Bruschi may sit out 05 season

You're kidding, right?

95% of NFL contracts never see the numbers that get published in large headlines in the paper.  "BRUSCHI SIGNS 7 YEAR, $50 MILLION CONTRACT" would have ensured that he'd be cut after year 3, 4, 5, whatever it was (See Bledsoe, Drew and in the future, Milloy, Lawyer).  He "didn't make a lot of money"??  Check the numbers.  Bruschi pocketed over $2m last year.  His bonus was also over $2m.  I think that might qualify as a 'lot of money'.  Take into account he's with the model franchise in pro sports, he makes countless more in endorsements in the Boston area, and the fact that he might just enjoy playing where he plays and enjoys living where he lives, and I'm sure he's much happier with his situation than a guy like Takeo Spikes might be in his.

Just sayin'.

284660[/snapback]

I'm guessing gettting cut after 3 years of a 7 year/$50 Million contract would still net him a lot more than what he has netted in his current contract. Sure, there is less stability, but if we're talking purely about cash, big deals have more guaranteed money in them. Period.

Who else here can see big Mike Williams, after his issues last year, collecting his three bonus for this year and just saying the hell with football, I'm not mentally into it anymore. Not saying this will happen, only that it could. Lotta nut cases on a football team.

284165[/snapback]

i wouldn't bet on it, but i agree that if anyone on the roster would do it, mike would.

remember last year there was a post where one of the Wallers ran into a Bills player in a restaurant...and when asked about mike williams, the player laughed and said williams was a "p-u-s-s-y" ? i think about it every time that fat ass gets beat by a speed rush.

anyway, yes, i hope bruschi gets better cause it's only football, you know...the guys got kids, etc...my wish (and it will never EVER happen) is that he would just come clean regarding what supplements/stimulants/drugs etc. he's been taking (yes, i am convinced he was doing something harmful, if not illegal, to his body) so he can help someone else avoid the same fate.

You're kidding, right?

95% of NFL contracts never see the numbers that get published in large headlines in the paper.  "BRUSCHI SIGNS 7 YEAR, $50 MILLION CONTRACT" would have ensured that he'd be cut after year 3, 4, 5, whatever it was (See Bledsoe, Drew and in the future, Milloy, Lawyer).  He "didn't make a lot of money"??   Check the numbers.  Bruschi pocketed over $2m last year.  His bonus was also over $2m.  I think that might qualify as a 'lot of money'.  Take into account he's with the model franchise in pro sports, he makes countless more in endorsements in the Boston area, and the fact that he might just enjoy playing where he plays and enjoys living where he lives, and I'm sure he's much happier with his situation than a guy like Takeo Spikes might be in his.

Just sayin'.

284660[/snapback]

http://www.patscap.com/index.html

Wrong, check the numbers. When I see players like Antoine Winfield and Pat Williams getting THREE TIMES the annual amount and not being close the player Tedy Bruschi is, it makes me think he was grossly underpaid. Now that's his own fault because he's been his own agent, but don't even try to tell me he made a lot of money in NFL football salary terms:

2004 Bruschi's salary: $2,625,000

$700,000 salary

$1,541,000 bonus ($4,166,666 was the remaining bonus money after the 2004 season)

2005 Bruschi's salary: $1,750,000

$700,000 salary

$875,000 bonus (2,650,000 is the remaining bonus money after the 2005 season)

BTW, Mike Williams will be making twice that two year total in 2005.

http://www.patscap.com/index.html

Wrong, check the numbers. When I see players like Antoine Winfield and Pat Williams getting THREE TIMES the annual amount and not being close the player Tedy Bruschi is, it makes me think he was grossly underpaid. Now that's his own fault because he's been his own agent, but don't even try to tell me he made a lot of money in NFL football salary terms:

2004 Bruschi's salary: $2,625,000

$700,000 salary

$1,541,000 bonus ($4,166,666 was the remaining bonus money after the 2004 season)

2005 Bruschi's salary: $1,750,000

$700,000 salary

$875,000 bonus (2,650,000 is the remaining bonus money after the 2005 season)

BTW, Mike Williams will be making twice that two year total in 2005.

