We had all better be prepared to go through

This has been naging at me for awhile now. With a green QB, a shuffled O-line (again) and a RB that’s expected to carry 100% of the load we all are in for a crap-shoot of a year. Real good - real bad or OK. If we end up with the same record as last year and miss the playoff's again, will you be satisfied?

I feel that a 1st year QB is hurting us in FA.

Jeff

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're barely realizing this now? :lol:

That started when Drew was cut. Sorry, I don't have any faith on a rookie QB to lead us to the playoffs. The fact that the line is a mess makes it even worse!

Now, we have a locker room cancer to boot. :D

I would rather have a QB with spunk than a veteran who is bunk!!!

282930[/snapback]

I agree. I think Losman is a step forward. He can't possibly be worse than Bledsoe was. Bledsoe's passes weren't accurate, he'a a statue, he's a sitting duck during defenses frequent blitzes, and gets nervous with a bad case of fumblitis and reverse yardage.

Most of the support coming his way is because he can read defenses. It's not as if he was the master at picking apart opponent's D's with his mastery of defensive reads. Give me a break.

This isn't rocket science. Losman will have a QB coach, O-coordinator, guys up in the booth, a headset, and a head coach who will all be at his side, mentoring and guiding him. They'll use his skills to keep defenses on their heels. This is not an offense that will rely on the passing game. They'll have a skilled running back to pound the ball.

Losman's mobility, passing, and winning attitude should more than make up for the lack of experience that Bledsoe brought to the table.

All this talk of Losman under center being a step backward is a bunch of Mularkey.

I agree. I think Losman is a step forward. He can't possibly be worse than Bledsoe was. Bledsoe's passes weren't accurate, he'a a statue, he's a sitting duck during defenses frequent blitzes, and gets nervous with a bad case of fumblitis and reverse yardage.

Most of the support coming his way is because he can read defenses. It's not as if he was the master at picking apart opponent's D's with his mastery of defensive reads. Give me a break.

This isn't rocket science. Losman will have a QB coach, O-coordinator, guys up in the booth, a headset, and a head coach who will all be at his side, mentoring and guiding him. They'll use his skills to keep defenses on their heels. This is not an offense that will rely on the passing game. They'll have a skilled running back to pound the ball.

Losman's mobility, passing, and winning attitude should more than make up for the lack of experience that Bledsoe brought to the table.

All this talk of Losman under center being a step backward is a bunch of Mularkey.

282946[/snapback]

I'm with you DML! Putting aside JPL's mobility for a sec. It's already been well documented that he can accurately throw the ball with zip on the run and complete short passes! Two things that DB flat out couldn't do! How do these BIG CAT naysayers think he could possibly do worse statistically or otherwise?!? :lol:

Hurting us in Free Agency ? How ? Bledsoe was a positive ? :lol:

It's the available cap space issue. Not much this off-season. Plus the market didn't have any top tier FA's worthy of big $$. I believe the only FA we chased and lost out on was DeMulling. His contract wasn't much and the Bills obviously didn't think he was even worth that.

I understand the need to fill some holes but Losman isn't causing anyone to run from us.

I see more and more posters are becoming impatient. That's understood but lets wait until the first mini-camp, right after the draft, to see what we have lining up.

You're barely realizing this now?  :lol:

That started when Drew was cut.  Sorry, I don't have any faith on a rookie QB to lead us to the playoffs.  The fact that the line is a mess makes it even worse!

Now, we have a locker room cancer to boot.  :D

282929[/snapback]

Precisely why some of us "non Bills fan Drew bashers" wanted JP to start after the Patriots game last year.

But I guess it was more fun beating the Cardinals, getting a ton of breaks, and still falling short of a road wildcard game. :)

Actually yes, yes he can.  If you recall, we did win 9 games last year.  :lol:

CW

282949[/snapback]

Teams knew how to prep for DB--BLITZ-- :D ! JP will be much harder to prepare for seeing as though he hasn't had the playing time to make game film enough to study.

This might be optomistic but I believe we can go 4-1 to start the season because teams can't prepare for JP, aned by then my friends he will be in a groove and hard to stop anyway.

You're barely realizing this now?  :blink:

That started when Drew was cut.  Sorry, I don't have any faith on a rookie QB to lead us to the playoffs.  The fact that the line is a mess makes it even worse!

Now, we have a locker room cancer to boot.  :P

282929[/snapback]

I would rather have a QB who shows some leadership and emotions during

a game rather than a zombie. The look on DBs face during that Pittsburgh

game showed how much he was into the bills making the playoffs...

