Bennie Anderson

Frez

Talked to a diehard season ticket holder about Anderson. He told me he was the weakest link on their offensive line last year they are glad to see him go. Told me Anderson is awful at pass protecting and very good with his run blocking. Also said he has a serious weight problem and has a very hard time controlling it.

Jamie Nails? :P

My company has Ravens season tickets, and I go to the games whenever there's not a conflict with the Bills' playing (priorities :P )

I agree with Frez' friend, Anderson is a blob with a sweet OLE! move. If JMac thinks he can do something with him, fine... but I really don't want to see him here.

Maybe that's why the Bills didn't offer him a contract.
IF he gets offered a contract, I don't think it'll be until after the draft. Anderson is not versatile the way JMac likes his players to be. If we go OG in round 2, I can't see throwing money at Anderson if he may end up sitting and only able to play 2 positions.

What I don't understand is if the Bills feel this way about a guy (not good enough pass protector) why even bring the guy in? They told Freddie Jones they are looking for a better blocking TE. Why even have the guy come in? You'd think they would have known these things before.

What I don't understand is if the Bills feel this way about a guy (not good enough pass protector) why even bring the guy in?  They told Freddie Jones they are looking for a better blocking TE.  Why even have the guy come in?  You'd think they would have known these things before.

284167[/snapback]

Maybe they wanted to get a look at his current conditioning level (in person). Apparently they didn't like what they saw.

Maybe they wanted to get a look at his current conditioning level (in person).  Apparently they didn't like what they saw.

284182[/snapback]

I guess they figure, If a guy has question marks, it's always good to get his side of the story before passing judgement.

What I don't understand is if the Bills feel this way about a guy (not good enough pass protector) why even bring the guy in?  They told Freddie Jones they are looking for a better blocking TE.  Why even have the guy come in?  You'd think they would have known these things before.

284167[/snapback]

i wonder this a lot myself...my guess is they are trying to tantalize these guys into signing for peanuts.