Life on the Dirtiest Block in San Francisco

5 minutes ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Ok, that is just nasty.  How in the world can anyone think this is ok?

I was reading about a typhus outbreak in LA .  It is just a matter of time before all the third-world and "eradicated" diseases of the past make their way to the United States via lack of cleanliness (six of those typhus cases were linked to the homeless).  What's next? Bubonic plague? 

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I was reading about a typhus outbreak in LA .  It is just a matter of time before all the third-world and "eradicated" diseases of the past make their way to the United States via lack of cleanliness (six of those typhus cases were linked to the homeless).  What's next? Bubonic plague? 

I'll say it again:  It's time to eject California from the Union.

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Buddy of mine is a lifelong resident of San Francisco, lives in Morin county but works in the city.  The house he grew up in was on the opening credits of the old "streets of san fran" as the cars drove by. Loves it, and most definitely skews left. 

He said certain areas are just horrible today, homeless people, drug needles and people literally $#@@ing on the sidewalk. Interestingly, he doesn't see it as a political problem. 

You're correct, bad things tend to follow  when you use the streets as your toilet. I thought we figured that out in the period spanning roughly 1500-1950. 

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Ok, that is just nasty.  How in the world can anyone think this is ok ?

Can't speak for those in the world, but it's a safe bet the radical Liberals in the U.S. don't have a problem with this.

2 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I'll say it again:  It's time to eject California from the Union.

I started working for companies in San Franciso/Valley in the late 90's, and have ever since. Used to love my trips out there.. I always stayed in the city even with brutal commute out to the suburbs cause I loved it.

Dread every trip I make out there now and feel like I need a body condom to walk outside.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

California:  Romantic views of medieval pestilence for the 21st century! 

• Haha (+1) 1

But California has identified an much more important focus for taxpayers' dollars:  High Speed Rail.  A gleaming ribbon of rail to whisk commuters, tourists, speed freaks, etc.  to their destinations in less time than at present.  The fact that HSR continues to command the attention of the decision-makers in CA in the face of widespread human suffering is incredulous.