Around the League Week 8

YoloinOhio

Jags did not look good. How do you give up a ten yard run when they're killing the clock and you know they are running and there is 0 chance of a pass?

Also, 8 runs? They were in the game almost the whole way. How do you only have 8 runs? Bortles is not a 40+ pass attempt guy.

Edited by jeremy2020

43 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Jordan Matthews looks pretty good.

Could it have been our shittty qb that made him look bad?

4 catches in 5 targets, 93 yards. Proof again that it has been 90% on the QBs. But Tuesday morning we’ll all be reading about how Kelvin Benjamin is a lazy worthless piece of crap. Then after Week 12 we’ll be posting about why we only got a 6th rounder for a solid receiver like KB who seems perfectly good enough to start for a playoff bound team. It’s the Bills Cycle of Life. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I expect Baker to go after Artie Burns early and often. He’s a train wreck.

Looks like they replaced him, and they went after the replacement. Oddly, I’m watching the Browns on my free Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Looks like they replaced him, and they went after the replacement. Oddly, I’m watching the Browns on my free Sunday.

No red zone channel?

4 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Mayfield is a train wreck? Sorry, read that wrong, burns is a train wreck 

Yes, Burns. Mayfield is pretty, pretty, pretty good.

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

He is. He is way more nfl ready than allen  at this point. I think Mayfield is gonna be really good in the coming years 

He’s been the best of the rookies imo, which is consistent with going #1 overall. He hasn’t been perfect but he has shown a lot thus far that is very promising. Imo, all the rookie QBs who have played look about how they were expected to look early on. As always it will be interesting to look at where they are in 3-4 years. 

1 minute ago, CoachT said:

Damn mayfield looks good .. Ben stinking it up. But steelers will get hot soon.

Browns need a TD here. Can’t screw around with the FGs. They haven’t won at Heinz since 2003.

edit: Welp, I know better 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

4 catches in 5 targets, 93 yards. Proof again that it has been 90% on the QBs. But Tuesday morning we’ll all be reading about how Kelvin Benjamin is a lazy worthless piece of crap. Then after Week 12 we’ll be posting about why we only got a 6th rounder for a solid receiver like KB who seems perfectly good enough to start for a playoff bound team. It’s the Bills Cycle of Life. 

It's not as simple as "the Bills need a WR".

What the Bills need is a #1 WR.

It's about matchups........guys like KB and Matthews get erased by #1 CB's.

Push them down to the #2 or #3 CB and their prospects of getting open improve greatly.

• Like (+1) 1

I haven’t really been on the “why didn’t we take Mahones” train, since I didn’t think we should have at the time and liked the trade.

But man is he good.  Clearly at the top of the next gen of QBs after Brady, Rogers, Brees, et al. move on.