Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

https://news.yahoo.com/2020-vision-warren-calls-for-end-to-filibuster-in-senate-184500247.html

So let me be as clear as I can about this: When Democrats next have power, we should be bold. We are done with two sets of rules, one for the Republicans and one for the Democrats. And that means when the Democrats have the White House again, if Mitch McConnell tries to do what he did to President Obama and put small-minded partisanship ahead of solving the massive problems in this country, then we should get rid of the filibuster.

Wow, this is hysterical. She wants to eliminate the filibuster only if the Democrats win in 2020. If she really wanted to walk the walk, she'd introduce the rule change now.

Laughably disingenuous. Not that I'd expect anything else from Lieawatha.

• Like (+1) 3

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

https://news.yahoo.com/2020-vision-warren-calls-for-end-to-filibuster-in-senate-184500247.html

Wow, this is hysterical. She wants to eliminate the filibuster only if the Democrats win in 2020. If she really wanted to walk the walk, she'd introduce the rule change now.

Laughably disingenuous. Not that I'd expect anything else from Lieawatha.

Disingenuous indeed, and little more than another in a long string of nonsensical talking points put out there for the witless drones to chant at their upcoming election rallies.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Azalin said:

Disingenuous indeed, and little more than another in a long string of nonsensical talking points put out there for the witless drones to chant at their upcoming election rallies.

Hmm, does Cocaine Mitch need to schedule another vote to make the Democrat "hopefuls" back up their rhetoric?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

When TDS is so bad all you can do is respond with "BUT TRUMP!"

Predictable and sad.

The only thing that could make him more sad is if he happily posted photos here of men sucking each other's *****.

Oh, wait.

But hey...we don't judge. It's probably against the rules for here, but if he loves to spend his days sharing photos of men sucking each other's *****, then he should be free to so with his other Tinder boys.

57 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Hmm, does Cocaine Mitch need to schedule another vote to make the Democrat "hopefuls" back up their rhetoric?

I think they'll manage just fine on their own. :thumbsup:

7 hours ago, BigMcD said:

It’s like visiting the zoo. 

I doubt that you ever came in the front door.

5 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

...Not even that time you bribed Ukraine to not prosecute your son for his shady business dealings that netted him and your family millions? 

Of course you're not sorry for that, Joe. You're a fake, a fraud, and a bad person. 

Your time's almost up. Hope it was fun for you, Joe.

I'll bet he'll be sorry for this little tune:

Da  Bill-a-jizz comin’ Ta’ yer home town. 

Da  Bill-a-jizz comin’ Ta’ yer home town. 

Da  Bill-a-JIZZ!!!!

Democrat Anthem. 

Kill and sell as many dismembered infant body parts as possible for the maximum profit!

Didn't know if I should post this here or in the Deep State or Trump Media thread.

I saw a headline cross over my phone about Obama's speech in Berlin.  I tried looking it up, and there was no mention of it anywhere other than Fox News!!   Odd, don't you think?  Until you see the topic that he spoke about.  Not a single major news outlet had this story on the main page.  This is the reigning standard bearer of the party.

I don't like to post links from Fox News, but in this case, there was no other choice.

Obama worries that progressives risk creating ‘circular firing squad’

Former President Barack Obama said on Saturday that he is worried that progressives are creating a “circular firing squad” as prospective Democratic presidential candidates race to the left on a number of hot topic issues ahead of the 2020 election.

“The way we structure democracy requires you to take into account people who don’t agree with you,” he said at an Obama Foundation town hall event in Berlin, according to The New York Post. “And that by definition means you’re not going to get 100 percent of what you want.”

“One of the things I do worry about sometimes among progressives … we start sometimes creating what’s called a ‘circular firing squad’ where you start shooting at your allies because one of them has strayed from purity on the issues,” he said.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

it was good that Cuomo on CNN spent five minutes explaining why the meme of a second Biden touching himself up and smelling his hair was not an actual video

Well in his defence, you have to consider the intelligence of his viewers. 

17 hours ago, GG said:

Didn't know if I should post this here or in the Deep State or Trump Media thread.

I saw a headline cross over my phone about Obama's speech in Berlin.  I tried looking it up, and there was no mention of it anywhere other than Fox News!!   Odd, don't you think?  Until you see the topic that he spoke about.  Not a single major news outlet had this story on the main page.  This is the reigning standard bearer of the party.

I don't like to post links from Fox News, but in this case, there was no other choice.

Obama worries that progressives risk creating ‘circular firing squad’

Reminds me of 2016.

House Speaker Paul Ryan described the negative campaigning among GOP presidential candidates as "a conservative circular firing squad" that could cost Republicans the 2016 election.

Interviewed Monday on Hugh Hewitt's radio show, the Wisconsin lawmaker stressed he will remain neutral in the White House race, but when asked about the "massacre" going on inside the GOP, he issued a warning.

"I do worry about a conservative circular firing squad. All that does is play into the hands of the left, and give them the election victory by default that they're looking for," he said.

13 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Reminds me of 2016.

House Speaker Paul Ryan described the negative campaigning among GOP presidential candidates as "a conservative circular firing squad" that could cost Republicans the 2016 election.

Interviewed Monday on Hugh Hewitt's radio show, the Wisconsin lawmaker stressed he will remain neutral in the White House race, but when asked about the "massacre" going on inside the GOP, he issued a warning.

"I do worry about a conservative circular firing squad. All that does is play into the hands of the left, and give them the election victory by default that they're looking for," he said.

It does. 

Because both obama and Ryan are representing the uniparty establishment (Clinton/Bush) and want trump gone if only to save their own asses. 

This is a legitimate question: Out here in California we’ve all been mandated to take harassment training at a minimum of every other year, dating back to Anita Hill and Clarence Thomas. Didn’t Joe have to take this training? Didn’t he have to sign a form declaring he’d sat through the course? Are elected officials exempt? If so...why?

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

This is a legitimate question: Out here in California we’ve all been mandated to take harassment training at a minimum of every other year, dating back to Anita Hill and Clarence Thomas. Didn’t Joe have to take this training? Didn’t he have to sign a form declaring he’d sat through the course? Are elected officials exempt? If so...why?

It was all a funny misunderstanding for Joe.