284956[/snapback]

Thanks for taking the time to look that up, I didn't have the time to do so. :huh:

And having Mike Williams as overpayed as he is (as Donahoe is wont to do) speaks volumes of what ails the Bills.

Given the situation if I was TB I would want to be heathly first and foremost. After winning 2 SB's and finding out that you are sick... I would have wished that I went for the money instead of the championships.

That is just me... Rings are NICE, real NICE... Just what do you do with them when something like this cuts your playing career so short?

Grab the money and hope for the SB's.

My 2 cents.

Thanks for taking the time to look that up, I didn't have the time to do so.  :huh:

And having Mike Williams as overpayed as he is (as Donahoe is wont to do) speaks volumes of what ails the Bills.

285525[/snapback]

Somebody please explain how big mike is overpaid. He is not overpaid based on where he was drafted, and he is still working on the rookie contract. Whats killing us is that a lot of his bonus money (3M this year and next) was not paid upfront. This was a great contract by TD. Now, it would take a complete failure by the #4 pick in the draft to get cut in his third year, but if he had we would have saved $6M on his bonus.

Also, by these bonuses being paid out know, it opened up our cap by that amount the last two years.

Now, is big mike being paid more than his ability dictates, absolutely. However, his contract was better structured than , I would think, the 3rd and 5th picks from that year.

You're kidding, right?

95% of NFL contracts never see the numbers that get published in large headlines in the paper.  "BRUSCHI SIGNS 7 YEAR, $50 MILLION CONTRACT" would have ensured that he'd be cut after year 3, 4, 5, whatever it was (See Bledsoe, Drew and in the future, Milloy, Lawyer).  He "didn't make a lot of money"??  Check the numbers.  Bruschi pocketed over $2m last year.  His bonus was also over $2m.  I think that might qualify as a 'lot of money'.  Take into account he's with the model franchise in pro sports, he makes countless more in endorsements in the Boston area, and the fact that he might just enjoy playing where he plays and enjoys living where he lives, and I'm sure he's much happier with his situation than a guy like Takeo Spikes might be in his.

Just sayin'.

284660[/snapback]

You have NO clue what you're talking about. Bruschi has been his own agent up until recently (interesting why he decided to get one now, huh?) and has given the Pats a HUGE discout for a player of his caliber. Hopefully the Pats do the right thing by him, but I doubt it.

You have NO clue what you're talking about.  Bruschi has been his own agent up until recently (interesting why he decided to get one now, huh?) and has given the Pats a HUGE discout for a player of his caliber.  Hopefully the Pats do the right thing by him, but I doubt it.

285669[/snapback]

For some players, its about playing where you're comfortable, making good money and ensuring that the team can be competetive by you NOT taking up all the cap room like your idol Peyton Manning and ensuring that you'll see every cent of that contract unlike most NFL players who break the bank and get the big headlines which are long forgotten by year 5 of their deal or later when they're cut for salary cap reasons.

Bob Kraft is a man of integrity and I have no doubt Tedy Bruschi will be taken care of.

Nice try though.

For some players, its about playing where you're comfortable, making good money and ensuring that the team can be competetive by you NOT taking up all the cap room like your idol Peyton Manning and ensuring that you'll see every cent of that contract unlike most NFL players who break the bank and get the big headlines which are long forgotten by year 5 of their deal or later when they're cut for salary cap reasons.   

Bob Kraft is a man of integrity and I have no doubt Tedy Bruschi will be taken care of. 

Nice try though.

285717[/snapback]

Lucky for you, Kraft and Belichick, Ted was stupid and let himself be taken advantage of. I think he was being paid at least half of what he was worth. If Kraft had integrity he would have not allowed Bruschi to screw him and his family over with those lowball contracts. I can see the hometown discount angle, but Ted has a long life ahead of him and he did not properly set himself up for it when the opportunity was there.