Travis Henry not looking for a new deal

As for the coaching situation, I think the Mularkey hire was good.  The Gregg Williams hire was not.  He merely didn't want to hire a more experienced coach (ie. more strong willed).  To give you an example, we interviewed Marvin Lewis, John Fox, Jim Fassel and then last year we interviewed Tom Coughlin.  We also could have Crennel or Weis after Phillips.

Again, I like the Mularkey hire - but I would argue our program was held back for 3 years due to our GM's ego and insecurities.

284726[/snapback]

After two years in the NFL, Marvin Lewis has a losing record, with way more talent than he would have had replacing Phillips. So it's hard to keep holding this one over Donahoe's head.

He could have hired Fox, but the NFL rule prohibiting teams from interviewing SB team assistants before the SB hurt the hiring process. Both guys had good records and potential, Donahoe went with the guy who interviewed better. It was a mistake, but it's difficult to attibute it to ego or insecurity.

Crennel and Weis were cooridinators on a 5-11 team when the Bills hired Williams, so it's not surprising they didn't get an interview.