Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like only yesterday when Amy Klobuchar had reportedly been asked to be vetted for Joe Biden’s VP. Maybe that’s because it was only yesterday.

A lot’s happened since then. Namely this:

And now Klobuchar’s in a tough spot. She’s gonna have to do something desperate if she wants to be Biden’s running mate.

Stephen L. Miller, aka @redsteeze, thinks he knows what it’s got to be:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This is the Pulitzer Prize-winning  @nytimes journalist behind the anti-historical 1619 Project.

EYoufz7U4AAyLUv?format=jpg&name=small

And when Black is defined to mean something like "liberal" or "center-left" or whatever,

then conservative views are de facto racist.

It's not a subtle trick, but it's a favorite one.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

This is the Pulitzer Prize-winning  @nytimes journalist behind the anti-historical 1619 Project.

EYoufz7U4AAyLUv?format=jpg&name=small

And when Black is defined to mean something like "liberal" or "center-left" or whatever,

then conservative views are de facto racist.

It's not a subtle trick, but it's a favorite one.

I like how she talked down to a black person who responded to her, with the old condescending trope, 'if you don't know what I mean, I'm not going to educate you.'

Excellent write up by Jerome Hudson.

A Deplorable Moment for Every Black American in This Country

by Jerome Hudson

Original Article

Joe Biden saying, “You ain’t black” if you’re on the fence about voting for him over President Donald Trump is beyond insulting. Am I insulted? Hell yes. Am I surprised? Hell no. I’ve been called a ***** “with bad African blood” because my skin is black, and I’ve never, nor would I ever, vote for a Democrat. And why the hell would I? 

Screen-Shot-2020-05-17-at-9.13.58-AM.png

• Like (+1) 1

..well if Sheila says so, it MUST be right........now where's Maxine??....or perhaps clarification from Reverend Al??.............

Rep. Jackson Lee claims Biden made 'you ain't black' comment 'in jest', his record on race 'is present'

House Judiciary Committee member Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Texas, dismissed claims Friday that former Vice President Joe Biden was taking the African-American vote for granted or being insensitive when he made controversial remarks on a New York-based radio show.

Biden told "The Breakfast Club" that if African-Americans have a problem "figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black."

Jackson Lee told "Special Report" host Bret Baier that Biden's appearance on the talk show was the "right thing to do", since "The Breakfast Club" has a wide reach across the African-American community.

"And then, as well, I think the right thing to do was to own up that it might not have been as funny as we might have thought originally ... because it was done in jest," Jackson Lee said. "To be able to match his record up against his opponent any day, I believe he will come out with 100 percent [of the vote]. The vice president knows he can't take any community for granted and particularly the African-American community."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/sheila-jackson-lee-biden-aint-black-comment

ROD DREHER ON HONKY CAT BIDEN’S UGLY TRUTH:

Obviously nobody thinks that this gaffe will cause black voters to flip to Trump. But it did bring out an interesting comment from Pulitzer Prize winner Nikole Hannah-Jones, stating that blacks can only think one way politically and be authentically black. She later deleted the tweet.

So, Biden’s gaffe was meaningful — not that it’s going to move votes to Trump, but because it revealed an ugly truth about how black liberals police opinion among black folks. If you don’t agree with the left, then you’re not only wrong, you’re a race traitor.

If Donald Trump said in a Sean Hannity interview that if you’re white, and can’t figure out why you should vote for him, that you ain’t really white, he would be crucified in the media — and rightly so! 

When he said last year that Jews who vote Democratic are being disloyal to the tribe, he was justifiably waylaid. But see, we have this double standard. Pulitzer Prize-winner Nikole Hannah-Jones of The New York Times looks like she is affirming this double standard.

Of course she is. This is who the Democrats are. Stacey Abrams herself said so. The failed black Georgia gubernatorial candidate, said in a speech a year ago that identity politics are “who we are” as Democrats, and that the party should openly embrace them to win.Lately Abrams has been in the news, openly campaigning for the No. 2 slot on Biden’s ticket. Maybe you saw the recent worshipful profile of her in the Washington Post Magazine. 

If Biden picks Abrams, there won’t be any pretense any more from the Democrats about identity politics. Biden’s gaffe this morning was more than anything a gaffe in the Michael Kinsley sense: when a politician inadvertently discloses the truth.

At the Dallas Morning News, we have the inevitable Republicans pouncing: “Hours later, he apologized. By then, the Trump campaign had pounced, arguing that this was no ordinary gaffe but an outrageous instance of race-baiting and condescension from the likely nominee of a party that both relies on black voters and at times takes that support for granted.”

Meanwhile, at the L.A. Times, Republicans are seizingand the L.A. Times plays the “botched joke” defense of Biden: “A top campaign aide said Biden was joking, but Republicans quickly seized on the statement and some black Democrats expressed concern that the remark could turn off a crucial voting bloc for the presumptive Democratic nominee.”

as Jim Treacher likes to say, “When Republicans screw up, that’s the story. When Democrats screw up, the Republicans’ reaction is the story.”

9 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..well if Sheila says so, it MUST be right........now where's Maxine??....or perhaps clarification from Reverend Al??.............

Rep. Jackson Lee claims Biden made 'you ain't black' comment 'in jest', his record on race 'is present'

House Judiciary Committee member Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Texas, dismissed claims Friday that former Vice President Joe Biden was taking the African-American vote for granted or being insensitive when he made controversial remarks on a New York-based radio show.

Biden told "The Breakfast Club" that if African-Americans have a problem "figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black."

Jackson Lee told "Special Report" host Bret Baier that Biden's appearance on the talk show was the "right thing to do", since "The Breakfast Club" has a wide reach across the African-American community.

"And then, as well, I think the right thing to do was to own up that it might not have been as funny as we might have thought originally ... because it was done in jest," Jackson Lee said. "To be able to match his record up against his opponent any day, I believe he will come out with 100 percent [of the vote]. The vice president knows he can't take any community for granted and particularly the African-American community."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/sheila-jackson-lee-biden-aint-black-comment

Pin on Wake Up America!!

When only the (open) pedophiles protect your candidate... maybe it's time to rethink who you're voting for @transplantbillsfan

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

NAACP PUSHES BACK ON BIDEN’S CLAIM IT ENDORSED HIM AFTER ‘YOU AIN’T BLACK’ FUROR:

“‘Yesterday, former Vice President Joe Biden made a comment about the NAACP’s endorsement,’ the statement by Derrick Johnson, president and CEO of the NAACP,  said. ‘We want to clarify that the NAACP is a non-partisan organization and does not endorse candidates for political office at any level.’”

Related: When you’re a leftist who has lost the Grauniad: Black Americans are in an abusive relationship with the Democratic party.

Exit quote: “Again and again, Biden’s relationship with black Americans, like the Democratic National Committee’s relationship, has been patronizing at best and actively harmful at worst.”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1