Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

22 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Then Biden simply says what was the unemployment rate when Obama took office compared to when he left and they don't have anything to say.  Same goes for consecutive job growth, the DJIA more than doubling, and any other economic indicator, etc...  Are you supposed to say if we only had less regulation we'd have recovered from the recession more quickly in a DEMOCRATIC debate?  It's a stupid line of attack.  Obama bailing out the big banks is something you can attack Biden on.  Him enriching himself off his VP role by giving speeches.  Not giving much to charity, etc....

Ah, I see now.  Your suggestion was that his dem counterparts should play nice.  I was on the Trump v Biden matchup should it come to pass.  In retrospect your position makes much more sense to me, I though perhaps you were into the sauce early suggesting Trump beats Biden by honoring his service.  My bad here. 

As for the 20 jackals scuffling in the street over the last two nights, seems to me there is always posturing, aligning with frenemies, focus grouping and the like so I don't pay much attention to who is more vicious than the next.  

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Ah, I see now.  Your suggestion was that his dem counterparts should play nice.  I was on the Trump v Biden matchup should it come to pass.  In retrospect your position makes much more sense to me, I though perhaps you were into the sauce early suggesting Trump beats Biden by honoring his service.  My bad here. 

As for the 20 jackals scuffling in the street over the last two nights, seems to me there is always posturing, aligning with frenemies, focus grouping and the like so I don't pay much attention to who is more vicious than the next.  

Got ya.  Of course Trump will and should use all that information to attack Biden.  Harris didn't play nice so we'll see if it hurts Biden and helps her.  I doubt it.

11 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

If Harris is the Democratic candidate, I think she'll sweep the floor with Trump.

She was extremely well prepared and had what I think was the impromptu inserted one-liner of the last 2 nights.

My guess is still that Biden wins the candidacy, though, and as you say, she could very easily be VP, groomed to take over after one term.

My guess is a Biden/Booker ticket and similar results to 2016 with Trump winning the presidency but not the popular vote.

@Deranged Rhino being in Hollywood, are you familiar with and have an opinion on https://twitter.com/entylawyer

and his website: https://www.crazydaysandnights.net/

I have seen a number of items he nailed, but haven't paid close enough attention to see how good his hit rate is (or if he just throws things at the wall and gets lucky that some stick).

This is a MUST WATCH. I'm dying ?

If you had thought that  there was only 1 thing that was missing to make Swalwell the most ridiculous candidate ever, that 1 thing has now been found.

More cowbell!

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Hedge said:

@Deranged Rhino being in Hollywood, are you familiar with and have an opinion on https://twitter.com/entylawyer

and his website: https://www.crazydaysandnights.net/

I have seen a number of items he nailed, but haven't paid close enough attention to see how good his hit rate is (or if he just throws things at the wall and gets lucky that some stick).

It's 2019.  Stuff like that will help her.

5 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

If Harris is the Democratic candidate, I think she'll sweep the floor with Trump.

She was extremely well prepared and had what I think was the impromptu inserted one-liner of the last 2 nights.

My guess is still that Biden wins the candidacy, though, and as you say, she could very easily be VP, groomed to take over after one term.

What impromptu moment?  If you're talking about "her microphone" it was not impromptu.  It was clearly planned as her little " oh look it worked" smirk gave away when people cheered it.  It doesn't mean it didn't work, but it was not impromptu.

I think she has a good chance to get the nomination.  The only threats I see remaining after the first two nights are Mayor Pete, Bernie, Booker, maybe Warren who is falling IMO, and maybe Castro who is rising IMO.  The rest are toast with Gillibrand having a minor chance to fill a void if someone slips up badly soon.

If/when she gets the nomination I think she is the only one with a chance but she will far from mop the floor with Trump.  Whoever delivers the message, the commie crap doesn't play well.

7 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You suffered a concussion recently, didn't you lol

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

What impromptu moment?  If you're talking about "her microphone" it was not impromptu.  It was clearly planned as her little " oh look it worked" smirk gave away when people cheered it.  It doesn't mean it didn't work, but it was not impromptu.

I think she has a good chance to get the nomination.  The only threats I see remaining after the first two nights are Mayor Pete, Bernie, Booker, maybe Warren who is falling IMO, and maybe Castro who is rising IMO.  The rest are toast with Gillibrand having a minor chance to fill a void if someone slips up badly soon.

If/when she gets the nomination I think she is the only one with a chance but she will far from mop the floor with Trump.  Whoever delivers the message, the commie crap doesn't play well.

Her "impromptu" moment was when she said that "the American people don't want to see a food fight, but want to know how we are going to feed them". Well, it was an ad libbed line that was well rehearsed (thanks to a Rod Stewart song) but it's horseshit. We don't need the government to feed us, we need them to ***** off and leave us alone.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

We don't need the government to feed us, we need them to ***** off and leave us alone.

Well said! Doesn’t anyone see the irony here that the most important issues to these Democratic candidates are ALL things that their all knowing government has screwed up?! ObamaCare, Immigration, and Student Loan Debt are all problems they created by either not enforcing laws that they themselves wrote, or writing really bad laws in the first place. Please stop trying to help us!

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Wacka said:

Decided to watch a much more intellectual show, Green Acres, tonight.

The Democrats need to draft Mr Drucker and Mr Ziffel for their ticket.  As it stands they are shooting for the real life incarnation of Mr Haney and "Uncle Joe" Carson .

Edited by RochesterRob

Harris looks like the candidate to beat, 

8 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

She looks like the best of the bunch. Biden can't last. 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Harris looks like the candidate to beat, 

Unfortunately, the media and party machines are trying to set that up while more intellectually capable candidates are already being pushed off stage such as Gabbard and Yang.  Should you have not been here last night on special assignment  from the cubicle farm?

8 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

36 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

Harris to Biden...

d23.gif

Damn, that even looks like her.

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Well, he’s older... they make pills for that. Has he gotten a script? 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Lol, nope, just showing polls saying he is ahead of that traitor Trump

So what you are saying is that we have 3 years after Election Day 2020 to hear from you about the vast conspiracy to derail Harris after she gets beat?  "Job" security at the Soros Cubicle Farm I guess?