Bombs in Mail to Democrat Leaders?

Cinga

Just now, Tiberius said:

We will find out when they catch him/her. No way someone sends out this many packages and leaves no evidence. And right wing and other terrorists are spreading fear, they don't need to hit specific target. What was Tim McVeigh trying to accomplish exactly? 

Looks like they left a calling card: 

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Um...

DqSo5gvU0AAdjil.jpg

DqSo77sV4AErrxI.jpg

DqSpHWNVYAAs85U.jpg

? How is this not being reported?

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I can only speak for myself but let me be clear: I'm a non violent guy, I've never advocated for violence and condemn it and acts like this regardless of their politics. 

I don't think it's disingenuous to hold that position while also remaining skeptical of the information we're being told about the event. Every breaking news story get their facts muddled in the rush to be first. So retaining skepticism isn't a bad thing, or politically motivated - more a reflection of how erroneous the media tends to be at times like this (in the immediate hours after an incident).

I also think, considering everything else happening (midterms, Russia investigations, et al) that it's not beyond the realm of possibility there is *****ery afoot here. Doesn't mean there is, but it would be a more confusing position for any thinking person today to blindly believe what they're being told about this event. Discernment and patience are necessary. 

:beer: 

The major flaw in conspiracy theories is that subscribers allow the narrative to explain the facts. 

Simply put, if this were a political stunt from a group as truly evil as some would like to portray the 'left', these bombs would have detonated and killed their intended recipients.

Just now, Tiberius said:

That looks to me like fake news. Just my opinion 

It's there on CNN's tweet. The image appears real - whether or not that's an actual ISIS flag and not something else is certainly unknowable at the moment. But you would think it'd be a major part of the story if it's as visible as the CNN image makes it appear.

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's there on CNN's tweet. The image appears real - whether or not that's an actual ISIS flag and not something else is certainly unknowable at the moment. But you would think it'd be a major part of the story if it's as visible as the CNN image makes it appear.

I went to CNN and I can't see that image very clearly, but who knows. 

Just now, Tiberius said:

I went to CNN and I can't see that image very clearly, but who knows. 

Look at it here. It's pretty clear: 

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/clintons-obama-suspicious-packages/h_bcbb8ec466318bd37661ce909bfd0ec8?utm_term=link&utm_medium=social&utm_content=2018-10-24T18%3A06%3A36&utm_source=twCNN

There also appears to be a picture next to it, maybe of Brennan.

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's certainly an image of that flag. I would guess it's a red herring.

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Ok, I see it 

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

The major flaw in conspiracy theories is that subscribers allow the narrative to explain the facts. 

Simply put, if this were a political stunt from a group as truly evil as some would like to portray the 'left', these bombs would have detonated and killed their intended recipients.

Only an insider would have the kind of access to make a bombing successful.  This is not you or I receiving a package.  These are people that have had threats verified by the government against them so they are very unlikely to open a package from even a known address/person.  All materials would go through assistants.  The odds are actually poor that a bomb would successfully reach its target.

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

Only an insider would have the kind of access to make a bombing successful.  This is not you or I receiving a package.  These are people that have had threats verified by the government against them so they are very unlikely to open a package from even a known address/person.  All materials would go through assistants.  The odds are actually poor that a bomb would successfully reach its target.

These materials would never even get to the assistants knowing the security that high profile mail facilities have.

2 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Again, if the goal of this was truly to engender political support, they would have been dead. That's the logical conclusion if you buy the conspiracythink.

There is no goodwill to be gained from having a few pipebombs get blocked by the Post Office security screening. 

Just now, peace out said:

Prominent right wingers all over Twitter and Fox news are convinced this is a false flag and have zero evidence for that assumption.

This is how conspiracies start and spread. It's wild fire.

Prominent left wingers all over Twitter, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, CNN, NYT, WAPO are convinced this a right wing-extremist and have zerio evidence for that assumption.

This is how conspiracies start and spread. It's wild fire!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Again, if the goal of this was truly to engender political support, they would have been dead. That's the logical conclusion if you buy the conspiracythink.

There is no goodwill to be gained from having a few pipebombs get blocked by the Post Office security screening. 

No political figure has to die to work their base into a froth.  This is not Central Europe circa 1914.