Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

48 minutes ago, GG said:

Smart strategy to double down on deplorables when you can't poll into double digits.

do all the Dem polls have a "none of the above" or "undecided" option or are they forcing every respondent to "pick one"

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, GG said:

Smart strategy to double down on deplorables when you can't poll into double digits.

You can hear Warren turning to Hillary and simply saying, "Hold my beer."

In fairness, you can't lie about your heritage and expect to have much of a chance, anyway. The minute she started the whole "You didn't build that" routine was the minute she peaked.

1 hour ago, GG said:

This is perfectly said. She knows that she's going down and has decided to cement her base for the future rather than continue to actually try to win. 

I hope others flame out soon along with her. Beto is looking for an excuse to get out now as well. 

16 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

This is perfectly said. She knows that she's going down and has decided to cement her base for the future rather than continue to actually try to win. 

I hope others flame out soon along with her. Beto is looking for an excuse to get out now as well. 

Beto is on an apology tour (I am sorry I was elitist...). He will be out soon. Maybe he can run for town council. Start with something small, instead of racking up failed campaigns.

• Like (+1) 2

the debates will be....

The Dem...  blah blah blah policy wonk stuff for 2 minutes.

Your response, Mr President?

"yeah whatever Pocohontas..."

and he wins again

1 hour ago, BeginnersMind said:

What future?  She will be 70 this June and will be 75 when the 2024 convention happens.  She deceives people on the eyeball test because she could pass for early 60's at present.  Her age will most likely catch up with her by 2024.  It is now or never for her in my mind.  In her mind the one that rebuffs middle America the most goes on to be the nominee in 2020.

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

What future?  She will be 70 this June and will be 75 when the 2024 convention happens.  She deceives people on the eyeball test because she could pass for early 60's at present.  Her age will most likely catch up with her by 2024.  It is now or never for her in my mind.  In her mind the one that rebuffs middle America the most goes on to be the nominee in 2020.

She has no future in a general election and never has. She is cementing her base for future Senate terms, or book deals, or whatever she will be doing to make her case to the very left people who support her. 

4 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

She has no future in a general election and never has. She is cementing her base for future Senate terms, or book deals, or whatever she will be doing to make her case to the very left people who support her. 

Same difference.  She was -reelected in 2018 so her term runs until 2024.  Massachusetts has a fairly vibrant Democratic candidate base of which they will be aching to get the new models into office to see what they have on the Presidential level.  She will have to show a body of work to get the Senate nomination from her home state which I don't see happening.  She would be better off to be from a state that has a shallow pool of warm bodies to run for office like Sanders.  Bernie already has Vermont wrapped up so some state like Wyoming or North Dakota for example where you are king (or queen) until you decide to move on.

4 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Same difference.  She was -reelected in 2018 so her term runs until 2024.  Massachusetts has a fairly vibrant Democratic candidate base of which they will be aching to get the new models into office to see what they have on the Presidential level.  She will have to show a body of work to get the Senate nomination from her home state which I don't see happening.  She would be better off to be from a state that has a shallow pool of warm bodies to run for office like Sanders.  Bernie already has Vermont wrapped up so some state like Wyoming or North Dakota for example where you are king (or queen) until you decide to move on.

She’s not even going to be primaried.

She’s the Senior Senator from Massachusetts, a state which treats it’s elected Democratic Congresspeople like lords over fiefdoms since 1931.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

She’s not even going to be primaried.

She’s the Senior Senator from Massachusetts, a state which treats it’s elected Democratic Congresspeople like lords over fiefdoms since 1931.

Historically, that has been true in recent times (1980 and onward) but I see it different this time.  I don't know that even a younger Kennedy could get by without a reelection effort of some sort.  Time will tell.  My Mass friends tell me that the party operatives like hearing their state mentioned for the Presidency so I see that coming into play.  We shall see.

Just now, LABillzFan said:

Not content near the bottom, Cory Booker makes a move to own the bottom.

On the contrary, I think we should extend that practice, and regulate toy candidates like Booker more than real ones.

Does every candidate have a different pet issue they're focused on?  The DNC platform they come up with at the convention should be...interesting...  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

From your link:

"Biden doesn’t need the formal endorsement of Barack Obama because he’s already received the clearest de-facto endorsement imaginable: Obama wanted Biden in the Oval Office if he ever died or was incapacitated. Obama effectively made his 2020 presidential endorsement in the summer of 2008."

I feel pretty confident that Biden's fitness for office was not any kind of a consideration for Obama, other than how it could be used for assassination insurance.

1 hour ago, BeginnersMind said:

She has no future in a general election and never has. She is cementing her base for future Senate Council terms, or book deals, or whatever she will be doing to make her case to the very left people who support her. 

FIFY

See the source image

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

Warren is a classic scold. A scold is never going to win the presidency.