Someone needs to be fired over Mahomes right now.

Klaista2k

10 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

Seriously how the !@#$ did we not take this guy?

This guy is !@#$ing sensational and might be the best quarterback in the league for YEARS to come.

Not taking him is absolutely inexcusable and someone needs to be fired for this epic mistake. 

Do you think we'd see that version of Mahomes without him sitting for a year and learning from Alex Smith and having Reid and Nagy coaching him on offense? Do you think Favre would have been Favre if he stayed in Atlanta under Jerry Glanville?

With no real weapons on offense?  Easy to say that as we watch him but that doesnt mean he would have looked like that here. Different system, different reads, different coaching. 

The league will catch up to him at some point this year, always happens, then we have to see what his adjustment will be.

Edited by matter2003

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

The Bills don't get it.

The Chiefs have the best offense in the league, and none of their players fit the type of guys McDermott wants. He values character over talent.

• We passed on Pat Mahomes (didn't want him)
  • We traded Sammy Watkins (didn't want him)
  • Tyreek Hill had major off field issues (unlikely we'd ever take a shot on a guy like him)

The Bills have high character guys all over their offense who unfortunately don't have much talent or skill. Josh Allen is a long term project, our receivers are laughably bad and offer zero athleticism relative to other NFL players, and we have an OL that doesn't get much push.

We're trying to do things one way, and the Cheifs (the best offense in the league) are operating in a way that I don't think McDermott would ever be willing to adopt.

That's a major concern in my eyes. 

Kelvin Benjamin is a high character guy? ?

2 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

Oh trust me, I myself am all for everyone, carry no hate, but if you don't think that is a strategy even by the sports media to get clicks and eyeballs on their product, then I'm not sure what to tell you. Sadly these days, it sells.

Better response than I expected I just didn't think this was the angle you were taking. I don't agree with it, I don't find mahomes or him being a black qb to be noteworthy but I see where you are coming from.

2 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Fire the guy who didn't hire Andy Reid. 

Fire the man who met the man who met Andy Griffith.  Or from yesterday's The Andy Griffith Show, Andy : "Aunt Bea, Call the man.  Call the man.  (Annoyed). Just call the man."

By the way I see that I missed nothing by abstaining from TSW the last day in terms of hysteria.

1 hour ago, GG said:

Could be another reason why McD was a bit testy yesterday.

Note where the two stand on the NFL QBR ratings. http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr

Also, DeShaun Watson is 9th. 

In straight passer rating, Mahomes is second behind Goff (just a hair behind) at 126.5, and Allen is 32nd at 63.8 (the lowest rated starter and 1/10 of a point above ... Tyrod). 

For the record, I am not saying that Allen won't be good, but he is not playing well at all regardless of his supporting players. He runs into sacks like there's no tomorrow (indeed, he's the most sacked QB in the league, and has taken the most lost yards via sack by far), and a lot of those are on him. It's going to be a tough road for him. Tennessee's D is no joke, and it doesn't get much easier. TN, NE, and Chicago are 3 of their next 4 matchups.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I'm sorry but you're way off the mark. The two have nothing in common. Mahomes is a way better passer than Kap ever showed to be. Kap relied on his legs.

All I mean by that is Kaep was the "QB of the future" and the next big thing. He couldnt do ANYTHING wrong. Then, d coordinators slowly figured it out and he came back down to earth. Watson was another example, but hes still figuring it out. 

I'm saying that it's too early to anoint him the next Brady/Breese based on 4 games. 

Revisionist history is a wonderful thing.  Just to remind us all about what was said pre-draft about Mahomes, here is a quote from Greg Cosell:

“The true definition of the word prospect,” Cosell wrote in his official, point-form, pre-draft analysis of Mahomes. “A talented thrower with an NFL arm and the ability to drive the ball and throw with touch, but lacking any refinement and polish for the position. A sandlot-and-playground player at this point. Will initially struggle with the disciplines of playing under centre. How difficult will it be to lose that freewheeling, gunslinger mentality?”

This is just one example.  I am one that thinks college QBs get way overanalyzed, but for all of those rats sneaking up out of the woodwork now to say they knew Mahomes would be great, that we should have taken him, and so on, give me a break.  No you didn't.  You're the same sort that will now look back and say you would have taken Brady early. 

I didn't want Mahomes, I wanted Watson.  And Watson has been a bit up and down.  I didn't want Allen, I wanted Rosen.  But Allen Is showing me some things, and I think as the game slows down and he gets some linemen around him he'll do fine.  But we'll see.

