For my Fishing Friends

billsfan_34

The best time of the year is right now! 18 mile off Olcott is loaded with Salmon and Steelies are Trickling in as well.

last night, right as it got dark, my son and I drew back into the creek via my boat- using a glow spoon (green luminaged stripe) and smashed a king. I fought this thing for 15 minutes and right at the vertical line point coming to the boat he shook off- next time im going to let him run a few more times. Anyways that was it for the night. 

If you dont have a boat fish the Olcott pier and lewistin boat launch is great too. If your fishin lake erie the Catt by the res has steelies right now too along with all other tribs- maybe some browns in there too.

During the day floating egg sacs is working well also.

Happy fishing- Go Bills and UB Bulls too !

Edited by billsfan_34

20 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

Back in the day we used to pull steelios out of Gowanda. Fun fight if you can get one to bite. Half the time you could hit them in the head with the bait and they wouldnt even sniff it. 

I know that spot well by the bridge! They can be very selective for sure- you must use a fluorocarbon leader thats invisible to them or they will see it as “foreign” and not even touch it.

On 10/1/2018 at 4:23 PM, wnysteel said:

big steelhead guy here, love the Erie tribs. following...

Love the Catt and 18 mile! Never checked out Canadayuay or Chataqua creeks. Once I put the boat up when there a nice day im going to hit em. Let me know how you make out.

On 10/6/2018 at 10:38 PM, billsfan_34 said:

Love the Catt and 18 mile! Never checked out Canadayuay or Chataqua creeks. Once I put the boat up when there a nice day im going to hit em. Let me know how you make out.

everything blown out now from the rain, 18 mile should be good in a couple days if it doesn't rain. catt probably at least a week. i've never been to canadaway or chautaqua either but i hear they can be good. i stick closer to home :)

3 hours ago, wnysteel said:

everything blown out now from the rain, 18 mile should be good in a couple days if it doesn't rain. catt probably at least a week. i've never been to canadaway or chautaqua either but i hear they can be good. i stick closer to home :)

Went out this morn- lots of boats in creek. Salmon a jumpin- guys on bridge had a double header- pulled both salmon in. Boaters no luck- usin bright cleos and stinger spoons. Didnt have a ton of time to rig sacs as im off to Sabres game. Will head out tomorrow night as it will be better!