PA Synagogue Shooting

bdutton

IRA STOLL: Pittsburgh Jewish Community Welcomes President Trump.

Making Pittsburgh shooting about Trump diminishes problem of anti-Semitism

Even before we knew many details about the horrific slaughter of 11 Jews on Saturday morning in Pittsburgh, critics were rushing to make the shooting about President Trump — in some cases, going to the lengths of blaming pro-Israel Jews who support Trump.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

He writes that the left is anti-Semitic as if tthat is news.

It's the most puzzling part of politicis for me. The left absolutely HATES Jews and treats them like pigs. Just think about the way Barry treated Netanyahu when he was here, and yet I know a lot of Jews who simply follow the Dems for some ridiculous reason or another. It's crazy.

2 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

It's the most puzzling part of politicis for me. The left absolutely HATES Jews and treats them like pigs. Just think about the way Barry treated Netanyahu when he was here, and yet I know a lot of Jews who simply follow the Dems for some ridiculous reason or another. It's crazy.

I don't understand it.  I really don't have any Jewish friends in real life, growing up in S. Buffalo and going to all Catholic schools through college....................But, I have a really good work friend that I've never met - all phone and computer stuff.  He's super Dem.  He's also a great guy and super funny............I asked why that is that the Jewish people seem to have total conservative values and it's Republicans that support Israel- and he said "I don't know.  Maybe because we know what it's like to be persecuted."

12 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Anecdotally, I would say this is mostly true.  My MIL was a Jewish Republican.  My Jewish relatives (extended, not immediate family) and friends are mostly dems = good, but not all are registered Democrats (a number of them are independent or NPA). 

Heck, when Trump was elected I had to send a very good friend Bibi's congratulatory video to President Trump. Why? Her son was convinced Trump was going to have him and his family rounded-up and sent to camps! He was having nightmares. At 11 years old!!  (The video helped tremendously.)

Edited by Buffalo_Gal

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

The left doesn’t hate the “Jews” because many who make up the left talking points are Jews.  The disdain is for the Orthodox Jews, who also support Israel.  That’s why I always chuckle when someone claims to represent THE viewpoint of Jews. 

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

Mostly it's because they sympathize with the oppression of and racism against minorities.  

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Heck, when Trump was elected I had to send a very good friend Bibi's congratulatory video to President Trump. Why? Her son was convinced Trump was going to have him and his family rounded-up and sent to camps! He was having nightmares. At 11 years old!!  (The video helped tremendously.)

The degree to which people were impacted by the unbelievably exaggerated accusations against Trump was disgusting.  More than anything else, it was the most damaging of fake news.

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

I'm confused. I didn't see his horns. There were no flames shooting from his eyes. Everyone loved him.

Must be a fake video.

Good thing they also brought the smiling Melania double

23 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

1) That was staged.

2) Of COURSE it was staged.  Nothing ISN'T staged when presidential security is involved.  It was no less authentic for it.  

2 minutes ago, GG said:

A not guilty plea?

Can they put him in Whitey Bulger's holding cell for one night?

Just trying to set the stage for a deal that takes the death penalty off the table.