threads look?   

IMO only way threads here would change is if they were WINNING.. they just switch to complaining about whatever cost the Bills the game.. BUT if they are winning 45-42 and are say 4-3 I see fans being more optimistic.. but winning breeds better threads... for any fan base

We had no money to spend last offseason. Bradford wasn't affordable. Fitzgerald or Bridgewater may not have wanted to sign here with the current state of the o-line/wr's. 

This upcoming offseason is going to be pretty telling. Will they be able to recruit talent to come here? Will they use the cap money efficiently to fill the majority of the roster holes? How will the draft go? 

This offseason is going to be the one that Beane and McDermott will be judged on going forward. Miss on this offseason, Allen doesn't progress next season and they are both likely looking for new work in 2020.

18 minutes ago, Iamkrgr said:

We had no money to spend last offseason. Bradford wasn't affordable. Fitzgerald or Bridgewater may not have wanted to sign here with the current state of the o-line/wr's. 

This upcoming offseason is going to be pretty telling. Will they be able to recruit talent to come here? Will they use the cap money efficiently to fill the majority of the roster holes? How will the draft go? 

This offseason is going to be the one that Beane and McDermott will be judged on going forward. Miss on this offseason, Allen doesn't progress next season and they are both likely looking for new work in 2020.

No one will sign on the offense unless wildly overpaying based on the way this team runs that side of the offense.  It is a pipe dream. 

The only chance is Allen returns and plays like Rodgers...... 

2 hours ago, ChattanoogaBills said:

Who said the bills games aren't fun anymore. I have no complaints. I was dancing all over titans rugs screaming go bills "shout theme song" 

That was the best bills game i've seen in maybe 15 years.

You catch a game, what, once every 3, 4 years?

2 hours ago, teef said:

the op has brought this up a number of times now, just slightly different wording.  we would all like a more exciting offense.  we get it.

Yes I have and admitted it in the OP!!!  

The offense is unwatchable, the staff & FO have not taken ownership and they put an inferior product on the field, all the while telling fan to trust the process and many here tell those who question to "give them the off season, 2019 & 2020 & beyond to get it right".

Here is Ryan Fitzpatrick's salary that is unaffordable......  

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tampa-bay-buccaneers/ryan-fitzpatrick-1336/

But we have Nathan Peterman....  And I do feel sorry for him (go ahead find the posts from 2017 where I said that) as he NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN NAMED THE STARTER.

9 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Yes I have and admitted it in the OP!!!  

The offense is unwatchable, the staff & FO have not taken ownership and they put an inferior product on the field, all the while telling fan to trust the process and many here tell those who question to "give them the off season, 2019 & 2020 & beyond to get it right".

Here is Ryan Fitzpatrick's salary that is unaffordable......  

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tampa-bay-buccaneers/ryan-fitzpatrick-1336/

But we have Nathan Peterman....  And I do feel sorry for him (go ahead find the posts from 2017 where I said that) as he NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN NAMED THE STARTER.

god...this post makes me sleepy.  try to be fresh at least.  

3 minutes ago, teef said:

god...this post makes me sleepy.  try to be fresh at least.  

As opposed to your hot takes?  

I don't go around memorizing every poster or analyse each thread.  I'll start a thread when I'm pissed about something or have a thought to post and see nothing similar.  

Absolutely right if you want to call me a "one trick pony".....  I want offense and to watch games that are exciting on offense.  

5 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

You want fresh?!  Peterman to Foster TD!!!  That's fresh!  ?

that's fish market fresh!

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

As opposed to your hot takes?  

I don't go around memorizing every poster or analyse each thread.  I'll start a thread when I'm pissed about something or have a thought to post and see nothing similar.  

Absolutely right if you want to call me a "one trick pony".....  I want offense and to watch games that are exciting on offense.  

you are so proactive!  we all want to watch offense and exiting games.  again, i don't know why you think you have the market on that idea.  i think you're more dull than a one trick pony.

5 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

A different take, but yes much of the same when it comes to me and watching the Bills.  

The league is built on offense.  The main reason ratings are up and the league is so successful is that the game is fun to watch, because there is OFFENSE.  People play fantasy football and betting sites like Fanduel is to see stats and players score points.

Yes we have our Old School guard who are all about the Defense and lament what's become of the ground & pound game and those who will tell you that a 9-6 Buffalo win is all that matters and you're welcome to comment all you want.

So the question is if McDermott did not dismantle the Offence and actually had the know how and hired a competent OC and this team was at least scoring points and games were competitive and still a 2-5 team, how would the threads look?   

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

It got worse once McDermott got here.

The Bills 2016 offense was a very solid unit. It certainly had its limitations, but it was still a pretty good unit. Top 7 offense in points scored that year. 

2017 it was a pretty bad unit. This year it is historically bad. It's hard to watch. 

The 2017 offense really wasn't much bettere than now. I was calling the lack of WRs made Tyrod's already limited skillset impossible in 2016, and the general consensus was he's so bad he can't make his recievers better. Now our general consensus is the WRs are so bad they can't make the QB better. 

I wonder what changed ? haha

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

5 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Same. For some dour grumbling and complaining is a Religion. 

11 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Same. For some dour grumbling and complaining is a Religion. 

And you're okay?  Heck you're on this website.  You enjoy the product on the field?  

Sorry to say that even wins aren't very exciting (certainly not offensively).

14 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And you're okay?  Heck you're on this website.  You enjoy the product on the field?  

Sorry to say that even wins aren't very exciting (certainly not offensively).

I’m  great. I’m on this website because it’s the best place to get bills updates. 

Don’t get the shock and surprise. This team is rebuilding. A Rookie runs the d. A rookie was running the o until injury. Now it’s a retired never was. 

the o line fell apart in the off season 

the cap was too jacked up to fix the problems. 

The only thing really bothering me is keeping Peterman around.