Who Is Eligible For Practice Squad?

joesz

I was surprised that players like Haddad, Sape and Sobieski could be placed on the Bill's Practice Squad, given the fact that they were on full-time rosters last years. It was my understanding that the Practice Squad could only be filled with players of very limited expierence, something on the order of less than a half year. I don't know how many games Haddad was on the Colt's 53-man roster last year, but I do know that Sape and Sobieski were on the Bill's 53-man roster for the entire year. I thought that would make them ineligble. That is, unless they don't count those games in which they were on the 7-man inactive list for each game.

Does anyone know the Practice Squad eligiblity requirements?

I was surprised that players like Haddad, Sape and Sobieski could be placed on the Bill's Practice Squad, given the fact that they were on full-time rosters last years. It was my understanding that the Practice Squad could only be filled with players of very limited expierence, something on the order of less than a half year. I don't know how many games Haddad was on the Colt's 53-man roster last year, but I do know that Sape and Sobieski were on the Bill's 53-man roster for the entire year. I thought that would make them ineligble. That is, unless they don't count those games in which they were on the 7-man inactive list for each game.

Does anyone know the Practice Squad eligiblity requirements?

21230[/snapback]

Less than one year on the ACTIVE roster. Not the 53 man. I take that to mean 16 games of suiting up.