They say that you lead by either getting everyone around you to play better

by being vocal or show leadership by leading from the front with a great game.

DB did neither of that last season....

This has been naging at me for awhile now. With a green QB, a shuffled O-line (again) and a RB that’s expected to carry 100% of the load we all are in for a crap-shoot of a year. Real good - real bad or OK. If we end up with the same record as last year and miss the playoff's again, will you be satisfied?

I feel that a 1st year QB is hurting us in FA.

Jeff

282928[/snapback]

Could not disagree any more. This team is poised for a serious run a the playoffs with the cutting loose of the dead weight known as Drew Bledsoe. Did you not notice how one change of position like runningback switched the fortunes of this team last season? The same thing will happen when we see JP able to avoid sacks and ad lib the Bills to a 10-6 season. It turns out that Bledsoe and Henry were holding us back from the playoffs. As far as free agency, we didn't need to go hog wild since we're set at every position except for two, left tackle and guard. These are important, but we're still in March.

Teams knew how to prep for DB--BLITZ-- :blink: ! JP will be much harder to prepare for seeing as though he hasn't had the playing time to make game film enough to study.

That'd be all well and good if it were true. However, once TH was removed from the lineup and WM was put in, DB was sacked on average LESS than Golden Boy Tom Brady. It seems to me the blitz was designed more to take advantage of Henry (who can't block), rather than DB.

Look, I'm not saying DB was a great QB; however, you're delusional if you think that there's no way that JPL could be any worse. We could easily be worse. :P

CW

That'd be all well and good if it were true.  However, once TH was removed from the lineup and WM was put in, DB was sacked on average LESS than Golden Boy Tom Brady.  It seems to me the blitz was designed more to take advantage of Henry (who can't block), rather than DB.

Look, I'm not saying DB was a great QB; however, you're delusional if you think that there's no way that JPL could be any worse.  We could easily be worse. :blink:

CW

283202[/snapback]

In all of Henry's time on the Bills he wasnt in on third downs all that much, where most of the sacks came from. He was not a good blocker, and Willis is twice as good at it. But DB not being sacked as often came from the line finally being healthy and gelling, Evans stepping up as a threat opposite Moulds, the coaches using TEs and backs and WRs to chip the DEs, the play-calling, forcing Drew to get it out quick, Willis, and MOST importantly, the defense and special teams scoring and causing turnovers which put the Bills ahead or in great field position. Not Travis being out of there.

That'd be all well and good if it were true.  However, once TH was removed from the lineup and WM was put in, DB was sacked on average LESS than Golden Boy Tom Brady.  It seems to me the blitz was designed more to take advantage of Henry (who can't block), rather than DB.

283202[/snapback]

- cue John McEnroe voice

You CAN'T be serious.

Defenses don't design their gameplan around the blocking ability of a RB, sorry.

DB is going to get blitzed, blitzed, and blitzed in Dallas and take sack after sack, because that's what DB does - I guarantee it.

- cue John McEnroe voice

You CAN'T be serious.

Defenses don't design their gameplan around the blocking ability of a RB, sorry. 

DB is going to get blitzed, blitzed, and blitzed in Dallas and take sack after sack, because that's what DB does - I guarantee it.

283217[/snapback]

Then why, after we removed Henry from the lineup, did teams stop blitzing us every down?

Kelly has some good points and may be correct -- but either way, I saw Bledsoe evade sacks (and even scramble from time to time) once TH was out of the game.

CW

In all of Henry's time on the Bills he wasnt in on third downs all that much, where most of the sacks came from.

283213[/snapback]

That's not accurate. Bledsoe was sacked 13 times on 3rd down. He was sacked 11 times on 1st down and 13 on 2nd down. If you're trying to relieve TH of responsibility, that's not gonna' get you there.

That's not accurate.  Bledsoe was sacked 13 times on 3rd down.  He was sacked 11 times on 1st down and 13 on 2nd down.  If you're trying to relieve TH of responsibility, that's not gonna' get you there.

283239[/snapback]

Thanks for pointing that out. I stand corrected. I was, however, speaking of overall sacks in the Bledsoe/Henry years, that Travis missing blocks was NOT the issue at all with Bledsoe getting sacked, regardless of the fact that TH is a below average blocker. TH may have been responsible for a couple sacks a season. In Bledsoe's good year, 2002, he got sacked more than he did in his totally crappy year, 2003. It wasnt until the middle of this year, and IMO because of all the aforementioned reasons in my previous post, that those numbers went down, and drastically down. It had little to do with Travis. And again, I am not sticking up for Travis's blocking, which is often atrocious.