Josh Allen is the piece just need players around him

59 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

Derek Anderson may get paralyzed behind this OL. I'm not sure he can step in Monday and start next week. I think he's insurance but if he has something left in the tank, we. should run the car until it's empty, 

Thought the OL held their own, and played with passion today against a tough Titans' front.

• Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, klos63 said:

yeah, I saw the head coach, not the coordinator. Allen has a QB coach on the sidelines.

“QB coach” - we also have an “Offensive Line Coach” but so far I haven’t actually seen anyone who can fulfill those roles

9 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

But he hasn't coached QB's in the NFL. He was a QB coach 30 years ago at Southwestern Louisiana and Middle Tennessee State! That's it. That is the guy you trust to help develop Josh Allen in 2018? It's criminal.

To be fair, Reid is an offensive coach. Much easier for him to sit down with him and go over what he was seeing than McD doing that. Would be nice for McDermott to go over and check on him though and sit down with him that way, but we desperately need someone who can actually “coach” him...

For valuing his pick over other first round potential futures, you’d think we’d want to invest in our future by getting a coach to actually develop this future.

20 minutes ago, DougFlutie7 said:

Amazing how fans have to lie to themselves instead of dealing with reality.  Josh Allen was AWFUL. Absolutely brutal. Anyone saying different are just lying to themselves. 

He was awful on too many plays.  He's got a lot to work on. 

2 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

To be fair, Reid is an offensive coach. Much easier for him to sit down with him and go over what he was seeing than McD doing that. Would be nice for McDermott to go over and check on him though and sit down with him that way, but we desperately need someone who can actually “coach” him...

For valuing his pick over other first round potential futures, you’d think we’d want to invest in our future by getting a coach to actually develop this future.

Exactly, which is why it's unfathomable that McD and Beane are not surrounding him with any help. It's crazy.

Kid looked like hot garbage today. He has a ton of potential. But today was not a good day for Allen. He threw for 82 yards w a completion rate of just over 50%. They are literally asking him to do nothing. 

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Didnt shat himself on that game winning drive......

Its a start

They ran it all but one play. Seriously. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, kbarrettb said:

Kid looked like hot garbage today. He has a ton of potential. But today was not a good day for Allen. He threw for 82 yards w a completion rate of just over 50%. They are literally asking him to do nothing. 

So you are criticizing him for doing nothing ('hot garbage") when they are asking him to do nothing?

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

So you are criticizing him for doing nothing ('hot garbage") when they are asking him to do nothing?

If u watched this game. He didn’t play well at all. All he did was hand it off. Every pass he had was bad. He literally ran to the players he was going to pass to and he couldn’t even hit them in the hands. He has potential but today was not a bonus for him. He threw 82 yards man. 

Allen did look better than Marcus... I mean, the naysayers gotta admit that, right?

Just now, kbarrettb said:

If u watched this game. He didn’t play well at all. All he did was hand it off. Every pass he had was bad. He literally ran to the players he was going to pass to and he couldn’t even hit them in the hands. He has potential but today was not a bonus for him. He threw 82 yards man. 

So, that is a "yes" to the question? 

Edited by Paulus

1 minute ago, kbarrettb said:

Well, no.

He didn't play well. But he didntdo what you just said. Besides, I wasn't talking about his game, I was talking about your post, which made no sense.

They both looked like ****. Allen’s qb rating was 42 Mariota qb rating 51.6

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Well, no.

He didn't play well. But he didntdo what you just said. Besides, I wasn't talking about his game, I was talking about your post, which made no sense.

A 42 qb rating is hot garbage 

4 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Allen did look better than Marcus... I mean, the naysayers gotta admit that, right?

So, that is a "yes" to the question? 

Yep a 42 qb rating is awful

1 hour ago, Buddy Hix said:

Allen is about to be replaced by Derek Anderson, in 2018. Allen was bad today, and it's obvious that Daboll has zero confidence in him based on the play calling.

24b.gif

where do you come up with this stuff? allen was responsible for the only touchdown today and he did it in gritty fashion. the kid is athletic and has potential to be good once all the pieces surround him. I don't know what some folks were expecting in this 2nd season of the rebuild but if you haven't the patience to see it play out you're either watching the wrong sport or team, or both!

28 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

But he hasn't coached QB's in the NFL. He was a QB coach 30 years ago at Southwestern Louisiana and Middle Tennessee State! That's it. That is the guy you trust to help develop Josh Allen in 2018? It's criminal.

It's the guy the head coach trusts. I had no say in the matter. trust the process.

1 hour ago, PolishPrince said:

I wouldnt call it rough. Wasnt good, wasnt bad.

Again look at the "talent" around him. That INT 100% on Holmes. Instead of a first down perfect throw, through the hands off his face in the air for an INT lol

I thought he played OK and did what they asked him to relatively well. They leaned on the run game heavily as they should have given our lack of ability on the line and amongst our receivers.

I love his passion to win and get better every game and it will take some time before he can diagnose defenses correctly. I am definitely in support of giving him that time. It's just his accuracy that worries me. That was my concern when we drafted him and it's still a concern. It's not usually something that can be fixed. But! He also looks more accurate when he has the right protection and knows where to go with the ball pre-snap, so if he can learn enough to be comfortable the accuracy might follow. I think even if he becomes great he'll always have the occasional "what was that" throw (thinking Randy Johnson wild throws). 

It will also help him tremendously to draft a few weapons and linemen next year.