Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, DC Tom said:

And he probably paid #30M-50M in taxes buying that with current assets that, if not spent, would not have been taxed at all.

But I guess we're now defining "tax" as confiscation of assets without due process...

not to mention the 'sales tax' that was obviously paid.

24 minutes ago, Foxx said:

not to mention the 'sales tax' that was obviously paid.

He’s lucky that it’s not subject to an excise tax like it would be in Massachusetts or Maine. I get a tax bill every year for the value of my cars, boat, and trailer. It’s why John Kerry has his yacht registered in Rhode Island... the hypocrite. 

Edited by Nanker
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Just because one party controls a majority of a state Congressional delegation does not guarantee the delegation would vote for that party's nominee

Assume Mitt Romney runs and wins the state of Utah.  If the Election went to the House, would Utah vote Trump or Romney?

My original post on this finished with: Chaos!

Willie Brown Admits He Boosted Kamala Harris’s Career
by Brent Scher

Original Article

Former San Francisco mayor Willie Brown broke his silence on his relationship with Democratic senator Kamala Harris on Saturday, admitting in his weekly column that he used his powerful post to boost her young career when they dated. Brown, who was openly in an extramarital relationship with Harris when he was speaker of the California State Assembly and running for mayor, had avoided commenting on his relationship with Harris since she announced her run for president a week ago.

Willie Brown admits it: Kamala Harris slept her way to the top
by Monica Showalter

Original Article

Kamala Harris, that vaunted self-righteous feminist candidate who´s using her ´year of the woman´ chops to challenge President Trump in 2020, has a little problem: She slept her way to the top. You know, the mistress thing, not exactly moving on up based on hard work or merit, that little advantage of good looks, employed to their optimal practical use. Her political patron, former lawyer to pimps, Mayor of San Francisco, and State Assembly Speaker Willie Brown, admitted he helped her get her political start

Edited by B-Man

14 hours ago, /dev/null said:

In that scenario it is probable that such a 3rd party candidate could win enough Electoral Votes to prevent any candidate from reaching the magical 270, thus throwing the Election to the Democrat controlled House of Representatives

Hard to imagine a D emerging as victorious in the House. Way too many R states. 

Poor Beto is just "exhausted". Compared to him Trump is an ironman.

https://freebeacon.com/politics/orourke-still-feels-exhaustion-after-failed-senate-bid-2020-decision-could-be-months-away/

Former Rep. Beto O'Rourke (D., Texas) said he's still dealing with "exhaustion" from losing his Senate race to Ted Cruz (R., Texas) and is possibly months away from deciding whether to run for president.

"There’s an exhaustion after an effort like that, that I’m learning is hard to recover from," O'Rourke said at a local speaker series in El Paso, according to Politico. "You don’t snap back."

At the event, he responded to a questioner that he was looking at teaching if he doesn't run for higher office. He told Politico that deciding to enter the increasingly crowded 2020 field could "potentially" take months.

"There are people who are smarter on this stuff and study this stuff and are following this and say you’ve got to do it this way or get in by this point or get in in this way if you were to get in," O’Rourke said. "I think the truth is that nobody knows right now the rules on any of this stuff. I think the rules are being written in the moment."

• Like (+1) 1

.@jeffzeleny reports on Inside Politics:............. @HillaryClinton is telling associates she hasn’t closed the door on a 2020 bid

Can someone please get up and help the poor old woman close the door??? She’s still in a back brace for Pete’s sake.

Never mind RBG's seclusion......................when was Hillary's last appearance ?  I may be wrong, but even with all the news being made this week, has she been on camera  ?

I know that she disappeared in 2014 for a month, for her pre-campaign plastic surgery................repeat ?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Can someone please get up and help the poor old woman close the door??? She’s still in a back brace for Pete’s sake.

Never mind RBG's seclusion......................when was Hillary's last appearance ?  I may be wrong, but even with all the news being made this week, has she been on camera  ?

I know that she disappeared in 2014 for a month, for her pre-campaign plastic surgery................repeat ?

They're still preparing her clone.

I know, I know...I'm not serious.  But will you believe me when she looks 20 years younger at her next public appearance?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Translation being not enough time has elapsed since her last disaster and figures she will be the media darling after they spend the next several months sorting through the trash that is the other candidates.  Clinton figures that too much time on the center stage alone in 2016 hurt her.  

28 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

They're still preparing her clone.

I know, I know...I'm not serious.  But will you believe me when she looks 20 years younger at her next public appearance?

There was a complication during surgery. There's no consensus regarding if that was a good thing or not.

Hillary after plastic surgery.jpg

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Boob job. 

• Sad 1