For those calling for the firing of McD because he didn't draft Mahomes, again give me a break.  For those calling for the firing of Beane because he didn't draft him even though he wasn't even the GM at the time, you're completely delusional. 

The current regime will be judged on two things.  One, is Allen the guy?  Two, will they use the picks and cap space they've created to bring in guys that will; make the team a consistent winner.  Their plan involves both; if their plan works great, and if not they will rightfully lose their jobs.  They won't because they (and again not they, and you could argue not even McD) passed on one guy who had question marks coming out of college.

Look at the team around Mahomes. A good OL, an All Pro TE, one of the most dangerous WR's in the NFL, a top 5 RB, and one of the top offensive minds in football as a head coach over the last 2 decades. He resurrected Alex Smith's career in KC. They can have all of the regular season success they want, but until they actually accomplish something in the post season it's just good for FF.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, H2o said:

Look at the team around Mahomes. A good OL, an All Pro TE, one of the most dangerous WR's in the NFL, a top 5 RB, and one of the top offensive minds in football as a head coach over the last 2 decades. He resurrected Alex Smith's career in KC. They can have all of the regular season success they want, but until they actually accomplish something in the post season it's just good for FF.  

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner.

That kid would be getting killed here just like Cornfed.

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

Mahomes may indeed lead KC to a Superbowl appearance in his first season.   Allen/McD/Daboll are on pace to lead Buffalo to a historically bad NFL offense.

Let's party and hope it's growing pains.

Second year,

first as starter

3 hours ago, prissythecat said:

Isn’t Tyrod a two or three time Pro Bowler?  Super bowl wins are a team stat? Wilson isn’t doing so hot without an elite  defense or running game is he?

Dude, Russel Wlson is one of the best, most complete QBs in the league. He has a ring and pro bowls, and it's not all a fluke. Yes, his team currently sucks (and that blame is fully Pete Carroll's) which will happen over a decade long career, but please stop comparing him to Tyrod and Dak Prescott...

Edited by Nelius

3 hours ago, vincec said:

Bills could have done the same. Instead they picked up one of the worst of the available FA QBs to replace Taylor and ended up having to start the rookie. They broke up the team and then focused almost entirely on defense in the initial rebuild. They chose a different route but could have just as easily given Mahomes a year to sit and a decent supporting cast if they chose to.

They desperately needed a QB right from year one. They didn't draft one until year two. To me that means that they just didn't believe in Mahomes or believed in Taylor before they him watched play close up him for a season. Either one is an evaluation error. It doesn't mean it can't still work out but it was a missed opportunity for sure.

They?  Who is they?  McDermott and Who?

or maybe because they didn’t have a GM.....and every GM wants to pick his QB.  Everyone knew Whaley was gone after the draft.  McD isn’t a scout.  He’s was a DC that had yet to be a HC.  He didn’t think Mahomes or Watson were can’t miss superstars.  Not many people would disagree with that assessment.....if they were, they would’ve been taken before our pick.  He gave his GM an extra first rd pick, a shutdown CB and the ability to choose his QB. Which he did.

Do you see what Mahomes has for help that Allen doesn't?  Where the #&$* do I begin.  He has a O line that can win battles to open up the run game and give Mahomes enough time to find an open WR.  What the hell is an open WR, we don't have that here in Buffalo.  Nobody and I mean nobody can get separation which allows Allen to hold on to the ball and make rookie mistakes or run the ball and hurdle dudes.  Allen's only options are throw the ball away Everytime or just run for his life.  But yeah, let's blame Allen for not being Mahomes.  I would love to see Allen with those weapons and protection.  It's also year 2 for Mahomes.  ?

11 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

Seriously how the !@#$ did we not take this guy?

This guy is !@#$ing sensational and might be the best quarterback in the league for YEARS to come.

Not taking him is absolutely inexcusable and someone needs to be fired for this epic mistake. 

McBean overthinking everything and they are looking like fools with huge egos. 

The Chiefs did everything right in this scenario. They saw potential in Mahomes and picked him when others passed. They sat him for a year and let him watch a seasoned pro like Smith. They prepared him for his debut by surrounding him with weapons and protection. If anything the Bills have failed in every aspect of this process with Allen. No mentor, no sitting for a year, no weapons and no protection. That's all on Beane.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1