Gender reveal parties are bad....

Just Jack

32 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Nouns have gender.

Humans have sexes.

Should have been a sex reveal party, and I still would not have realized what the term meant!

Definition #1:

gen·der
ˈjendər/
noun
  1. 1.
    the state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones).
    "traditional concepts of gender"
    synonyms: sex
    "variables included age, income, and gender"
  2. 2.
    GRAMMAR
    (in languages such as Latin, Greek, Russian, and German) each of the classes (typically masculine, feminine, common, neuter) of nouns and pronouns distinguished by the different inflections that they have and require in words syntactically associated with them. Grammatical gender is only very loosely associated with natural distinctions of sex.

46 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Nouns have gender.

Humans have sexes.

Should have been a sex reveal party, and I still would not have realized what the term meant!

It drives me crazy each time I hear it. Babies do not have a gender. 

42 minutes ago, shrader said:

It drives me crazy each time I hear it. Babies do not have a gender. 

Thou must live in a world of absolutes?

What part of this below don't You understand, or do You just make up Your own definitions?  "Typically" doesn't mean exclusively.  So yes, gender can be biological, revolve around physical attributes. Yet, "sex" is a synonym.  Don't rage and get peeved with Me, I don't define this stuff:

the state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones).
"traditional concepts of gender"
synonyms:

sex

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

It took me to well into the article to finally comprehend what a "gender reveal party" was... Once I figured it out, I stopped reading.

TiL: What a gender reveal party is.

I want My 2 minutes back.

Thank you for your sacrifice, saving others from this.

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Thank you for your sacrifice, saving others from this.

LMAO!  I actually had to check the definition of "reveal."  Just to be sure I was covering all the bases.  Ha!  I was totally clueless going in. I thought I was missing something.  

I am totally clueless coming out!

9 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

It took me to well into the article to finally comprehend what a "gender reveal party" was... Once I figured it out, I stopped reading.

TiL: What a gender reveal party is.

Having suffered thru a few, its like Mommy and Daddy's version of a personal Heisman Trophy ceremony. 

An hour or so of unnecessary drama to deliver a message that could just as easily been achieved with a group text.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

Having suffered thru a few, its like Mommy and Daddy's version of a personal Heisman Trophy ceremony. 

An hour or so of unnecessary drama to deliver a message that could just as easily been achieved with a group text.

I think they are silly personally.  But if you feel you need the attention.  

LAMP 

9 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

LMAO!  I actually had to check the definition of "reveal."  Just to be sure I was covering all the bases.  Ha!  I was totally clueless going in. I thought I was missing something.  

I am totally clueless coming out!

as a straight white man my main hassles consist of me finding out "now what do i have to do????" that gets in the way of a day off to watch football or have a nap

bring it on...

12 minutes ago, Keukasmallies said:

Is there a recently published rule book available to those of us who still cling to the original definitions of these now confusing terms?

nope, it is all up to the people who insist on making these rules, they can change them at any time without a reason

you just accept whatever they say and acknowledge they are superior

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

nope, it is all up to the people who insist on making these rules, they can change them at any time without a reason

you just accept whatever they say and acknowledge they are superior

But, but, it's all so silly.  You just have to giggle when you hear Maxine Waters denounce [fill in the blank].  Are there truly voters in her district that believe she is working for their wellbeing?

10 minutes ago, Keukasmallies said:

But, but, it's all so silly.  You just have to giggle when you hear Maxine Waters denounce [fill in the blank].  Are there truly voters in her district that believe she is working for their wellbeing?

i try to take the high road in political theory, the gnats flying around can be amusing sometimes, DO NOT let them annoy you as they don't even believe what they say

everything is socially touchy now......

• Like (+1) 1