Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

41 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

You and I know that but to the dems they're immigrants, just like the ones that went through Ellis Island. 

Yep, in fact the term I see thrown around now is “ migrants”. As if they’re just birds flying south for the winter. 

• Haha (+1) 1

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Unless they commit a crime illegal aliens get to stay. That's nothing more than an invitation to flood our borders, again. 

So if I break into your house and don’t steal anything but just hang out I’m cool right?

17 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Unless they commit a crime illegal aliens get to stay. That's nothing more than an invitation to flood our borders, again. 

And yet these two clowns both said they’re not in favor of open borders without a single follow up by the moderator panel. This is jump the shark time! 

JOE BIDEN PROMISES TO PUT A LOT OF PEOPLE OUT OF WORK:

● Joe Biden’s Plan to Shut Down the Firearms Industry.

● Biden says ‘no new fracking’ for oil and gas.

● Biden: ‘We Can Take Millions of Vehicles Off the Road if…’

Thank you, CNN, just for letting these people talk. Do it again next week? Please?”

• Like (+1) 2

Biden Again Tries To Lose Pennsylvania

As Joe Biden was pushed further and further to the left during the primary season, most often by either Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren, he wound up making any number of promises that will come back to haunt him in the general election. One good example of this phenomenon was highlighted by David Rutz at the Washington Free Beacon this weekend. The incident in question took place during Sunday’s debate on CNN. Attempting to appease the “Keep It In the Ground” folks who might otherwise be tempted to support Bernie Sanders, Biden abandoned some of his long-held positions on the oil and gas industry and called for an end to all drilling in the United States. All of it.

Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden said Sunday he would prevent oil companies from drilling as part of his effort to combat climate change.

“No more subsidies for the fossil fuel industry,” he said at the CNN debate. “No more drilling on federal lands. No more drilling, including offshore. No ability for the oil industry to continue to drill, period. Ends.”

Biden hasn’t called for an all-out ban on oil drilling before, which would have a radical, negative effect on the U.S. energy industry.

After bragging about his $1.7 trillion climate change plan, Biden doubled down and said there would be “no new fracking” when he’s president and “not another coal plant will be built” under his administration.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Biden Again Tries To Lose Pennsylvania

As Joe Biden was pushed further and further to the left during the primary season, most often by either Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren, he wound up making any number of promises that will come back to haunt him in the general election. One good example of this phenomenon was highlighted by David Rutz at the Washington Free Beacon this weekend. The incident in question took place during Sunday’s debate on CNN. Attempting to appease the “Keep It In the Ground” folks who might otherwise be tempted to support Bernie Sanders, Biden abandoned some of his long-held positions on the oil and gas industry and called for an end to all drilling in the United States. All of it.

Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden said Sunday he would prevent oil companies from drilling as part of his effort to combat climate change.

“No more subsidies for the fossil fuel industry,” he said at the CNN debate. “No more drilling on federal lands. No more drilling, including offshore. No ability for the oil industry to continue to drill, period. Ends.”

Biden hasn’t called for an all-out ban on oil drilling before, which would have a radical, negative effect on the U.S. energy industry.

After bragging about his $1.7 trillion climate change plan, Biden doubled down and said there would be “no new fracking” when he’s president and “not another coal plant will be built” under his administration.

https://humanevents.com/2012/01/23/obamas-brazilian-oil-disaster/

President Obama’s ideologically-motivated opposition to the Keystone XL oil pipeline has gotten all the headlines lately, but critics forget that our brilliant leader had a Plan B for obtaining oil.  That’s “B” as in “Brazil.”

Obama has put a tremendous amount of effort into cultivating the Brazilian oil industry.  In fact, he offered Brazil’s Petrobras oil company $2 billion in loan subsidies to encourage precisely the kind of offshore exploration he has forbidden American companies to engage in.  His offshore drilling moratorium has already cost the American economy over a billion dollars, and killed 20,000 jobs.

In November, the Obama Administration made the bizarre decision to stiff American aircraft manufacturer Hawker-Beechcraft for a billion-dollar no-bid contract to manufacture a light attack plane.  The company had already spent $100 million producing a plane that met all of the Air Force’s requirements.  The contract was given to a company essentially owned by the Brazilian government, Embraer, which has very little experience producing such aircraft.  Hawker-Beechcraft unsuccessfully appealed to the General Accounting Office over this decision, then filed suit in federal court.  Some wondered at the time whether this was a gift to win Brazil’s favor.

The President was on a Brazilian junket when he launched the war on Libya via long-distance telephone call.  He cheerfully assured the Brazilian oil industry, in words he would never use to an American energy company, that “when you’re ready to start selling, we want to be one of your best customers.”  Of course, he was also prattling on about American jobs energy independence at the time.  His critics noticed the wide gulf between his words and deeds, as quoted in a Fox News report:

“We have abundant energy resources off Louisiana’s coast, but this administration has virtually shut down our offshore industry and instead is using Americans’ tax dollars to support drilling off the coast of Brazil,” Sen. David Vitter, R-La., said in a statement. “It’s ridiculous to ignore our own resources and continue going hat-in-hand to countries like Saudi Arabia and

13 minutes ago, ALF said:

Looks like Biden is the nominee. Once Obama starts to campaign for him  the money will roll in.  I just hope he picks a good VP

Do you realize that Biden has pledged to basically make our country energy dependent again while at the same time crippling our energy field job market? 

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Do you realize that Biden has pledged to basically make our country energy dependent again while at the same time crippling our energy field job market? 

I won't vote for Biden or Trump , but that's just me

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Who would you vote for? 

John Kasich  brokered  convention  but won't happen (I'm bipartisan)

He would have to switch to Democrat 

Edited by ALF
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, B-Man said:

B-Man 2020 !!!

There's a few things you'll probably want to get out ahead of before declaring. I suggest you wrap up non disclosure agreements while the price might still be low. 

17 minutes ago, ALF said:

John Kasich  brokered  convention  but won't happen (I'm bipartisan)

Ah, the original Never Trumper.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Ah, the original Never Trumper.

I've always believed John Kasich's role in politics was to pretend to be the worst Republican you could find so Democrats could point to him and say "Well, here's a Republican I can get behind."

Dude is a schitshow.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1