Gender reveal parties are bad....

Just Jack

10 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Thou must live in a world of absolutes?

What part of this below don't You understand, or do You just make up Your own definitions?  "Typically" doesn't mean exclusively.  So yes, gender can be biological, revolve around physical attributes. Yet, "sex" is a synonym.  Don't rage and get peeved with Me, I don't define this stuff:

the state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones).
"traditional concepts of gender"
synonyms:

sex

Dictionaries evolve based on the way people use or misuse words.  I hope that one you're quoting also has entries like "selfie" and "lol".  Ask the scientific community how they'd use these words and that's what I'll stick with.

57 minutes ago, shrader said:

Dictionaries evolve based on the way people use or misuse words.  I hope that one you're quoting also has entries like "selfie" and "lol".  Ask the scientific community how they'd use these words and that's what I'll stick with.

When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.'

'The question is,' said Alice, 'whether you can make words mean so many different things.'

'The question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, 'which is to be master — that's all.'

I guess it's always been that way but it sure seems the Humpty's are out to dominate the most useless conversations on social media and every second of their existence.

I went to one recently and before they reveal they passed out pink and blue stickers, with the idea you would pick which color you’d believe the kid would be and stick it on your shirt. I put both colors on and when people asked, tell them I think the kid will get a sex change. 

14 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

I went to one recently and before they reveal they passed out pink and blue stickers, with the idea you would pick which color you’d believe the kid would be and stick it on your shirt. I put both colors on and when people asked, tell them I think the kid will get a sex change. 

Or    Twins 1 boy 1 girl.  

9 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

I keep getting arrested when I reveal my gender at parties

Yeah, "meat popcicle" is not a gender. Stop trying to push your nonconformist agenda on three year olds, and just do the damned magic act you were paid to perform.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 10/1/2018 at 9:51 PM, Fadingpain said:

Nouns have gender.

Humans have sexes.

Should have been a sex reveal party, and I still would not have realized what the term meant!

I think people showing up to a sex reveal party would be expecting to make babies, not learn about a half-baked one.

On 10/2/2018 at 4:00 PM, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

I keep getting arrested when I reveal my gender at parties

Apparently these days you dont even need remotely useful evidence to get in trouble for something that may not have happened 35 years ago