Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, GG said:

He's not a Democrat anyway, and just like a good Communist is riding the trails someone else built.  

Agreed. But they let him into their tent and have to own it... or cheat, and expose themselves to the same sort of ire they got when they did the same in 2016. 

Bernie supporters should either do what they did last time they screwed him (vote Trump), or write in Bernie's name. It would be hilarious to see Bernie's write in votes get more than whoever the DNC ends up running. :lol: 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Agreed. But they let him into their tent and have to own it... or cheat, and expose themselves to the same sort of ire they got when they did the same in 2016. 

Bernie supporters should either do what they did last time they screwed him (vote Trump), or write in Bernie's name. It would be hilarious to see Bernie's write in votes get more than whoever the DNC ends up running. :lol: 

Just having enough to swing the election to Trump would be hilarious even though I don't think they'll be necessary.

15 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

You can debate Medicare for All until the cows come home...but why would any sane person turn over healthcare to the same federal government that screws up everything it touches?  I'm not a health care voter. I really don't care.  However, I do know that in this country, the federal government is nothing short of train wreck.  Why would anyone think healthcare would be the ONE program that would be any different?

After seeing the impeachment proceedings from both sides, yup, I definitely want those people running my healthcare. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 1/31/2020 at 2:01 PM, section122 said:

Just a thought here....

I'm a Bernie supporter so let me get that out of the way.  First because Medicare for all is the most important issue to me.  I didn't vote Hillary (or Trump either went 3rd party hoping to get another party permanently on the ballot) because I didn't like her but I really didn't like how the DNC rigged the election for her.  After the election Bernie supporters were blamed for not falling in line and voting blue no matter what.

So what happens if Bernie wins the nomination?  Does the DNC fall in line?  Do all the blue no matter what people do as they said we should have done?  Does the DNC work to remove the man they have trumpeted as the most evil president ever?  I think we all know the answer to that.  I really want Bernie to win because he is the candidate I like the best but I also get a bonus of either watching the DNC expose themselves as complete and total frauds or maybe (pie in the sky moment here) doing the right thing and supporting the candidate the people chose instead of the one they chose.

You didn't vote for Hillary who was at least going to try and get a public option through that would've at least nudged us closer to medicare for all?  Instead we have a president that's done everything in their power to chip away at the ACA.  More Bernie supporters voted for Hillary than Hillary supporters voted for Obama in '08 so at least you weren't in the majority. 

You do realize that people on the right want a fractured Democratic party because it increases their chances of winning the election.  It happened to the RNC with Trump in '16 but they eventually rallied behind him.  The DNC will do the same with Bernie.  The whole "take down the system" approach is appealing but a pipe dream.  Meanwhile, in the real world there are still millions of Americans who aren't covered and about 66% of bankruptcies declared are due to medical issues.

26 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

You didn't vote for Hillary who was at least going to try and get a public option through that would've at least nudged us closer to medicare for all?  Instead we have a president that's done everything in their power to chip away at the ACA.  More Bernie supporters voted for Hillary than Hillary supporters voted for Obama in '08 so at least you weren't in the majority. 

You do realize that people on the right want a fractured Democratic party because it increases their chances of winning the election.  It happened to the RNC with Trump in '16 but they eventually rallied behind him.  The DNC will do the same with Bernie.  The whole "take down the system" approach is appealing but a pipe dream.  Meanwhile, in the real world there are still millions of Americans who aren't covered and about 66% of bankruptcies declared are due to medical issues.

Solution: Communize

2 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Compare and contrast government run USPS with free market options FedEx, UPS, and Amazon.

No.  I do know the USPS must deliver mail and packages to everyone in the US including those in rural areas.  FedEx, UPS, etc. aren't required to.

8 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

No.  I do know the USPS must deliver mail and packages to everyone in the US including those in rural areas.  FedEx, UPS, etc. aren't required to.

They are not required to deliver but rarely decline to serve those in rural area.

USPS also places restrictions on rural delivery: https://faq.usps.com/s/article/General-Guidelines-and-Policies-for-Rural-Delivery

Let me rephrase my question.  Would you consider USPS to be as reliable and efficient as it's free market competitors?

16 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

They are not required to deliver but rarely decline to serve those in rural area.

USPS also places restrictions on rural delivery: https://faq.usps.com/s/article/General-Guidelines-and-Policies-for-Rural-Delivery

Let me rephrase my question.  Would you consider USPS to be as reliable and efficient as it's free market competitors?

The real question is whether UPPS' performance before the rise of Fedex, UPS, etc. is an example of why weshoukd give me the Federal government control of everything.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Personally, I've had more problems with FedEx than I have had with the USPS.  Obviously, that's anecdotal.

• Like (+1) 1

CNN / Des Moines Register cancels release of final poll

Nothing is more important to the Register and its polling partners than the integrity of the Iowa Poll. Today, a respondent raised an issue with the way the survey was administered, which could have compromised the results of the poll. It appears a candidate’s name was omitted in at least one interview in which the respondent was asked to name their preferred candidate.

Yeah the concerns of a single respondent :rolleyes:

Or results the media sponsors didn't like?

• Like (+1) 6