When in Rome - watch your step

This happened when I was in Vegas. The escalator was super-crowded, so me and a couple friends took the stares next to it. Halfway down the stairs we hear screaming, look over and the escalator has just become a slide. People fell all over themselves at the bottom, but nobody was seriously injured that I know of.

8 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

***** happens... plan accordingly. 

Yep! Like getting on a crowded escalator.  No thanks.  Like the poster above said, I'll take the stairs.

Not sure... The mechanics of how it happened... But what about somebody at top hitting the e-stop button right @ the toe plate?  Do they have those on Italian escalators? Would it have helped?

6 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yep! Like getting on a crowded escalator.  No thanks.  Like the poster above said, I'll take the stairs.

Not sure... The mechanics of how it happened... But what about somebody at top hitting the e-stop button right @ the toe plate?  Do they have those on Italian escalators? Would it have helped?

by the looks of it ... it was so fast it might have caused a bigger pile up.   the force of a sudden stop would have sent people flying is my guess. 

On 10/25/2018 at 4:33 AM, LeGOATski said:

This happened when I was in Vegas. The escalator was super-crowded, so me and a couple friends took the stares next to it. Halfway down the stairs we hear screaming, look over and the escalator has just become a slide. People fell all over themselves at the bottom, but nobody was seriously injured that I know of.

I feel like this is gonna happen at the ub south campus metro station. The escalators are always out of service and do weird things. I always take the stairs there. 

54 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I feel like this is gonna happen at the ub south campus metro station. The escalators are always out of service and do weird things. I always take the stairs there. 

The ones by my office seem like they are under maintenance a lot, but that actually puts me at ease a bit. I know they're being monitored and serviced.

If I never saw an escalator being serviced, I'd be more worried. I avoid escalators altogether, if I can, anyway.

1 hour ago, Wacka said:

From the thread title, I thought Rome had turned into San Francisco.

I was just there recently. I didn't see any ***** except my own.

They need to put escalators on all those hills, though.