Bills fans, cubs fans, dealing with similar issues

Being a Cubs fan and a Bills fan has never been so similar when closely tracking each team's offseason.

It never really hit me until today.

Both teams have made major moves to get rid of unpopular players, and seem to be trying to ride that wave of popularity through the offseason.

Hey Tom Donahoe, why did u get rid of Jonas Jennings when the Bills offensive line clearly struggles even with him in the lineup?

Answer: Hey fan, we got rid of Drew Bledsoe. So shut up and dont ask any other questions about what i do.

Hey Jim Hendry yes u got rid of an unpopular player in Sammy Sosa, but what the beck are you going to do to even come close to replacing the 80 homers (guess) and nearly 300 rbis that are out of lineup with Sammy Sosa and Moises Alou gone.

Answer: Hey fan, I got rid of Sammy Sosa, so shut up while I raise ticket prices and not use that revenue to improve the team.

I don't get these general managers sometimes.

Like they try to make one popular move and ride the PR wave to mask crappy moves (or non-moves)

Getting rid of Drew Bledsoe is not enough to constitute a good offseason Tom!

Please understand that.

Stop patting urself on the back for unloading Bledsoe and deciding to go with Losman. We are not impressed anymore.

What have you done for us lately?

I think the Bills had to let either williams or Jennings go.

Even tho I see these players as key parts to our puzzle.

Don't think pat williams is important?

Whether it be he and Ted Washington .. or he and sam adams .. this defense is strong against the run with him on that defensive line.

It's no coincidence trust me.

The bottom line is that I think teams will have a much easier time running on our defense without Pat williams. Maybe I'm wrong, but I bet our run defense stats drop dramatically this season.

Fine get rid of Jennings. Better find a good replacement, or ur golden boy Losman be spending a lot of time staring at the sky.

Not like the Offensive line was that stellar even with a very good player like Jennings on the line. Isn't the offensive line important?

I don't know. I guess im becoming increasingly displeased with this offseason even tho Tom still has time to make more moves.

But i want to see something soon.

This team really showed some positive signs last season.

And so far all i have seen are subtractions that can take away from last year's success instead of building on it.

That's it for my rant. Flame away.

I don't pay attention to the cubs, but....

I really feel our defense will suffer this year a lot also. I just hope TD knows something I don't about Bannon. PLus my hope is that JP will spark our offense enough to make up for our new lesser defense. Pat Williams has been a run stuffing bohemouth for years, its going to be hard to replace him.

JJ, well, we knew he was gone. We'll find someone to fill his shoes.