Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Immigration, both legal and illegal, remains a hot debate topic as we move into the 2020 election season. One subject falling under that umbrella is the concept of anchor babies, i.e. children born in the United States to parents who are in the country illegally. Under the legal principle of jus soli (law of the soil), such children are determined to be citizens, often offering a foothold for the parents to remain in the country as well. But is that a popular position for Democrats to run on?

Probably not as popular as you might think, despite the positive coverage such family situations receive on most cable news outlets. Scott Rasmussen recently conducted a poll on the subject, and support for anchor baby citizenship doesn’t even reach a majority. Further, if a pregnant woman enters the country illegally to give birth, a strong plurality doesn’t believe she should be allowed to stay.

https://hotair.com/archives/2019/05/16/poll-support-citizenship-anchor-babies/

The greatest video ever.................

.Thank you Tom Steyer.............................for making us laugh again........................:lol:

Edited by B-Man
  • Haha (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, B-Man said:

The greatest video ever.................

.Thank you Tom Steyer.............................for making us laugh again........................:lol:

Lol, well, then stay at home and don't vote in 2020 if you are that angry. A whole bunch of Trump supporters will be happy about that 

The left is so....:lol:

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Hillary picking Kane was just a really bad move. Nice guy, but he brought nothing to the table 

Tim Kaine was one of the few politicians I was wrong about. 

When he was Governor of Virginia, I called him Governor Douche

As Senator from Virginia, I have frequently referred to him as Senator Douche

For a few months in 2016 I referred to him as Vice President Douche

I'm glad I was wrong about the last one

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

10 hours ago, snafu said:

This man, right here, will make for fun times.

I’m psyched!

He is so self-deluded, he will never drop out of the race.

He legitimately could be one of NYC's worst mayors in modern history beating out Lindsay and Beame.  

46 minutes ago, dpberr said:

He legitimately could be one of NYC's worst mayors in modern history beating out Lindsay and Beame.  

Those guys at least had a tough time because the City was broke.  deB actually has a City that isn't broke, but he's spending it into Bankruptcy. 

I haven't heard anyone say one good word about him, his governing style, or his results in the five years he's been Mayor.

I listen to WNYC when driving to work in the morning and every Friday at 10:00 is "ask the Mayor".  Today, the Mayor was delayed because he's in Iowa. The reporter who was on from Iowa said he's at an Ethanol plant in Iowa to talk about renewable energy :blink:

So they opened up the phone lines to listeners and asked  whether they thought he should stay in his job to to the work of Mayor, instead of running for Federal Office. The callers I heard said he should stay and fix the mess he's presiding over.  My take is:  thank God he won't be around the City to mismanage it.  Hopefully, it will run better without his input.  I hope he stays in the races (with his <1% polling numbers) for his entire term.

1 hour ago, dpberr said:

Lindsay and Beame took over at the worst cesspool to date as permissive liberalism ran its obvious course

Buckley would have been entertaining at least

https://www.dailywire.com/news/47348/democrat-pete-buttigieg-compares-christianity-ryan-saavedra?%3Futm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=benshapiro

Right, Pete. Right.

Let me know the next time you're stoned to death for being *****.

Edit: the language filter here is beyond ridiculous

Edited by Joe in Winslow

3 hours ago, snafu said:

Those guys at least had a tough time because the City was broke.  deB actually has a City that isn't broke, but he's spending it into Bankruptcy. 

I haven't heard anyone say one good word about him, his governing style, or his results in the five years he's been Mayor.

I listen to WNYC when driving to work in the morning and every Friday at 10:00 is "ask the Mayor".  Today, the Mayor was delayed because he's in Iowa. The reporter who was on from Iowa said he's at an Ethanol plant in Iowa to talk about renewable energy :blink:

So they opened up the phone lines to listeners and asked  whether they thought he should stay in his job to to the work of Mayor, instead of running for Federal Office. The callers I heard said he should stay and fix the mess he's presiding over.  My take is:  thank God he won't be around the City to mismanage it.  Hopefully, it will run better without his input.  I hope he stays in the races (with his <1% polling numbers) for his entire term.

I don't want to hijack the thread to discuss historic NYC mayors but I was amazed that Lindsay got re-elected.  I read the Power Broker by Robert Caro and even if you read or listened to nothing else about the guy, you'd get the distinct impression he was way way over his head, especially for the turbulent times.   

I don't think deB is all that intelligent or all that of a critical thinker.  I think the Mrs. is the brains and the tactician in that relationship.   

Huh. I am sure this is a co-winky-dink that they declined to prosecute while Biden was the VP? And I wonder how well reported it will be now? *cough* 

2016 Arizona Police Report: Cocaine Pipe Found in Car Rented by Joe Biden’s Son Hunter Biden, Authorities Declined to Prosecute

Breitbart News has exclusively obtained a heretofore unreported-on police report from days before the 2016 presidential election that describes how a cocaine pipe that authorities determined was used to smoke cocaine was found in a rental car returned to an Arizona Hertz location in the middle of the night. Also found in the vehicle were several personal effects of Hunter Biden, then-Vice President Joe Biden’s son, like two of his DC driver’s licenses, multiple credit cards, and personally identifying information like a Delaware Attorney General badge and a U.S. Secret Service business card that police said bore his name. Hunter Biden, according to the police report, had rented the vehicle from a location in California with the intent to return it to the Prescott, Arizona, location, where it was discovered the morning after it was dropped off with the drug paraphernalia and Hunter Biden’s personal effects inside.

Instead of returning the car keys to the drop box where after-hours returns are supposed to go, the car was returned—according to the police report—with the keys left in the gas tank compartment of the vehicle. Also found inside the vehicle, per the police report, were two drivers’ licenses both bearing Hunter Biden’s legal name Robert Biden, as well as “some credit cards with the same name,” “a secret service business card,” and an “Attorney General’s badge” all contained inside a wallet that Hertz rental employees discovered—along with a pipe that Hertz employees thought and police later confirmed was used to smoke illicit drugs, as well as “a white powdery substance in the arm rest of the vehicle.”

</snip>

6 hours ago, dpberr said:

I don't think deB is all that intelligent or all that of a critical thinker.  I think the Mrs. is the brains and the tactician in that relationship.   

Maybe, but to be the thinker in that pairing isn't really a high accomplishment.