Good article BBInsider....

I just finished reading Adam Derges' column about the patsies releasing Troy Brown and the unfortunate scenario involving Bruschi. He made a good point about the team's motivation going into next season, it seems to me that as players on this team you could easily buy into this idea of "doing what's best for the team..blah, blah" up to a point. Sooner or later though they have to ask themselves, "What about Me?" How is my loyalty being rewarded?" I think that this team is going to resemble the one we humiliated 31-0 in the 2003 opener next season rather than a dynasty team and as it was formed from Bob Kraft on down, so shall it be destroyed! :lol:

The Pats will eventually come down...but I'll take 3 of 4 any 4 year span for the Bills.

Its amazing they have been able to keep the "core" egos in check for that long or find replacements for those who were injured, jumped ship or they got rid of. Harrison for Milloy is the best example. The corner situation this year was a good example...but it also makes you think--what if we had to put our draft choices into a situation like that..these guys are all talented football players--who says a Tim Anderson won't kick ass once he gets in there or a Tim Euhus won't be good or even a Dylan McFarland...

You can't continually buy talent at the refined end of the spectrum in free agency and expect to succeed--you have to develop your own sometimes.

who says a Tim Anderson won't kick ass once he gets in there or a Tim Euhus won't be good or even a Dylan McFarland...

283109[/snapback]

Who says we don't do the same. We did put Schoebel, Henry, Wire,

Edwards, Denney into the starting lineup during their rookie years....

Henry, Schoebel and Jennings distinguished themselves.....Wire, Edwards

and Denney did not prompting us to sign Adams, Milloy and draft for

Kelsay.

Who says we don't do the same.  We did put Schoebel, Henry, Wire,

Edwards, Denney into the starting lineup during their rookie years....

Henry, Schoebel and Jennings distinguished themselves.....Wire, Edwards

and Denney did not prompting us to sign Adams, Milloy and draft for

Kelsay.

283194[/snapback]

You just named 5 guys who we put into the lineup during seasons when we did not make the playoffs and a few when we went 3-13 and our talent was down. There is a difference between desperate necessity and reloading. The Patriots build on a strong core which we now have.

The loss, particularly of Pat Williams is less devastating now than it would have been 4 years ago...we have a supporting cast to cover for a new starter while they learn. Don't think the Patriots didn't adjust the scheme this year to adapt for inexperienced corners-but they have the talent to make that ajdustment.

So what's the real impact of this...

1) We don't sign a D-Lineman to replace Pat.

2) You see us only trade or sign one Free Agent offensive Lineman (Shelton or Anderson look like the candidates) and draft or promote from within to fill the other slots. (Clarify--we need three offensive lineman right now who can compete for starting positions--LT, LG and C (Depending on what we do with Teague)...we know what Tucker offers and while he is good--his best position is probably depth)...

I just finished reading Adam Derges' column about the patsies releasing Troy Brown and the unfortunate scenario involving Bruschi. He made a good point about the team's motivation going into next season, it seems to me that as players on this team you could easily buy into this idea of "doing what's best for the team..blah, blah" up to a point. Sooner or later though they have to ask themselves, "What about Me?" How is my loyalty being rewarded?" I think that this team is going to resemble the one we humiliated 31-0 in the 2003 opener next season rather than a dynasty team and as it was formed from Bob Kraft on down, so shall it be destroyed! :blink:

282961[/snapback]

how did the pats do that season??? :P

i just hope bradys new contract SCREWS them out of cap space.