Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Now now you're sounding like the leftists that threatened to leave the country.  We'll get through it if it happens. 

I said bunker, not leave the country. Hubby is the one looking for another country. To be fair he mentions it about once a year (for as long as we've been married), and I quickly put the kibosh on that idea. 

Edited by Buffalo_Gal

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I said bunker, not leave the country. Hubby is the one looking for another country. To be fair he mentions it about once a year (for as long as we've been married), and I quickly put the kibosh on that idea. 

Well if you base the choice on most conservative country, the choices aren't very good.

http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/most-conservative-countries/

7 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Whaaaaaaa?????

Man, you guys are too funny. Harris won the debates. That's between both last night and tonight.

Angry black woman???? :doh:

yikes.

I still think Biden ends up with the nomination, but Harris really really helped herself.

Regardless, I think the stage tonight most likely had the Democratic nominee and next President of the USA.

I have said since the start of this thread I think she is the "chosen one". Doesn't mean people will vote for her in the general election. Men do not like women  who sound like: their mother, nags, scolds, shrews. Kamala hits a number of those.

If she isn't on the ticket (top or bottom), I will be surprised. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, keepthefaith said:

Well if you base the choice on most conservative country, the choices aren't very good.

http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/most-conservative-countries/

Why in the world would I want to move to a "conservative" country?

And whoever listed those as "conservative" really meant "Islamic third world country where women are subjugated". (I do have Egypt on my list for a visit in 2021 though!)

11 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Kamala hits a number of those.

um-phrasing.jpg

Seriously, I'm not worried in the least about the Ugandan Giant. Rumor mill says, there's videos. Lots of videos.

And if not the salacious stuff, just the amount of corruption from California is... okay, an order of magnitude less than Biden, but still enough for a normal non-Congress person to go to Federal pound-me-too prison forever.

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I have said since the start of this thread I think she is the "chosen one". Doesn't mean people will vote for her in the general election. Men do not like women  who sound like: their mother, nags, scolds, shrews. Kamala hits a number of those.

Don't worry, she's uh flexible.

• Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Why in the world would I want to move to a "conservative" country?

And whoever listed those as "conservative" really meant "Islamic third world country where women are subjugated". (I do have Egypt on my list for a visit in 2021 though!)

No, no, no. Waponi Woo is a nice laid back island with friendly natives. Real estate is cheap and if you come with a big supply of orange soda you'll be treated like natives yourself.

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Trump has attacked Obamas record for nearly 5 years, and has been president for 3 of them.  My point is simply attack Biden, don't kiss his ass as an elder statesmen, and point out the economic policies of  Biden/Obama over 8 years v Trump after about 6 months.  In the meantime, keep the public interested in Obamas part in the dirty Russia story, declassify where necessary.  

People will vote in their own best interest if you make the case. 

Then Biden simply says what was the unemployment rate when Obama took office compared to when he left and they don't have anything to say.  Same goes for consecutive job growth, the DJIA more than doubling, and any other economic indicator, etc...  Are you supposed to say if we only had less regulation we'd have recovered from the recession more quickly in a DEMOCRATIC debate?  It's a stupid line of attack.  Obama bailing out the big banks is something you can attack Biden on.  Him enriching himself off his VP role by giving speeches.  Not giving much to charity, etc....

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Obama bailing out the big banks is something you can attack Biden on.  Him enriching himself off his VP role by giving speeches.  Not giving much to charity, etc....

I think using the authority of the government of the United States Of America to shake down Ukraine and China for personal gain is immediately disqualifying but I'm old fashioned that way.

That said, Biden is Trump's dream opponent just for the combo of unmerited hubris and insensate actions. He's a synthesis of Mel Brooks characters: Governor Lepetamane and King Louis.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Well, at least this crew knows they need their own archives. It's not like it's going to be available on YouTube for very long.

And thanks to everyone who chimed in about tonight's debate!

To quote a mysterious entity, it sounds like "the [D] party will cease to exist once it's all exposed". :ph34r:

:beer:

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

If Harris is the Democratic candidate, I think she'll sweep the floor with Trump.

She was extremely well prepared and had what I think was the impromptu inserted one-liner of the last 2 nights.

My guess is still that Biden wins the candidacy, though, and as you say, she could very easily be VP, groomed to take over after one term.