Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

4 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

You are a sleezeball, devoid of character and any true standards. Changing what I post and then quoting it is the best you can do? Are you out of gruesome deaths to laugh about? I know they are not American so the atrocities will not meet your standards, but you can probably find a video of the NZ Mosque killings. That might hold you over.

Not enough dead Americans in that video to satisfy his cravings.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

You are a sleezeball, devoid of character and any true standards. Changing what I post and then quoting it is the best you can do? Are you out of gruesome deaths to laugh about? I know they are not American so the atrocities will not meet your standards, but you can probably find a video of the NZ Mosque killings. That might hold you over.

when does your babysitting shift end entertaining Tibs?

11 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I think its funny you take a lie and run with it. You are dumb and a loser 

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I think its funny you take a lie and run with it. You are dumb and a loser 

It's hilarious when you dispute another poster but can't back it up with anything. You can't prove me wrong so you ask me to do it, GatorSue.

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

It's hilarious when you dispute another poster but can't back it up with anything. You can't prove me wrong so you ask me to do it, GatorSue.

Lol, true, can't prove something that isn't there! 

Trump's own Deputy AG commissioned the Mueller investigation, though. That's a fact 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Lol, true, can't prove something that isn't there! 

Trump's own Deputy AG commissioned the Mueller investigation, though. That's a fact 

You can't even keep your arguments straight. I stated that basically the dem presidential candidates are all for the NGD and Medicare for all. You told me that my statement was not true. I asked you to tell me who wasn't and you asked me to tell you who wasn't. You truly are gatored.

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

that can go 18 ways....

are you a friend of Tibs, KRC, do you enjoy all the posts?

No. I am definitely not a friend. She is trashing the board, making it unreadable. It just amazes me that she spends so much time trying to destroy something. How much hatred do you have to have in you to purposely try to make everyone else as miserable as they are?

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i remember Ice_t, he had some rap songs back in the late 80s

I enjoy his work with Body Count.

Bloomberg reports:

Democratic presidential candidate Kamala Harris is proposing a $315 billion boost in federal spending to give the average public school teacher a $13,500 raise. The plan would be funded by higher estate taxes, according to an aide. ...

For Harris, the teacher pay proposal is an effort to appeal to a Democratic-leaning constituency that is largely unionized and influential in party politics. An NPR/Ipsos poll in May 2018 found that 59 percent of teachers have worked a second job, 46 percent have incurred debt to meet expenses, and at least 8 in 10 have used their own money to buy school supplies.

“States will receive the largest federal investment in teacher pay in history -- enough to increase pay for nearly every teacher in America and entirely close the teacher pay gap,” according to Harris’s six-page policy paper.

22 minutes ago, snafu said:

The Federal Government doesn't have jurisdiction over school teachers' pay.

When I read that I was wondering the same thing.

This is always fun when presidential candidates (they all do it) pretend like they are running for king/queen for a day instead of President of the United States.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Good question! Maybe these posters can help us answer! 

@DC Tom

@ExiledInIllinois

I guess he doesn't have Wikipedia:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polar_stratospheric_cloud

The stratosphere is very dry; unlike the troposphere, it rarely allows clouds to form. In the extreme cold of the polar winter, however, stratospheric clouds of different types may form, which are classified according to their physical state and chemical composition.[4]

Due to their high altitude and the curvature of the surface of the Earth, these clouds will receive sunlight from below the horizon and reflect it to the ground, shining brightly well before dawn or after dusk.

PSCs form at very low temperatures, below −78 °C (−108 °F). These temperatures can occur in the lower stratosphere in polar winter. In the Antarctic, temperatures below −88 °C (−126 °F) frequently cause type II PSCs. Such low temperatures are rarer in the Arctic. In the Northern hemisphere, the generation of lee waves by mountains may locally cool the lower stratosphere and lead to the formation of lenticular PSCs.

Forward-scattering of sunlight within the clouds produces a pearly-white appearance. Particles within the optically thin clouds cause colored interference fringes by diffraction. The visibility of the colors may be enhanced with a polarising filter.[1][5]

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, snafu said:

The Federal Government doesn't have jurisdiction over school teachers' pay.

Jurisdiction is the wrong term but I know what you are saying. Still, I'm sure they would have the power to add more money to teachers pay. If they can do a national minimum wage they can do this 

20 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Jurisdiction is the wrong term but I know what you are saying. Still, I'm sure they would have the power to add more money to teachers pay. If they can do a national minimum wage they can do this 

My wife is a teacher. Education is supposed to be funded by the STATE not federal government. If you’d like teachers to make more money then lobby your STATE government.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Not only can the Federal Reserve order it but they can enforce it too.

22 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Not only can the Federal Reserve order it but they can enforce it too.

And that’s the core problem. The federal government can run a deficit. Your state government cannot. If teachers need more pay, and maybe they do, then the state government has to find it in their balanced budgets to find the money or raise state income tax.

10 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

And that’s the core problem. The federal government can run a deficit. Your state government cannot. If teachers need more pay, and maybe they do, then the state government has to find it in their balanced budgets to find the money or raise state income tax.

budget defined as a sugar plum fairy wish that won't even be useful for toilet paper?

balancing it in any reality based reality?

ROTFLMFAO